Low Dps at 85, pre heroic/raid gear

I play a mage as one of my two raiding toons (all 3 specs) and switch around when needed for buffs/roles/etc. I just dinged my mage to 85, got a few JP pieces and sit at ilevel 328 equipped, not enough for heroics yet. As i run LCoT, HoO, and GB to gear up for heroics, I notice my dps is low, so low that i did more at level 80 w/o being in ICC and it's 30% buff. This is most notable in my frost spec. I know it should be fine once i get all the gear and I am actually hitcapped. But is it suppose to be that low? Booooo scaling!!!!

What kind of numbers are you pulling on what bosses?
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

after CDs, and everything is balanced, i seem to be hovering around 8k in frost, that is my main priority. I do know the rotation and am playing it correctly. Could just be crit issue because frost is crit dependent to get your FoF proc

Well, do you know the proper frost rotation and gear / stats for frost?

could i plox see ur armoriez,

What i do is this .

Pet Freeze (for FoF x2), Frostfire Orb(on CD), Deep Freeze, Ice Lance,(keep ICe lancing if FoF is being proc'd), Icy Veins, Frostbolt spam for FoF and Ice lance when I hit them if Deep Freeze ON CD, Cold Snap, Repeat Opener, Frostbolt spam again

again its pre heroic and raid gear so i do not know if i should worry too much at the moment

I recall somewhere that your supposed to keep 1 stack of Ice lance on the off-chance that you get a brain freeze proc, but other than that it doesn't sound like much is wrong. Pre- heroic gear is crap, so that could explain the low DPS, /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    I recall somewhere that your supposed to keep 1 stack of Ice lance on the off-chance that you get a brain freeze proc, but other than that it doesn't sound like much is wrong. Pre- heroic gear is crap, so that could explain the low DPS, /shrug
    ah forgot about brain freeze. i do use it if it procs with a FoF proc so its instant + crit. But I just want to see others point of views

Quote Originally Posted by Burlacher View Post
    after CDs, and everything is balanced, i seem to be hovering around 8k in frost, that is my main priority. I do know the rotation and am playing it correctly. Could just be crit issue because frost is crit dependent to get your FoF proc
    For your gear level, that is pretty much what you should be expecting to pull.
    Don't let people BS you with numbers about pulling 14-15K dps in quest greens during straight up non-gimmick bosses, cuz it aint happening. It's the internet and people like to blow big numbers out of their ass and look like big guys putting out monster deeps.

the 14-15K dps will come, but don't expect it untill you are looking to be more in the 340 iLvl range. Right now at barely heroic ready iLvl, your numbers are fine. in fact, they are a helluva lot better than many scrubs I end up seeing in heroics.

Oh, and yeah, theres good advice going on in this thread, when I ripped people for blowing numbers out of their asses, obviously I'm not talking about folks in this one... yet.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

If you're doing 8k in normals with a 328 average ilvl, you're pretty much exactly where you should be. I certainly haven't seen many people doing much more than that, at any rate, regardless of class or spec.

Just don't roll on spirit gear, and you'll be golden.

thats not a bad DPS output, i was running only 7-10k dependant on the fight in that gearing, i found that frost was and so far has been the most gear forgiving spec for sure, when on a boss dont forget to use your brainfreeze