Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of whatever someone might've said; I support this idea.
    Yes, someone will still need just to be an ass, but at least they won't benefit from it, other than vendor money (which isn't all that much anyway).
    Let the greedy bastards bitch about it. It's only fair, and we all want what's fair.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Need = Becomes BoP with a 1c vendor value.

10+ Year Old Account
    yup, nice idea indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forfeit View Post
    Need = Becomes BoP with a 1c vendor value.
    And people would still do it just to grief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Thing is, that people would still press N to either ninja it, or use it for off-spec or if they missclick...
    As long as they won't profit for it at AH, I'm totally cool with this idea.

It's a good idea. The only problem lies in finding a way to make it only affect dungeons. I've had many times in raids where our Raid Leader has forgotten to set Master Looter and had to press need so he could do rolls and trade it or wang it in the GB because a half dozen people hit greed without thinking. I dunno, with the group trading of BoPs, perhaps it wouldn't be a big issue.

Either way, I like the idea and would happily support it if there was some kind of petition or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Wouldn't always work for me. When this has happened in the past before and someone hit DE, I hit need, got the loot, and told the group to reroll for it. No point throwing away thousands of gold it was worth just for a crystal.

This is actually a great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Wouldn't always work for me. When this has happened in the past before and someone hit DE, I hit need, got the loot, and told the group to reroll for it. No point throwing away thousands of gold it was worth just for a crystal.
    Then just let the moron just get the shard for it. It's his own fault for not paying attention. Not your job to babysit morons!
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Love it, but it should then go Need > Greed > DE - In case someone can use it for OS, it's better than making a crystal out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Hobo View Post
    It's a good idea. The only problem lies in finding a way to make it only affect dungeons. I've had many times in raids where our Raid Leader has forgotten to set Master Looter and had to press need so he could do rolls and trade it or wang it in the GB because a half dozen people hit greed without thinking. I dunno, with the group trading of BoPs, perhaps it wouldn't be a big issue.

Either way, I like the idea and would happily support it if there was some kind of petition or whatever.
    You answered that problem yourself With the group trading window of 2 hours to trade any BoPs within the party/raid it would truly be a non-issue, unless u forgot and waited longer than 2 hours :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    That wouldn't work any more in general (if it ever did after cross realm Dungeon Finder on 2009-12-08). You cannot trade non-BoP items obtained from the same instance cross-realm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    And people would still do it just to grief.
    And I'm prefectly fine with that. As long as they aren't completely being ass hats just to make profit then I'm ok. If they wana grief who cares? I don't get the gold but neither do they. That's how I would think of it really..

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Love it, but it should then go Need > Greed > DE - In case someone can use it for OS, it's better than making a crystal out of it
    It'll turn into the reason why they added the disenchant option in. The disenchanter will ALWAYS greed/need because he can disenchant the item himself and if he gets priority over someone who can't disenchant but say wants the dust from the item then he should have just as much priority as the disenchanter himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Deleted
    Great idea. You got my support.

No, then i can't ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    And I'm prefectly fine with that. As long as they aren't completely being ass hats just to make profit then I'm ok. If they wana grief who cares? I don't get the gold but neither do they. That's how I would think of it really..

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 09:46 PM ----------

It'll turn into the reason why they added the disenchant option in. The disenchanter will ALWAYS greed/need because he can disenchant the item himself and if he gets priority over someone who can't disenchant but say wants the dust from the item then he should have just as much priority as the disenchanter himself.
    It's their profession though, they should. Unless nodes/skins/etc are also rolled on, I see no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I'd be okay with that if it actually became soulbound if you hit need. That would stop the ninjas.

For me, the one that gets under my skin is disenchant rolling, and not because I'm some QQing enchanter. It's because if you greed to offspec, it can get disenchanted without you even being able to ask for it. Sure you can need offspec, assuming it's within your item proficiency, and that makes it a lot less of an issue now, with the 5% stats. But for example, when I was leveling my resto druid in cata, I ended up with some green cloth shoes. I intended to replace them with leather asap, and eventually did, but in between times some blue cloth shoes dropped in a run. No clothies in the run; I wanted to upgrade to them but couldn't roll need, and they ended up getting disenchanted. Nothing I could do about it.

I think the whole loot rolling system needs to be updated. It's way too general as it is.

Hey, this is actually a good idea! You dont see many of these around here. I like it. Just make it soulbound if you need. And its simple enough that I could see blizzard doing it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I think this idea is awesome. Sure you are still gonna have some ninjas, but it will be a significantly lower number for sure. I do think however that it should be just for 5 mans and not raids. Raids should be ML anyway and if the raid leader forgets (not gonna happen often) then you just deal with it then. those boe epics from raids are good to stick in the GB for up coming alts or new guildies. Hopefully bliz will be able to fix the non trading of boes in the near future.

Excellent idea, get it in the game, NOW!
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'