Poll: Mass Effect 2 class

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Favorite Mass Effect 2 class?

Personally, mine would have to be the Vanguard. What's yours and why?
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

I try playing different classes, and some have cool abilities like pull and throw, but none of them compare to Adrenaline Rush.

Finding Infiltrator pretty damn fun to play!
    Played trough with Vanguard, and the charge wasn't that cool. :<
    Hi

I played mostly Soldier and Biotic Class. Biotic is fun when it comes to cleverly directing someone into a Wind Effect. While the Soldier is fun when it comes to just shooting stuff.

Infiltrator for me; I hope in ME3 they make the other classes more attractive to people who like to roll the soldier class in what ever game that they play because almost everyone I spoke to who played ME2 played a soldier. Even on the ME2 website, 33% of people who voted on the class pole play soldier.

Deleted
    I wish they make the abilities stronger and a higher focus of the classes. That is, some classes don't need to shoot because they can just use their powers.
    That way they can make bigger steps between 100% focus on weapons, 50:50 and entirely ability based.

At the end of the day, everyone just pulls a gun out and shoots. Making the abilities more defining will create an even more personalised choice with the classes.

Thats purely my opinion though. Can't wait for ME3

Deleted
    I used Adept for the insane difficulty clears on ME1 and ME2, can't imagine trying without the crowd control, especially the first one.

Edit: Although unfortunately ME2 really took away the need for it with shared cooldowns, I ended up primarily just using pull>throw/shoot combos. I remember in ME1 I had to pause and assign abilities of the party to CC separate targets for nearly every fight, ME2 was a lot more shoot>cover based.
    Last edited by mmoca0dbd288a6; 2011-01-09 at 03:16 AM.

Infiltrator is just... the best. Only thing that can come close to infiltrator's effectiveness on insanity is the soldier.

I tried the other classes. one of my shepards was like all bionic powers and what not, but most the time he was shooting anyways..
    Seems soldier is the only real choice hence so many people play it.

In the cut scenes bionic power pwn ppl. Like when jack took out two of those large robots by self but when you have her on your team she cant even take down one...

Sentinel. I'll get right in your face, laugh my ass off and blow you up.

I haven't played it much but when I did I chose Vanguard. Used the charge ability then loved it <3
    No. No no no no nononnonon

Infiltrator = best class and most fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me definitely sniper aka infiltrator with damage-talented stealth shot.
    (one shotting harbingers anyone? :x)

Vanguard.

If only because the playstyle is "oh crap my shields are breaking BETTER CHARGE AT SOMEONE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Soldier...Just because i can almost use every weapon in the game and adrenalin rush is awesome.

I played Infiltrator in 1 and 2. I liked it more than the other class choices. It felt largely more tactical from a ranged perspective. With the addition of invisibility cloaking, and AoE fire, I felt I had a tool for every situation.

Vanguard was a close second though. Extremely fun playstyle, fast paced, and really heart pumping action going on with it.

I played Soldier a bit, and every fight seemed to go the same. It was fun, but not as fun as the other class options.

I never get far in a playthrough with Biotic though. Engineer seems fun but never played it. And sentinel just sounds boring. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

I think the Infiltrator class is the most fun one so far, but when I test out new expansion packs and things at higher difficulty than I have done before, I usually go with the Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I used Adept for the insane difficulty clears on ME1 and ME2, can't imagine trying without the crowd control, especially the first one.

Edit: Although unfortunately ME2 really took away the need for it with shared cooldowns, I ended up primarily just using pull>throw/shoot combos. I remember in ME1 I had to pause and assign abilities of the party to CC separate targets for nearly every fight, ME2 was a lot more shoot>cover based.

wow, really? O_o
    i would have thought biotic's would be the hardest class to play in insane difficulty considering everything has shields/armour you have to burn through before they even work

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden View Post
    wow, really? O_o
    i would have thought biotic's would be the hardest class to play in insane difficulty considering everything has shields/armour you have to burn through before they even work
    There is some videos on youtube of a guy going through insanity difficulty as biotic, and he was going at a pretty fast rate. Too lazy to go find it and link it at the moment. Biotic isn't bad on insanity difficulty, it's just not like in me1 where you can blow through enemies like they're nothing with biotics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Draw between Engineer and Vanguard. As a vanguard you're always at the edge, but the Charge+Claymore shot+punch is rewarding and fun.

Infiltrator is somewhat fun if used in close-quaters with SMG, sniper rifles are for pussies.

But I admit, my first insanity run was a Soldier because adrenalin rush is totally OP, but the class is quite boring.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-01-09 at 10:32 AM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal