Spriest PVP question

I currently have a mage 75, but also got a spriest just behind. Im deciding on my damage pvp class out of these 2. I know mages are OP, but i prefer the mechanics of the priest with dotting, SWD, and fast cast MB's. I like world pvp and bgs.

So my question, how good is the spriest at killing via dots (no dispel) and mb at lvl 85 assuming your opponent is geared with around 2500 res and health pool of 130k? How Does long does it take on average against given classes? Assume opponent skill is average.

At lower lvls like lvl 55, a spriest just owns me - one round of dots and im dead. But how is it at 85 against geared opponents?
    Last edited by mdodic; 2011-01-10 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT really depends on CD's and what classes you are facing, with a warrior sitting on you and not having horror up you are deffo going down if you can't fear>fade>pillar, ferals are a pain as well. I'ts really hard to imagine every scenario and every class, but we got a decent chance of killing most classes if we use CDs accordingly, 1v1 vs a mage we will lose if they are decent and are frost. Our dots don't tick for very much but left alone freecasting we can put out some damage.

BG wise we can usually hide in the background and put up dots or nuke healers with MSx3>MB, arena wise we are as trainable as ever.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

Epox hit it pretty dead on - but also worth noting is the great utility of just being a priest. back up heals will save games, divine hymn is an incredible "o shit" button. oh and life grip saves your friends from being gangbanged...and nobody wants to get gangbanged...
    The feeling returns whenever we close our eyes.