Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Balance is currently 9th on average (not median) for overall DPS minus Halfus on stateofdps.com.

I think the OP isnt concerned with the average DPS though, but is comparing boomkin's maximum potential DPS on any given fight to that of other classes. They DO fall far behind other classes in this regard. You only need to go to the actual WOL site and look at the overall rankings for each boss to see this. Different encounters favor different skill sets though and the upcoming patch should help to balance the classes further. I play feral and we currently rate 12th, so I dont think anyone will be telling you to reroll.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstone View Post
    Title pretty much says it all. Anyone else noticing that yet again boomkins are getting the shaft? i had a 6339GS at the end of LK and was doing about 15k+ dps. Now I get out dps'd by tanks and everyone else in heroics (equally geared peeps).

1.) cast time on wrath and starfire seem to be a joke now
    2.) Wild Mushroom = the biggest fail ever
    3.) AoE dps sucks and with Hurricane costing over 15k mana its not viable
    4.) I still cant use a mount when in Boomkin form
    5.) Mastery is the worst stat ever for us and yet almost all caster gear contains insane ammounts of it

These are just a few issues I feel I would like to see be addressed however it will never happen. Now lets hear the go roll feral flame posts.
    Well, If you get out dps'ed by tanks, and well...everyone else, you might need to QQ more about yourself, and less about your class.

I would suggest fixing your spec, reforging and regemming your gear, learning the proper rotation, and learning what not to do. I am a boomkin as well, and I'm top dps in every group im in. Im the leader of a raid, i consistantly pull 13,000 - 14,000 dps. If you need help with your class, feel free to send me a PM with more specific questions and I can set you on the right path. You'll be the top damage in your group in no time.

Snore
    Maybe you think you do, you should come check out my guildies. In 25m we got a 4 dk's pushing 45k+ dps. I dont see moonkins coming close to that.
    wow , really ? they do 45k dps on trash ? and sorry if i had to remind you we talking about moonkins, mana regeneration is kinda wierd at the moment.. OHH WAIT dks dont use mana or so i thought.... mmm wierd they have blue bars too mon !

back to moonkins, i think or thats my feeling that aoe in general is lower than dps done to a single target or boss, in any of my toons i realized that.
    makes me think if i should kill one by one instead of aoeing lol .

Seriously? Who cares about AoE trash. Look at the single target DPS. It's not bad at all and if it is you should change around how you DPS. Boomkins aren't looking bad imho at all.

I see the OP is still CRYING harder. Is it making it any better? We are not doing lock damage or hunter damage. Nobody is. We are absolutely keeping up with other DPS classes. Yes I look at WoL -- yes many in my guild are putting up world top 10 numbers for their spec every week and yes, I'm competitive with all of them except our SV hunter and our Aff lock. Start TRYING harder.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Not enough dps from boomkins? Really?

In 10 man we managed to run in my guild our Boomkin is always at the top of charts pulling whooping 17k+ on single target with avg. ilvl350. Would be more but he would overaggro.
    Our survival hunter is better only in terms of AoE.

It's a running joke in my guild - "NERF boomkins"

Read a guide before you QQ.

An give the shrooms some credit, they are basically like auto triggered hunter frost trap. They can create areas that slow down mobs by 50%, I think they have to be glyphed or talented for that. We used them to slow down last wave of little adds on Chogall. They are very situational but still useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    Yeah I heard feral was so terrible Paragon stacked 11 of them just to kill Nefarian hc.

:3
    Fix'd that for ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think someone peed in his cornflakes this morning.

I haven't seen any problem in heroics at all. When I play my boomkin OFFspec in my resto gear that is gemmed/enchanted/reforged particularly for resto, I'm pulling 10k overall and between 12-16k on bosses depending on the encounter and group make-up. And I run into way too many pugs of other classes who have no clue what they're doing, so I can't see how that sort of dps is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running heroics as boomchicken while wearing my resto gear and I can pull atleast 10k dps on boss fights,(sometimes more, depends on the group). nothing is wrong with boomkin dps right now. I wish I could go back to boomkin in a raid. If you don't like your dps then roll resto. Then you'll really have a reason to complain.
    Edit: before anyone tries to flame me for the low dps, like I said this is in my resto gear. And it's a hell of alot more dps than I've seen most pugs do in heroics.
    Last edited by EviLolita; 2011-01-11 at 02:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=ironstone;10052244]4.) I still cant use a mount when in Boomkin form
    [QUOTE]

This one bothers me. Used to pull you out of form to mount up. Now i need to click first to get out of shapeshift. This however is not the case in travel form. This is a PITA really. You cannot mount while in combat so why require we be out of shapeshift to mount. It should pull your out automatically like it did before cata! I have submitted endless tickets for this.

DPS wise i have no issues. I do agree DPS is lower that before but i'm in the top 10% everytime. If i don't screw up my rotation i can do 13kish and i'm only geared with 346 heroics and rep gear.

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i have no complaints at all. as i'm slowly getting a little better geared it's getting much much better. i'm only at a 346 ilvl and pull 10-13k DPS over all in heroics and 15k in 10man BH. i really like where we are at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ironstone View Post
    Title pretty much says it all. Anyone else noticing that yet again boomkins are getting the shaft? i had a 6339GS at the end of LK and was doing about 15k+ dps. Now I get out dps'd by tanks and everyone else in heroics (equally geared peeps).

1.) cast time on wrath and starfire seem to be a joke now
    2.) Wild Mushroom = the biggest fail ever
    3.) AoE dps sucks and with Hurricane costing over 15k mana its not viable
    4.) I still cant use a mount when in Boomkin form
    5.) Mastery is the worst stat ever for us and yet almost all caster gear contains insane ammounts of it

These are just a few issues I feel I would like to see be addressed however it will never happen. Now lets hear the go roll feral flame posts.
    Im not going to tell you to go roll a feral druid

Im going to tell you to DELETE your druid, or hand it over to somebody with half a brain.

I took my avg ilvl 351 resto set and respecced moonkin, oh lookit this im at hit cap. cool

solar/lunar rotation, HOLY CRAP 15k+ DPS

im oom, shit, oh look im oom in a solar proc HOLY CRAP 13K DPS!!! and im regenning mana, cool, i'll wait for innervate again.

Ive noticed that almost every single QQ thread on druids is made because that person just dosent understand how to fully use their class/spec anymore.

Dont tell me what your GS was during wrath, that entire expansion pandered to the whining "I want epics" crowd and you could have a fully purple toon within 3 hours of lvl 80 if you wanted to spend the gold and the time. Hell, all the "heroic" mode 5 mans were completed within hours of someone reaching 80(i personally did every single one the same night i HIT 80 while still wearing most of my t6) so you cant tell me that it WASNT a giant free-for-all of gear. There were 3 encounters during that entire expansion that were even challenging, Yogg 0 light, algalon(still faceroll after a while, but viable while it was current) and HM LK 25m. Even then it wasnt a factor of "do we have the gear" it was "We need 25 ppl to not be retarded"

^^ spec to grove and spam sunfire for 33mana and your laughing - 14K crits , + dot ticks. per gcd, add in IS and not only are you regening mana, in fact its a viable solar dps method for lots of mobs + movement fights, and you stay in solar indefinately - you can also cast 6 or 7 starsurges (instant) befor you drop out of it

I'm kinda new to moonkin spec and not yet used to it (been feral since TBC.) I'm pulling about 7-8k in heroics atm..you'll get it soon =)
    “what are you doing with my little sister?!” Arthas yelled as he revved the engine on his Harley motorcycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    At Calculated: I took a peek at your armory because I'm trying to improve my DPS and have a question for you; why did you reforge spirit into hit rating? You have 2/2 in Balance of power which "... increase your spell hit rating by an additional amount equal to 100% of your Spirit.", so it seems a waste to me to reforge from spirit which also increases your mana regen to just plain ol' hit rating unless you're doing melee as well.

OT: After looking over a few threads and sources, Boomkin DPS as a class is fine. It falls down to things the player can adjust (i.e. rotation, gear, glyphs, etc) as the reason why one's DPS is sub-par as a Boomkin.

So many people have no idea what they're talking about it's really amazing.
    A couple things:
    - Wild Mushrooms does superior damage on AoE targets, the problem is hitting the targets. The range is being buffed, and their damage is going up even further, killing two birds with one stone.
    - All AoE is retardedly expesnive. We're no different.
    - Spirit doesn't increase your mana regen while casting. We have no talent or specialization like meditation. And if you're not casting, you're doing something wrong.
    - Mastery doesn't scale well, but that's a known fact. Hopefully they'll address this soon.
    - If you're damage is low, it's your fault. Figure out what you're doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kilcin View Post
    At Calculated: I took a peek at your armory because I'm trying to improve my DPS and have a question for you; why did you reforge spirit into hit rating? You have 2/2 in Balance of power which "... increase your spell hit rating by an additional amount equal to 100% of your Spirit.", so it seems a waste to me to reforge from spirit which also increases your mana regen to just plain ol' hit rating unless you're doing melee as well.
    I answer this question alot -- I need to put a response in a word document on my desktop so I can copy/paste it

When reforging, the first thing I do is optimize for haste and get haste wherever I can. After that, I take remaining gear that I haven't reforged and optimize it to get over the hit cap but by the least amount possible. I may do some reforges to spi/hit to crit here or vice versa, whatever gets me over with as little wasted itemization as possible.

After all that is done, if I have any gear remaining that a) I haven't reforged and b) has Spirit on it, I reforge that Spirit to Hit. This is a 1 for 1 trade as both stats provide hit rating with Balance of Power. However, while we get absolutely zero value out of Spirit regen during a boss encounter, our Treants do get some value out of the Hit. So Hit is marginally better than Spirit for us. This is not groundbreaking or insanely significant. I parsed my logs and Treant misses when I had 0% Hit (all hit obtained from Spirit) were less than a 20 dps swing. But, on the gear where I reforge Spi -> Hit, there is no better alternative so it's just a min/max decision to make that reforge.

Long and short, it helps a small amount and, I no longer have a serious resto offspec where my gear needs to pull double-duty (for Resto, the Spirit would be significant regen). The only resto I do anymore is healing the heroic daily for some valor points on occasion -- honestly the hit helps on cc and I don't need the extra regen for heroics imho. Anyway, if you do any serious Resto offspec, I'd avoid these reforges. If you never do anything but Boom in raids and have some gold to spare, no reason not to do them.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2011-01-11 at 05:44 PM.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Deleted
    qq more compared to a lot of class's boomkins are fine

Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    I answer this question alot -- I need to put a response in a word document on my desktop so I can copy/paste it

When reforging, the first thing I do is optimize for haste and get haste wherever I can. After that, I take remaining gear that I haven't reforged and optimize it to get over the hit cap but by the least amount possible. I may do some reforges to spi/hit to crit here or vice versa, whatever gets me over with as little wasted itemization as possible.

After all that is done, if I have any gear remaining that a) I haven't reforged and b) has Spirit on it, I reforge that Spirit to Hit. This is a 1 for 1 trade as both stats provide hit rating with Balance of Power. However, while we get absolutely zero value out of Spirit regen during a boss encounter, our Treants do get some value out of the Hit. So Hit is marginally better than Spirit for us. This is not groundbreaking or insanely significant. I parsed my logs and Treant misses when I had 0% Hit (all hit obtained from Spirit) were less than a 20 dps swing. But, on the gear where I reforge Spi -> Hit, there is no better alternative so it's just a min/max decision to make that reforge.

Long and short, it helps a small amount and, I no longer have a serious resto offspec where my gear needs to pull double-duty (for Resto, the Spirit would be significant regen). The only resto I do anymore is healing the heroic daily for some valor points on occasion -- honestly the hit helps on cc and I don't need the extra regen for heroics imho. Anyway, if you do any serious Resto offspec, I'd avoid these reforges. If you never do anything but Boom in raids and have some gold to spare, no reason not to do them.
    I hadn't even thought about that. Nice find!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it.