Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nefarian Encounter Glitch?

This is taken from another well known forum which i will not mention.

But it would explain why certain guilds had a lot of druids on the kill.

This information is floating around already, however, I've not seen it here.

During the Nefarian encounter, phase 1 and all of phase 3, five raid members(25 man) are randomly MC'd and must walk towards a portal. If you reach the portal, you die. You get two abilities, one that stacks a buff on you increasing the damage or healing of your next spell, the other breaks the MC.

Stolen Power

As you can see, it stacks to 150. Normally, this would only make one attack do a massive amount of damage, however, with the use of a feral druid's Rip, the damage of each tick is increased by the damage amount, not the attack as a whole.

This leads to 500k damage rip-ticks depending on how much of the buff you've stacked.
    Stack a few feral druids, and you're doing 4-million damage per druid who gets to use this small bug.

Unknown if there are any other DoTs it works with, but so far, none aside from Rip.

I do not claim credit for finding this, but merely think it deserves to be here for those who don't read elsewhere.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

dunno if it's legit, but gratz to paragon finding it and using it :P world first progression has forever been around these things^^ bad for blizzard for not fixing it (or maybe it's intended).

not defending paragon at all anyway, it's just use of the mechanics. it was clear there was something around the druid stacking thing.

also, need links and proof. being mysterious doesn't support the things you're writing here.

Yes, paragon explained why they used 11 druids. There was no conspiracy for whatever that elixir was or anything to do with the adds or tranquility. The buff work with other abilities but it doesnt. Blizzard will probably look at the log and fix either 1- why other abilities dont work or 2- how rip works with the debuff, probably the second.

Deleted
    And another world first achieved by bug using. I laugh at everyone who takes the race for world firsts serious.

Edit: And this time the "We didn't know what was causing it" card cannot be played.
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2011-01-11 at 03:04 PM.

yeah.. but if you remember ensidia getting banned from the grenade abuse...... just saying...

And no i'm no fanboy. but everyone should be treated farily

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is one of those "clever use of mechanics"... If they get banned then people will throw a fit and complain that Method didn't get banned (or did they? I don't know). Some people will say "GOOD! They deserve to get banned!" My take on it, is that it's Blizzard's fault for leaving it in game or not catching it soon enough. At the same time, if they realized it was a glitch or wasn't something that should normally happen, they should've had the integrity to not use it.

Oh well.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-01-11 at 03:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug. Go look and see how other classes hit for 10million with a single spell from this stacking buff. It's part of the encounter.

It's not a glitch. The encounter clearly is designed and expects you to stack that buff as high as possible before releasing the MC. The game has always operated with % damage increases applying to the duration of dots, which is, for example, why hunters with 2pT10 would hard refresh SrS to keep the % damage increase rolling for the duration of a fight.
    Other DoTs work fine. Soul Drain apparently is capable of doing 10 million damage over the course of its duration. Rip is just the most efficient dot to use.

Not using the damage buff to finish the fight would be like killing Lich King during WotLK and ignoring, say, the val'kyrs because hey man, screw val'kyrs.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-01-11 at 03:12 PM.

It's not a glitch, it's a boss mechanic. Much like Burning Adrenaline or Engulfing Magic or Exposed Head of Magmaw.

Nefarian is not bugged in any way, at least not to my knowledge. The "CC adds" strategy does not work with any class, and all 11 bears were druids.

Deleted
    Offtopic, loving the Stolen Power's tooltip reference to Pulp Fiction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    My take on it, is that it's Blizzard's fault for leaving it in game or not catching it soon enough.
    Was that your take on Ensidia's situation, too. Just curious, I'm neither a fan of Ensidia or Paragon (or any other top guild), especially seeing as exploiting seems to be the top guild way to getting on top.

pff of course this is a glitch...
    anyway, I don't see how it is that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Was that your take on Ensidia's situation, too. Just curious, I'm neither a fan of Ensidia or Paragon (or any other top guild), especially seeing as exploiting seems to be the top guild way to getting on top.
    It's not an exploit. Nefarion has over 200 million health. The damage buff is present so you can actually kill him in a reasonable fashion.

You cant really compare something from a profession to a class ability.

Yeah I wouldn't really consider it an exploit as it's an intended mechanic of the fight, Blizzard just screwed up by making feral druids such an attractive option for the mechanic that there's a good reason to stack them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    That's my take on all of those.

The difference between this and what ensidia did is this is the logical conclusion to a massive single damage ability buff: get the highest damage ability possible and spam it. Nothing weird there, I assume it would work similarly to any other dot, no reason it shouldn't. Rip > anything else is all.

Ensidia though had grenades that changed the actual fight. big difference.

Just to help you here:

http://www.paragon.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1498

Read the post of a Paragon member.

The damage buff works for every single ability. Dots are counted as one ability - so it's only natural, that it does this much damage on every tick. It's the same for every single ability. The simple logical conclusion of that is: Take the ability that does the most damage per application. Feral bleeds are known to do insane amount of damage.

- Since it works for the next ability
    - since it works for every other dot aswell
    - since a dot is one ability regardless of ticks
    --> It's not a glitch

I wonder how the tank can hold aggro ^^

Deleted
    Well Paragon was complaining about the melee unfriendly fights earlier, guess Blizz wanted to give the ferals some love.

Hypothetically: IF this is a case of "amg check the dps on the feral, let's all bring one since all the other dots do a lot less damage", then there is an imbalance and then it reeks of an exploit imo. Cause IF that is the case, it does kinda look like the grenades Ensidia used. Cause then all they did was say "I don't know what you just did, but keep on doing it." And this could in fact be worse cause now they could be actively making use of something you just know shouldn't be that imbalanced.

I am sure Blizz will check the chat/combatlogs and such, as they say they always do on world firsts. If it's not kosher, we'll know soon enough. Until then I am going to be really impressed with this kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Altam View Post
    Hypothetically: IF this is a case of "amg check the dps on the feral, let's all bring one since all the other dots do a lot less damage", then there is an imbalance and then it reeks of an exploit imo.
    Basically you are saying, that they exploit the imbalance... I consider this to be pretty legal ^^