Page 1 of 3
LastLast

blizzard fix archeology !

plain and simple blizzard failed to incorporate a feature for people who are colour blind.
    i have contacted a few G.Ms now and to be honest they are all tripping over each other one answered "yes we are aware of this situation" one replied "thank you for bringing this to our attention" one said "go download a mod" ? lol really?
    simple answer to the BASIC programmers @ blizzard change the red-yellow-green lights to a simple letter R-Y-G then the game will be in align with the D.D.A.

im writing this post on behalf of my nephew who atm cannot do his archeology because he cant tell what colour the lights are on.

and before i get replied back with "go get a mod" why should he have to? he has a disability what blizzard SHOULD be addressing in order for the company to remain respectable.

Go get a mod. That's your immediate solution.

Blizzard has told you they're aware of the situation, and it may be fixed in a future patch. In the meantime, you can complain about it on a forum, which will solve nothing. Or you can go get a mod for him, which will solve the problem immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology*
    And if they say they're working on it, they are. Atm, download archy, it says the colour of the indicator above the coloured square marker so he can do it.

Well it is, but in the MEAN TIME go get archy. It's the best archaeology mod, I think, and helps with that. I'm pretty sure it labels the distance by telling you what color the light is. It also helps with distances and makes archaeology a lot more visual by showing you all your works in progress. I know your situation sucks, but archaeology is a lot better with this add-on, colorblind or not!

Doesnt the blinking light on the survey tool blink faster and faster the closer you get to the target?

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    plain and simple blizzard failed to incorporate a feature for people who are colour blind.
    i have contacted a few G.Ms now and to be honest they are all tripping over each other one answered "yes we are aware of this situation" one replied "thank you for bringing this to our attention" one said "go download a mod" ? lol really?
    simple answer to the BASIC programmers @ blizzard change the red-yellow-green lights to a simple letter R-Y-G then the game will be in align with the D.D.A.

im writing this post on behalf of my nephew who atm cannot do his archeology because he cant tell what colour the lights are on.

and before i get replied back with "go get a mod" why should he have to? he has a disability what blizzard SHOULD be addressing in order for the company to remain respectable.
    Stop raging over it, it won't get you anywhere.

You have raised awareness to your issue and Blizzard has taken notice. Now you have to wait for them to implement it when they can, they won't create a patch just for you and there are other issues that also need attention.

Meanwhile the use of an addon is your best solution for the time being. Instead of being mad about it because they won't do it overnight, meet them midway and use an addon until Blizzard can implement the feature you have requested.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissyChief View Post
    Well it is, but in the MEAN TIME go get archy. It's the best archaeology mod, I think, and helps with that. I'm pretty sure it labels the distance by telling you what color the light is. It also helps with distances and makes archaeology a lot more visual by showing you all your works in progress. I know your situation sucks, but archaeology is a lot better with this add-on, colorblind or not!
    i will try that for him mate BUT my point is he should not have to put a 3rd party mod in when blizz have a colorblind feature already in place but they missed out arch.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    Stop raging over it, it won't get you anywhere.
    i suggest you understand life mate.it was a statement not rage.

Deleted
    Yeah don't rage, I'm glad they've added some options helpful for colorblind.
    I don't have to say how hopeless it used to be when you were a rogue without any addons -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    Doesnt the blinking light on the survey tool blink faster and faster the closer you get to the target?
    a light is no good m8 when its GREY

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

How come he can't tell what colour the lights are on? Is he colourblind? If so, there is a colourblind mode you can activate in display.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 08:11 PM ----------

Actually yeah, if it blinks faster and faster, the colour doesn't matter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How come he can't tell what colour the lights are on? Is he colourblind? If so, there is a colourblind mode you can activate in display.
    my nephew is colourblind what means he cant see colours.
    the built in mod does not cater for people with this disablilty.

The light Blinks very fast when green, intermitant when yellow and not at all when red k thanks bye

i will try that for him mate BUT my point is he should not have to put a 3rd party mod in when blizz have a colorblind feature already in place but they missed out arch.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 07:08 PM ----------

i suggest you understand life mate.it was a statement not rage.
    Must have been all the CAPS then. Try to understand that people can't hear you nor read your mind when you post on a forum. By etiquette, when something is written in all caps it is to be assumed that the person who typed it was screaming or raised their voice, which implies a hot temper.

Again, your point has been heard and they even said that they'll work on it, what else do you want?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    Archaeology*
    And if they say they're working on it, they are. Atm, download archy, it says the colour of the indicator above the coloured square marker so he can do it.
    That doesn't help. No mod can currently tell the color of the survey tool. All the mods that give a color indication do so based on the coordinates you were standing when you used survey, and how far you have moved from that spot.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

boohoo, you could have a lot worse conditions than being color blind. be thankful, stop whining.

do like i did, download a mod, don't make thread about it feeling sorry for yourself. unfortunately it was overlooked but is likely being worked on, as you were told

LOL COLOR BLIND? how about they fix the profession instead
    Beta Club

You dont need the light for archaeology. you can just do what i do. Walk in the direction the scope is pointing and survey the second its off cooldown. Maybe not the quickest but its the way I do it.

You got it backwards. It sucks for your nephew that he has this disability, but that doesn't make it blizzard's responsibility to make sure he can enjoy every aspect of the game. The fact that they offer a way for colorblind people to play is a service, not a responsibility.

As the gm's have told you, it's on their list but blizzard is a big company and they have a lot of things on their list, most of which are probably more pressing matters that affect more than what, 0.01% of the players. There is a very simple solution, download the mod. So instead of coming here and demanding that blizz fixs something for you, which is rather ineffecient since these aren't official forums, you could also take action yourself and fix your own, or in this case your nephew's, problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Color is different from speed. A color blind person can still tell how fast something is blinking no matter what color it is. Being color blind does not equal everything is grey, and your nephew should still be able to see see a difference in shading between some colors even if they are Total Color blind. As indicated by this image that still has the red stripes on the American flag distinguishable from the white and blue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...olor_blind.png
    Last edited by rhorle; 2011-01-09 at 07:25 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    You got it backwards. It sucks for your nephew that he has this disability, but that doesn't make it blizzard's responsibility to make sure he can enjoy every aspect of the game. The fact that they offer a way for colorblind people to play is a service, not a responsibility.

As the gm's have told you, it's on their list but blizzard is a big company and they have a lot of things on their list, most of which are probably more pressing matters that affect more than what, 0.01% of the players. There is a very simple solution, download the mod. So instead of coming here and demanding that blizz fixs something for you, which is rather ineffecient since these aren't official forums, you could also take action yourself and fix your own, or in this case your nephew's, problems.
    you will find mate all companys have to obide by the laws of the D.D.A. blizzard are no exeption so it IS there duty to solve this.