Deleted

Kinect and MMO's

So first i saw this

Its a nice idea but it will probably never be suitable for World of Warcraft because of the complexity of all the abilitys.

And then i saw this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12144231

If World of Warcraft is unsuitable for this, maybe something else would be? Maybe future MMO's will support this (Titan..?) i can imagine it being pretty successful if it was done right, imagine the ability to get all those Wii / Kinect players subscribing £8.99 a month to something as addictive as WoW...

Razer are doing one too. The thing that makes me rofl the most is the fact I've been doing this kind of shit with a Wiimote since Wii's launch.
    The problem is exactly what the PS/360 fanboys were moaning about when Nintendo announced the Wiimote.
    You do not get the same level of control that you get with a mouse/keyboard.
    Which is why my Wii collects dust and my PC has been gathering momentum since I was 12.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't get my vote because the UI would be dumbed down if created for the use of the Kinect. I'll keep my hotkeys and mouse, thank you.

i dont want to stand in the middle of my living room waving my arms about for three hours or whatever.

we invented chairs for a reason.

this technology reduces input accuracy and response time and is actually a step backwards.

it has a couple of viable applications none of which really reflect the interests of mainstream gaming except for "party games" and i don't care how much the guy in charge of the program at microsoft insults us (and he does, for not buying it, because apparently it's the second coming, as you'll know if you follow the tech news) the thing is ultimately gonna bomb and simply end up a very expensive niche peripheral.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-01-09 at 04:16 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

If you play a MMO casually it may have a use for you. Don't expect to ever compete against anyone with a mouse and keyboard though. These will always be casual/fun gimmicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    i dont want to stand in the middle of my living room waving my arms about for three hours or whatever.

we invented chairs for a reason.
    Visual image... indeed... not appealing! :-P

can you imaging coming home from a hard days work and then raiding for 3-4 hours with this thing ?

i certainly can't

well tbh i can but i'd probably need a forklift to get me out of bed the following day.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-01-09 at 04:19 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Encourage obese kids to do some exercise by playing video games? Are kids really that lazy these days?