Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerwurdhug View Post
    You assume that was me due to the name but no my priest is named Mistaken EU Lightbringer Guild name CuzWeCan look me up
    This thread now confuses me. This is an honest question, not trying to shoot you down or anything but...

...you live in Corvallis, Orgeon, and play on Lightbringer-EU?

I didn't think that was possible. Again, not accusing, just curious. Did you recently move to Europe and forgot to change your location on MMO?

I did but checked that one too and i still don't see any raid bosses killed in cata, not having a go but when it comes to fights like Chimeron and Atramedes, you will go oom, it requires alot of raid healing.

Also there is other fights like Halfus and Defensive system that makes all our healers oom not just the holy priests.

I also use shadowfiend, but its not like it gives that much mana back i'm also using arcane torrent mana pots hymn of hope but i can still run oom, like i said before it depends on the fight.

I didnt think omnomnomtron system took that much of my mana, guess it depends on how much you can stand in those lovley clouds tho i guess, atm i have a dk with 1p in desecration so his stupid slow thingy covers it, gotta tell him to l2specc and remove that shit asap :/
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

Oh i'm raiding 25m, atm we are running with 2 holy 1 disc and 3 resto and a shaman, we only take 6 out of those though, but yeah its alot more dmg to heal when people don't move out of the clouds and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    This thread now confuses me. This is an honest question, not trying to shoot you down or anything but...

...you live in Corvallis, Orgeon, and play on Lightbringer-EU?

I didn't think that was possible. Again, not accusing, just curious. Did you recently move to Europe and forgot to change your location on MMO?
    Im foreign exchange
    "A priest is he who lives solely in the realm of the invisible, for whom all that is visible has only the truth of an allegory."

holy priest

playing a holy priest i would sorta agree im almost 84 have random blues and greens no flask or buff food and yes i finish every fight just about at 100%.me likes

Deleted
    According to what I've seen from movies, logs, ingame etc etc priests seem to be doing good pve-wise, atleast holy priests. PvP is a totally different story but has nothing to do with this thread.

You assume that was me due to the name but no my priest is named Mistaken EU Lightbringer Guild name CuzWeCan look me up
    That character hasn't downed a single raid boss, how exactly can you comment on priest healers mana in raids.

In any case though, our regen is probably a bit too good atm, and that is why it is getting nerfed a bit. I think the biggest problem is mana tide though, i'd consider my gear pretty good(with maloriak trinket stacked and spirit flask on im sitting at 4.8k mp5) but some fights can still get me almost oom. I raid without a resto shaman though, although i did do magmaw once with a resto shaman instead of our resto druid, and despite the fact that the shaman did about 3k less hps than the druid so i had to heal more, i had absolutely no mana issues at all, in fact im pretty sure i did end the fight at 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    That character hasn't downed a single raid boss, how exactly can you comment on priest healers mana in raids.

In any case though, our regen is probably a bit too good atm, and that is why it is getting nerfed a bit. I think the biggest problem is mana tide though, i'd consider my gear pretty good(with maloriak trinket stacked and spirit flask on im sitting at 4.8k mp5) but some fights can still get me almost oom. I raid without a resto shaman though, although i did do magmaw once with a resto shaman instead of our resto druid, and despite the fact that the shaman did about 3k less hps than the druid so i had to heal more, i had absolutely no mana issues at all, in fact im pretty sure i did end the fight at 100%.
    Your right I havent downed boss's but ive attempted mutiple boss's some gettin as close to 3% then wipe. But thats not the point. The point is on the boss's that I have attempted I have had no issues whatsoever with mana.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    I did but checked that one too and i still don't see any raid bosses killed in cata, not having a go but when it comes to fights like Chimeron and Atramedes, you will go oom, it requires alot of raid healing.

Also there is other fights like Halfus and Defensive system that makes all our healers oom not just the holy priests.

I also use shadowfiend, but its not like it gives that much mana back i'm also using arcane torrent mana pots hymn of hope but i can still run oom, like i said before it depends on the fight.
    I can go from about 20k mana back to full with a mana restoration rot for ex on magmaw when hes impaled i pop hymn of hope shadowfiend arcane torrent potion and MAYBE ask for an innervate and im back to full mana <---was back when my mp5 wasnt as good
    Last edited by Powerwurdhug; 2011-01-10 at 12:54 AM.
    "A priest is he who lives solely in the realm of the invisible, for whom all that is visible has only the truth of an allegory."

I run with a resto shaman, and yes with mana tide it makes holy concs really good but without one u struggle with mana.

I've done a few bosses myself, and i run oom, i no longer go oom on magmaw now though but on chimeron, malorak, defensive system i do.

Did conclave of wind, but that was pretty easy on my mana its the heavy aoe dmg fights that i run oom.

Our best geared holy paladin has two really epic regen trinkets and an epic weapon. Never ever runs oom. Usually wins healing meters. Excellent player to boot. I keep on calling paladins OP in his presence. But seriously, I could probably do what he does, given that gear. Maybe one of these days I will have luck with archaeology trinkets and will be able to afford the 35k they sell the tsunami trinkets for as well. Gear REALLY REALLY matters.

Is our regen OP?
    - Not compared to paladins. Not compared to the healing needed.
    Is our regen broken?
    - Arguably. It's not what we were prescribed at the beginning of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Fire View Post
    The heals from Lightwell counts as the priests heals, so if enough people use it, he might be able to top healing without doing very much.
    u do realise lightwell has 10 charges every 3 minutes so i dont think this is the case, 15 charges if u glyph it which mostly no1 does.

Your right I havent downed boss's but ive attempted mutiple boss's some gettin as close to 3% then wipe. But thats not the point. The point is on the boss's that I have attempted I have had no issues whatsoever with
    Just a friendly suggestion... If you're having no mana issues whatsoever then it's clear that you have more spirit than you need. If your group is wiping on bosses, you should really consider reforging some of that excess spirit to throughput until you have reduced spirit to a point where you are just able to manage your mana pool after using all available mana CD's.

Edit: This applies to any healing class. There is a point at which you can have too much spirit, and that point is where it exceeds your need to regen.
    Last edited by Bigslick; 2011-01-10 at 03:00 AM.

Your right I havent downed boss's but ive attempted mutiple boss's some gettin as close to 3% then wipe. But thats not the point. The point is on the boss's that I have attempted I have had no issues whatsoever with mana.
    The original point of this thread was that you END fights with 100% mana. If you have no raid bosses killed, this means heroics which is quite different than raids. You've changed the original question of the thread. Then again he also says you end at 100% mana but use 3 healers... trash? So confused..

Also, telling people that they can't read when your post says nothing about what they're supposed to read is pretty funny. I chuckled while reading through your posts..

you, also, dont read. The trinket I have is always active, puts a shield on me while the shield is up i have an additional 450 mp5 and when the shield breaks i gain 6k mana......you just assumed the trinket was a CD
    The only trinket that works remotely like you're describing is the Egg. That trinket only has a maximum of 25% uptime. Its associated MP5 is only ~350 including the proc when the shield breaks. In many raid fights the shield will only last ~10 seconds bringing the MP5 down to ~320 MP5. Sorry, but that is indeed a cooldown. If that is not the trinket you're using then you've just invented a trinket that doesn't exist. Kudos...

I wouldn't say OP. I'm a holy priest myself, I top the healing meters almost every fight, but it's very, VERY close. 2nd is our holy paladin who has pretty much equal gear, and 3rd is our resto druid who also has worse gear than both of us. This is our usual healer composition for the normal mode raids (current progress: 6/12).

The only fights I don't really expend my mana pool on is Magmaw and Valiona. All the other fights, I am sitting oom or low mana.

As was said in another post, there is such a thing as too much regen. That means your throughput is probably weak and that is just as bad.

Our regen is strong, however we rely completely on our regen and shadowfriend which is a 5 min cooldown.

And are we OP? I don't think we are.

But if we look at the meters, i top it at 9/12 bosses so we must be OP right?

PS: Conclave isn't a fight to go by meters as it wont be 100% accurate if they are on another platform than you.

Deleted
    Priest healing is not op, as with any healer it depends on the raid.

Avoiding dmg, I can sit there and just refresh renews with GH and PoH as needed, barely using any mana (well, I am using it just not more than mine and raids Cds restore), and with LW down with my raid trained to use it (took a while), I can end fights on very high mana.

If people stnad in shit, miss interrupts or generally fuck up, we still may manage to heal it, but we'll be verging on oom for most of the fight.

And thats how its supposed to be.

As for disc/holy? well, I like both, Holy is argueably better at tank healing ironically, whilst Disc with DA auto proccing off PoH and with glyph, and using well timed Inspirations and AA buff can put out sick levels of raid healing for very low mana. And once the changes let grace multi stack, well Disc aoe is going to go off the charts.

BTW to the idiot who thought LW was somehow doing nothing on the priest part, L2P you moron. Its a brilliant spell, and its part of Holy's arsenal, learn to use it effectively or reroll. or better yet stop playing altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    u do realise lightwell has 10 charges every 3 minutes so i dont think this is the case, 15 charges if u glyph it which mostly no1 does.

You do realise that LW has THE highest HPM by any of our spells and thats BY ALOT LW has a HPM of 47.81 Renew with 5 ticks (12.5% haste with buffs) has 5.99 HW:Serenity has 11 And with 12.5% haste renew has a higher HPM than heal

All this is assuming you have glyhped Renew and LW. And apart from Renew PoH and LW i hardly see any other prime glyphs worth using.
    Last edited by Kuddly; 2011-01-10 at 11:41 AM. Reason: forgot to quote
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750