Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Why do holy priests get the epic shaft

Im curious if anyone noticed this. With faction reps and crafted epics there is 1 maybe 2 pieces of 359 purple gear with spirit on it everything else is caster i would be happy if i was disc but i'm 100% holy. My mage has more epics than my priest due to faction rep and crafted items my priest can only get them thru raids / valor points. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Not only priest have this problem...I couldn't care less about my shamy only getting 1 usefull faction epic.

I'm a little bothered by the fact that they gave us both a cloth crafted belt and a rep belt with spirit. Don't need both jerks . Could've at least made one of the tailored pants have spirit. My mage has all this dreamcloth and nothing to do, now!

I do think it's a little silly. As you mentioned, my mage needed -every- faction to exalted except hyjal, while hyjal is the only one my priest needed. That's of course not counting therazane which everybody needs (yet still doesn't have a spirit enchant.......). Seems a bit too unbalanced if you ask me.

It's not a huge deal or anything, but it does make you wonder what they were thinking when they did rep rewards. It's not even close to equal.

While I normally do not feed into QQ, I was curious as to the lack of craft-able/faction epics for healing priests. There are, indeed, only two, and both are belts.

I haven't checked the other armor types, but the lack of SPI craft-able/faction epics may have been done to slow early progression? Just a tin-foil hat theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same deal for balance druids, live with it I guess. ^^
    Thundercunts and stuff

Well least its not just holy that suffers from this.
    We should have to reforge one would think that they would at least even the gear out plus we don't need hit were the only cloth healer yet there is 2 pc we can get from rep and crafted with spirit well really 1 the belt if i were dps i could have 3 or 4 not have to forever raid or attempt the valor cap to get epic'd out. that's my whole gripe

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 04:13 PM ----------

I know its QQ but hey i'm bored at work and got to poking around here and the community is usually fun for great replies

I agree... We did kind of get screwed on faction gear, especially considering the one epic faction piece is a belt when there's one already available through tailoring. I'd like to think this is just an oversight on Blizzard's part as I cannot imagine this being intentional.

I've just done the best I can with it. There are some good BoE pieces available for Holy Priests if you can afford them. I picked up Je'Tze's Sparkling Tiara and Darkmoon Card: Tsunami. There's also some good epic spirit gloves available if you happen to find them and a chest as well.

jewelcrafting rings are another one we miss out on not epic but heroic lvl why bliz why lol QQ hehe

Simply put, not every piece needs to have spirit to be of value for a healer. The faction neck and gloves are both good items, and the tailored pants as well.

And in regards to tailoring, for once tailors appear to have a craftable that will retain solid gold-earning potential for the full expansion in the form of spellthreads which will retain marketable value after the pants and belts have lost their desirability when new content makes their ilvl obsolescent. As the cost of volatiles and cloth declines, spellthreads will retain value through the limitation of supply (restricted by cooldown for 5 of the 6 patterns for dreamcloth) against demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    And in regards to tailoring, for once tailors appear to have a craftable that will retain solid gold-earning potential for the full expansion in the form of spellthreads which will retain marketable value after the pants and belts have lost their desirability when new content makes their ilvl obsolescent. As the cost of volatiles and cloth declines, spellthreads will retain value through the limitation of supply (restricted by cooldown for 5 of the 6 patterns for dreamcloth) against demand.
    as opposed to the last 2 expansions where they had craftable spellthreads that were usable throughout the entire expansion?O.o

Simply put, not every piece needs to have spirit to be of value for a healer. The faction neck and gloves are both good items, and the tailored pants as well.

Dreamcloth cooldowns will surely be removed when new tiers are introduced, just as all previous cloth cooldowns were. Whether it is 4.1 or 4.2 or later where this happens is anyone's guess (I'd say 4.2 myself), but they likely won't retain value forever due to the cooldown restriction. Not to mention later on when cloth/volatiles come down in price, there will be many, many more 525 tailors. Spellthreads will go down just like primordial saronites and all the other raid orbs did. When everybody and their grandma is a 525 tailor (500+, actually, since all 5(6) don't come at 525) the "supply" becomes quite a bit larger than the demand and makes the cooldown pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    as opposed to the last 2 expansions where they had craftable spellthreads that were usable throughout the entire expansion?O.o
    Nice job of cherrypicking my post and ignoring the part about supply being restricted by CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Dreamcloth cooldowns will surely be removed when new tiers are introduced, just as all previous cloth cooldowns were.
    It's been a long time, but iirc CD's on mooncloth/ebonweave/spellweave in BC weren't removed until either the SWP or WotLK pre-patch was applied. If I'm correct in that recollection, there's equal precedent to the CD not being removed until the effective end of the expansion's intended content.

Holy Priest is the most OP healer atm. You can have full blues and still outheal a resto druid/disc priest in full epics(Note this is based on the HP having same skill as the RD/DP.)

No reason to QQ about epics.

Deleted
    Nearly all of the crafted/rep epics don't have hit on.

Just because it doesn't have spirit on it doesn't mean it's not for Holy Priests, the only reason RDruids, RShamans and HPallys seem to be luckier in their gear is because there are no non-spirit leather mail or plate casters.

Spirit is a nice stat, but is not needed on every single piece you get, I was actually extremely surprised at how many epics I had before I even stepped foot into a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by vadei View Post
    You can have full blues and still outheal a resto druid/disc priest in full epics(Note this is based on the HP having same skill as the RD/DP.)
    Disc Priests and Resto Shamans may be a litle underpowered atm (although RShamans have Mana Tide which is completely insane for group mana regen) but RDruids are fine.
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-01-11 at 02:25 AM.

It's been a long time, but iirc CD's on mooncloth/ebonweave/spellweave in BC weren't removed until either the SWP or WotLK pre-patch was applied. If I'm correct in that recollection, there's equal precedent to the CD not being removed until the effective end of the expansion's intended content.
    Yeah BC and vanilla CD's were removed later on, I quit before BC cooldowns were removed so yeah they were there for most tiers for sure (I quit in early BT patch, before SWP was ever mentioned). However I'd imagine they will follow the wrath model here given the new "old stuff should be readily accessible to new players" model. It could go either way, but given the badge system I'd be surprised if the cooldowns weren't removed with the post-firelands raid. I'd be happy if they aren't, though

Quote Originally Posted by xxsmythexx View Post
    Im curious if anyone noticed this. With faction reps and crafted epics there is 1 maybe 2 pieces of 359 purple gear with spirit on it everything else is caster i would be happy if i was disc but i'm 100% holy. My mage has more epics than my priest due to faction rep and crafted items my priest can only get them thru raids / valor points. Any thoughts?
    I've only found one epic exalted faction item worth buying on my hunter...the boots from hyjal. Nothing else is any good.

I think it may have been their intention so that people couldnt get 3 or 4 epics from rep alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I've only found one epic exalted faction item worth buying on my hunter...the boots from hyjal. Nothing else is any good.

I think it may have been their intention so that people couldnt get 3 or 4 epics from rep alone.
    My mage has gloves/neck/boots from rep. Also none of these overlap with crafted items so I have belt/legs from there. Seems a tad imbalanced with the one healer only item that overlaps with the crafted healer only item. TBH I have a bigger problem with the one spirit craftable moreso than the one spirit rep reward, since my mage only has one "dps only" rep reward, and the others double up. Also the one craftable overlaps with the one rep reward...just seems like it wasn't thought through very well is all. It's not a big deal, just a bit silly.

There's totally not already a thread on this...

I got the arch ring on my priest but im gonna give to my mage.

This has already been a well established fact TC though. My main gripe is that one of the tailor epic legs doesn't have spirit.