How good is VOLCANO DECK for boomkins?

Some say its BiS, others I hear say its sh*t. Can someone who has tested it let me know please? Thanks!

i would put this thread in the druid forums, you might get a useful response

For the most part, people who say it's crap are saying so because they blindly believe everything they hear. Mastery isn't our best stat, but it isn't totally useless. Reforge to haste. The proc is 1600 int, which is amazing. You never know either, they may make our mastery better. For now, if you haven't got access to better, go for it. I'm not sure I would pay 25k+ though, I got mine for nothing.

lol if you can pick it, go for it. 1600 it is absolutely awesome. Mastery is on par with crit (ye i know only a bit worse, but not that much) and you can still reforge in haste. The main problem that on my server that deck in ah is at 50k+, crazy people are crazy
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Posted a response in your thread on the official WoW forums, but since you're asking here as well:

Best in Slot.

The mastery sucks, but it gives you flexibility via reforging to Spirit if necessary or Haste. The main thing about the trinket that gives it the edge is the 1600 int proc on a 45 second ICD -- it's powerful.

Deleted
    Mastery doesn't suck at all. It is not as strong as haste, true. It is not as strong as crit, although this is by a hair margain. It is substancially stronger than strength, agility or expertise.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently using the DC:V myself and I'm quite happy with it

As I posted in the moonkin guide thread, I was only able to get 2 samples this week because I was needed to go tank due to the absence of our mainspecc tanks

It gave me a 23,4% uptime on Theralion and Valiona, averaging out on 372 int

It gave me 24,5% uptime on Chimaeron, averaging out on 392 int

Quote Originally Posted by Silveria View Post
    Posted a response in your thread on the official WoW forums, but since you're asking here as well:
    Wraithcalcs says this trinket is worse than Witching Hour Glass (Heroic). I wouldnt use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jartin View Post
    Wraithcalcs says this trinket is worse than Witching Hour Glass (Heroic). I wouldnt use it.
    Your wrong then
    Wrath calcs overrates hour glass due to haste margins.

DMC is BIS, ie nothing else beats it.

I had around 25% uptime on a long dummy time 30 mins
    There is also calculated that hit a dummy for like 2 hours (impressive) go find the WOL he had rather nice uptime on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Mastery doesn't suck at all. It is not as strong as haste, true. It is not as strong as crit, although this is by a hair margain. It is substancially stronger than strength, agility or expertise.
    It doesn't suck, no. I worded it a little too harshly, but before today it was our worst secondary stat - I suppose I could have said it wasn't ideal. However, with Mastery being our second best secondary stat as of the recent PTR changes, Volcano's value will go up, and will obviously still remain best in slot.
    Last edited by Iselde; 2011-01-11 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silveria View Post
    It doesn't suck, no. I worded it a little too harshly, but before today it was our worst secondary stat - I suppose I could have said it wasn't ideal. However, with Mastery being our second best secondary stat as of the recent PTR changes, Volcano's value will go up, and will obviously still remain best in slot.
    Tbh with more haste and the odd PI I would have expected mas to soon take over as a better stat than crit
    Now it deffo will with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jartin View Post
    The primary author of Wrathcalcs (Hamlet) states it to be 2nd BiS -- the sheet just isn't set to model it correctly yet. That said, as much as I respect Hamlet, I wanted to do my own testing on this trinket. I did that -- short story, Volcano is in my estimation our 2nd BiS trink. Longer story below regarding me hitting the "I believe" button and validating EJ's analysis in practice:

==============================
    As to Hamlet's list, I see he has DMC:Volcano second. Volcano becomes much more difficult to evaluate (mainly because of the fire damage and the INT proc). I have to see how Hamlet is arriving at the Volcano card analysis. Knowing Hamlet, he's got a good sample of data and solid calculations behind his valuation on it so I'm tentatively willing to hit the "I believe" button on that but I'd like to take a look at the calcs. Pending that, I'd be willing to adjust my statement and put Volcano above Bell but that's about it.

. . .

Hitting the "I believe" button for me amounts to spending 15k to buy the cards, building the deck, turning it in before the fair closed at TB today, and then dumping about 120 million damage into the target dummies in Org. DMC:Volcano is definitely 45 second ICD, 50% proc rate when off GCD, 12 second duration. Amounts to about ~25% uptime when active making it a ~400 INT trinket and, with reforging, 193 mastery, 128 haste. At my spell power, Volcanic Destruction fire damage (which hits when the trinket procs -- so once every ~45 seconds) is doing around 2200 damage on average every 45 seconds for another ~50 dps. This will continue to scale upward which is a nice perk.

With Synapse and Volcano card both proc'd I got some crazy crits (30k Wrath crits, 44k Starfire crits, 66k Starsurge crits self-buffed) which makes for some good times as well A good proc timer like power auras and you can do a dot refresh at plus 1600 INT which is sexy as well. I guess make your own assessments but it's a much stronger trinket than I expected at first look. It's somewhat subjective again, but I'd put it slightly above Bell after review. That's an about-face and an admission of being wrong, but that's what forums are for: educate when you can and hopefully be educated in return as well.

WoL report from dummy-testing here until it dates and retires for those interested in seeing proc damage and uptime results:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=7635&e=9991
    =========================

That was my prior analysis. With upcoming Mastery changes, it gets even stronger. Solid, solid trinket.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2011-01-12 at 01:18 AM.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced