Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation WoW Launcher Error

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't really find anywhere else and the official forums are down atm, so here goes.

Tried to log in this morning (since there hasn't been maintenance the past couple weeks), but when I went to open the launcher I get this message:

"Launcher cannot obtain patching information.
    Please check your internet configuration."

Since I logged off last night nothing has changed with my settings as far as I know. Has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so do you know of a solution? Any help would be awesome.

Its maintenance time from 3am to at least 11am (US Pacific)

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this, that's got nothing to do with it though. I can always open the launcher, hit "PLAY" and get to the logging screen. This won't even let me open the launcher, but instead gives me that error.

I am having the same issue. Same story as you, and i have no solution, looking forward to a helpful post.

The odds are high with 4.0.6 on the PTR blizzard may be adding backround download data to the server the patcher connects to?

10+ Year Old Account
    imo just something to do with w/e they are working on today.... wouldn't get too worried about it until realms go up and its still happening.
    Your Add Here!

Same issue for me. It may be due to maintenance, as in it can't connect to Blizzard's servers, which is absolutely required.

update servers are down as well please read the other numerous threads about this issue already
    For The Horde! Loktar Friends Proudly Horde since Day 1!

Got the same error. The servers are down and you have nothing to worry about

10+ Year Old Account
    Its no problem by the time 11:00am rolls around everything will be cool its just the launcher looks to apply non critical updates and with all patch and all loggin servers down it can't find the server.. so it gives you that message don't worry all will be well

I've had this issue with past maintenance days.

It'll pass.

why would you post on a forum rather than look at the realm status page? I mean sure you can see if other people have the same problem but its sooooo much faster to just open

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

voila!

These same posts pop up every Tuesday when there's maintenance. It doesn't matter if you've "been able to run the launcher before."

It's maintenance. It's down. It's not a difficult concept. These threads need to be locked.

I think he posted on the forums because this message has never come up before. Usually on maintenance days the launcher still opens up fine, but today it gives an error message instead. I was concerned as well about it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isnt that the servers are down. The concern I have is that every other maintenance ive been able to pull up the game to at least the login/status screen. Now i cant get past the launcher, and that is a tad disconcerting. But as I posted in another one of these many threads. Ill wait till servers start coming back up before i really start to panic, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tengobotas View Post
    why would you post on a forum rather than look at the realm status page? I mean sure you can see if other people have the same problem but its sooooo much faster to just open

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

voila!
    Because you can normally go to the login screen when servers are down on maintenance day, that page doesn't show anything about the update servers.

This happening on a Tuesday morning....must be a coincidence or it is due to maintenance. Seriously I would just reinstall.

Uh, go to your WoW folder, run WoW.exe. The game loads, the game says maint until 11am PST.

We've only had rolling restarts for like three weeks and no maint so, understable some people are like AGHH WHAT IS THIS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Its maintenance time from 3am to at least 11am..

i realize people are "it will pass" but is the launcher going to just start working again? or am i gona have to try and fix something myself?

also, its past 11 now and im still having this issue.