Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    tanking was the hardest thing in wow vanilla, was hard in tbc, got terribly easy in wotlk.
    however (maybe i'm going to write something that someone already wrote) i can say that tanking, healing and dps may vary in difficult depending on the class.
    i've played several years different classes, playing only mage, pala and warrior in cataclysm and at the moment i can say that:

Warrior: Tanking is hard, DPS is average in crowded situations but is very pleasing to play when you find yourself managing adds and trying to save the ass to your healers/clothies.
    Paladin: Tanking is boringly easy, Healing is boringly easy if the tank is good and the DPSes knows how to avoid damage, i cannot tell about the DPS becouse the current retadin is heavily RNG dependant.
    Mage: Arcane is just 3 button spam, Fire is more fun than Arcane but still mindless, don't know about Frost, i dropped that spec since lvl 68.
    Last edited by MacK; 2011-01-11 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Sometimes being "harder" doesnt have to mean more difficult, in this case I think it pertains to more pressure and higer risk of failure with mistakes.
    But personally, I LIKE being in charge of survival.

In raids (and heroics, of course), I feel a lot more comfortable as a healer, because I know as a DPS I'm at the healer's mercy, sometimes. If I go as a healer, it's a little less stressful because I'm pretty confident in my ability to heal and I don't have to worry about some random person doing a bad job. *I* get to compensate for other people (provided I'm geared/skilled enough). It's kind of a nice feeling.
    Last edited by Seegtease; 2011-01-11 at 09:50 PM.

healing is definitely more stressful then tanking and dps at this point. i've played every healing class. i'm currently disc and i'd have to say it's without a doubt the hardest one of the bunch. really sucks in heroics when people don't feel like using cc.

See, I didn't read 29 pages of this so I'm not sure if someone already said this or not.

Tanking and healing may be harder, but DPS have more pressure on them. I have a resto/enhance shammy, and I do believe that healing is harder than dps, I'm not sure how hard tanking is because I don't play my DK anymore.

As a healer, it's hard to heal because healing is actually kinda difficult now. If I mess up though, and I do sometimes, I don't get kicked because I'm harder to replace.

However when I decide to DPS, I have to be on the top of my game if I want to stay in the group. If I miss an interrupt on the boss, I get kicked. If the mechanics of the boss fight make it hard to do good dps, I get kicked. If there is a guild group and I try to correct one of them, I get kicked. That is why there is more pressure on DPS opposed to healers or tanks. Healer/tank messes up, tell them to learn and bear with them. DPS messes up, they get the boot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allìus View Post
    I've never tanked or healed but i used to have a dps offspec but it was so incredibly boring and mind numbing. as a DPS you dont have to grab adds mark them pull them to a certain spot and do your rotation all at the same time. as a dps you just stand their and wait for the mobs to come you you click the one with a giant skull and hit your rotation. theres more to keep track of as a tank than as a dps. end of story.
    Yeah you don't have to do that as tank either.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    healing is definitely more stressful then tanking and dps at this point. i've played every healing class. i'm currently disc and i'd have to say it's without a doubt the hardest one of the bunch. really sucks in heroics when people don't feel like using cc.
    That isn't because healing is harder. It's because discipline is not a PVE spec. It's like trying to PVE as arms and crying that everyone else is doing more dps than you.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Sometimes being "harder" doesnt have to mean more difficult, in this case I think it pertains to more pressure and higer risk of failure with mistakes.
    No. Harder exactly means more difficult. That's the definition.