Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

My ideas on future playable races.

Here is what I have concluded for 2 and possibly 4 xpacs from now:

Alliance:
    next race - Broken. They are already part of the Alliance.
    alternative - Arokkoa. Hmmmm-mmm??
    next next race - Furblog. Too soon after furry Worgens. But obvious choice due to friendship with Night Elves.

Horde:
    next race - Ogres. They are already part of the Horde.
    alternative - Satyr. Bad ass, 'nuff said.
    next next race - Gnoll. Too soon after little Goblins. But Hogger. Hogger.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

My choices would be

Alliance:
    Next race - Centaur. They have the same worgen mount-up ability, and when taking FPs they get a chariot. Classes include DK, Shaman, Warrior, Warlock, Mage, Hunter, and Paladin.

Horde:
    Next race - Naga. They swim faster and breath underwater. Classes include DK, Shaman, Warrior, Warlock, Priest, Mage, and Hunter.
    Hunter 85 | Warlock 85 | Shaman 85 | Mage 85 | Druid 85 | Death Knight 85 | Paladin 77 | Warrior 70 | Rogue 60 | Priest 29

Horde:
    Forsaken Elves

Alliance:
    /care =)

Deleted
    Naga and centaur seem extremely unlikey because they are a) really nasty and b) it would be hard in the technical department as well, how do they wear trousers? Most centaur and naga are naked anways:s

Deleted
    I would rather se Arokkoa as a horde race.

pandarens?

Amazing sign by Sokogeka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virandile View Post
    Horde:
    Forsaken Elves

Alliance:
    /care =)
    doubt blizz would be so unoriginal tbh and why do people always forget about belf dks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken Elves (people mean the High Elves comprising the race, probably look like Wretched) and Broken can be done with simple extensions of available faces/customisation options to Forsaken and Draenei.

New races. Well, the ones I expect next are High Elves (Alliance) and Ogres (Horde), to complete the classical faction setup. From there on, possibly Naga (either, but seeing how they resent the Night Elves, I do not see them joining the Alliance) and Satyr (maybe a repentant group?) or Pandaren. If, against all odds, they create a new faction or two and re-shuffle the racial configuration, Naga and Satyr are all the more likely.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I would rather se Arokkoa as a horde race.
    Arrakoa only live in OL and only really exsisted for bc

as far as broken go... i think you're all forgetting the ret-con right before burning crusade so that the alliance didn't have to play what are now "broken" (used to be all draenei).

thx Sioni for the epic Sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Horde don't get Ogres and Alliance don't get Pandaren it doesn't really bother me what the new races could be.
    When you are up against a Facey situation, don't forget to use your Face.

I'm going witttthh..

Alliance - Naga: A group of naga that turn away from evil and hated, possibly? Also, they're already in modelviewer as player races because you can equip a lot of armour on them.

Horde - Ogres: Because ogres are just awesome. Plus, we need to see what female ogres look like eventually, riiiight?

The only reason I say these two was because I recall there being a blue post saying Metzen would love these two races to become playable. I have faith in the power of Blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance - Naga: A group of naga that turn away from evil and whatnot, like the DKs do?
    TBH, I'd prefer they just didn't add them if that were the rationale. I'm rather sick of all the "redeemed" races in this game, and it'd be nice for an evil bunch to remain evil for once, rather than just grovelling at either faction's feet. It's dull. It'd be nice, if instead, the faction were forced to grovel for them to join, putting up with their evildoing ways, much like the Horde currently has little option to quell the Forsaken.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I'm holding out hope that Night Elf Warlocks will be added, and at level 10 at the end of their starting quests, they change into Satyr because of the corruption of the fel energies they've channeled.

Deleted
    Ogres seem quite likely (but then again, no1 saw worgen coming) and for Alli would imagine NOT the following:
    high elves (belfs with blue eyes)
    panderan (no.. just.. no)
    Broken (They are a small minority of Draenei who are mutated and blizz admitted failing to immerse Draenei into wow and would avoide that again)
    murlocs (they dry up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres, murlocs, arrakoa, furbogs are badddd. Aside from them not looking particularly cool...does anyone want to see a sexed up female version of these races? You know Blizz will do it. Sex it up I mean.

I'd say open up customization options for the Tauren to include the Taunka; Forsaken to allow undead high/blood elves; draenei to allow the broken.

But if we must really have a new race...Id go with the Naga. On WoWpedia, apparently there's a sect of Naga who left the waters because they were kinda afraid of Azshara. That could work. And the males and females already have clear designs.

As for the alliance...meh, dont really care anyway. Maybe make up another alien race for them. Perhaps if we ever visit Argus or whatever, and find out where Turalyon is, it seems possible he'd at least cosy up with the locals and bring them into the Alliance, granted he's still alive and Blizz intends to leverage him fully.

Deleted
    alliance => Trogg's ;P the are the brothers of the dwarfs.

horde => vulkyre ( those white flying bitches) the are pretty much members of sylvannas

btw would be cool if all warlocks just left the factions and whent on there own way.
    Last edited by mmoc81d59bec06; 2011-01-11 at 12:18 PM.

For next Horde race I'd suggest...

Fel Elves
    - work like Worgen
    - 2 forms : Blood Elf and Demonic Fel Elf (red skin, horned etc... as seen in SP)
    - this time Horde get's "freeky 2form / cursed mechanic race"
    - alternative to so hated Blood Elves

For next Alliance race I could not care less :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen, Humans with a dog form?

I'm holding out hope that Night Elf Warlocks will be added, and at level 10 at the end of their starting quests, they change into Satyr because of the corruption of the fel energies they've channeled.
    There's lore support for it. Athrikus was a Highborne Warlock. I think eventually, they will add Night Elven Warlocks. There's more to Satyr than just channeling fel, though.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 12:15 PM ----------

Fel Elves
    They are what the Blood Elves should've become. I blame the two-faction model for ruining the race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    New races. Well, the ones I expect next are High Elves (Alliance) and Ogres (Horde), to complete the classical faction setup.
    I completely agree with that, indeed, many interesting things can be derived from these two "new" races ...