Lightwell nerf on PTR

Lightwell now restores [ 11820 + 6% of Spell Power ] health over 6 sec, down from [ 12848 + 15% of Spell Power ]

Seriously? I know its minor but seriously? As if this ability isn't already underused or abused.

Anyways.... Seriously?

It was being over-used by more serious guilds and was too strong. QQ. Still worth glyphing.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    It was being over-used by more serious guilds and was too strong. QQ. Still worth glyphing.

For some reason I was expecting the reason to be Arena lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was with arena, you could lay a well behind a pillar and Life grip your partner and both be back to full within seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampue View Post
    For some reason I was expecting the reason to be Arena lol
    Isn't it always though?

I'm kind of planning to give Disc another shot so this change is kind of ineffectual for me, but still.
    I have issues getting people to click the stupid thing I was kind of hoping it would stay a little powerful.
    More importantly though, the nerf to Prayer of healing. ._.

Solution? Destroy well. It has HP and can be targeted by enemy players.

I highly doubt this was a PvP based nerf. I'd venture its a preemptive strike on unreasonable scaling in PvE [for T12, T13, etc].

I think this is the first time in 4 years I seen LW get a nerf lmao

Danner posted the reason for this "nerf," which is actually a fix:

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The lightwell change is actually a bugfix. It currently is multiplied by 1.25 due to Spiritual Healing (holy passive). This passive was nerfed to 15% a long time ago, but they forgot to change lightwell. Just check out the wowhead listings. Now it's where blizzard wanted it.

pretty disapointing that it`s taken 4 years to train people to actually click the bloody lightwell for a pretty sweet heal and now they're already nerfing it... I guess it was a nice incentive while it lasted... /sigh

Link: http://ptr.wowhead.com/blog=179758/p...itions-1-11-11
    Okay the changes on Wowhead are much more clear than the patch notes so far:

Priest
    Forum | Talent Calculator | Talent Calculator
    Spell Changes

Renew: 21%17% of base mana
    Prayer of Healing: A powerful prayer heals the friendly target's party members within 30 yards for 36333087 to 38373261.
    Mind Sear: Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the enemy target, causing 91146 to 97158 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards around the target.

Talent and Specialization Changes

Lightwell: Creates a Holy Lightwell. Friendly players can click the Lightwell to restore (((2878 + ($SP * .308)) * 3) * 1.251.15) health over 6 sec. Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. Lightwell lasts for 3 min or 10 charges.
    Chakra: When activated, your next Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Mind Spike or Smite will put you into a Chakra state for 1 min.
    Serenity (Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal)
    Chastise (SmiteSmite, Mind Spike)
    Blessed Resilience: Whenever you are victim of an attack equal to damage greater than 10% of your total health,health or critically hit by any attack, you gain Blessed Resilience increasing all healing received by 15% lasting for 10 sec.
    Blessed Resilience: Whenever you are victim of an attack equal to damage greater than 10% of your total health,health or critically hit by any attack, you gain Blessed Resilience increasing all healing received by 30% lasting for 10 sec.
    Circle of Healing: Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for 17762309 to 19622551. Prioritizes healing the most injured party members.
    Focused Will: Whenever you are victim of an attack equal to damage greater than 10% of your total health,health or critically hit by any attack, you gain Focused Will reducing all damage taken by 5% lasting for 8 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.
    Focused Will: Whenever you are victim of an attack equal to damage greater than 10% of your total health,health or critically hit by any attack, you gain Focused Will reducing all damage taken by 10% lasting for 8 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.
    Shadow Orb Power: Increases the damage done by your Shadow Orbs by 20%.21.6%. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 1.3%.1.5%.
    Strength of Soul: In addition, when you cast Power Word: Shield on yourself you are immune to Silence, Interrupt and Dispel effects for 2 sec.
    Strength of Soul: In addition, when you cast Power Word: Shield on yourself you are immune to Silence, Interrupt and Dispel effects for 4 sec.
    Last edited by Aliahna; 2011-01-11 at 08:08 PM.

Lightwell did not get nerfted...

Blue Post: Lightwell hasn't been changed at all. The tooltip was incorrect and stated it healed for more than it actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephriel View Post
    Lightwell did not get nerfted...

Blue Post: Lightwell hasn't been changed at all. The tooltip was incorrect and stated it healed for more than it actually did.
    People need to stop overreacting and think the sky is falling anytime they see numbers drop. A lot of the "nerfs" you see were adjustments made at some point in hotfixes that they needed to patch in. Or stuff that was incorrectly listed at the very start. Also, stop taking datamined information as being 100% factual. Even Boub states that it may or may not be fully accurate and to take it with a grain of salt.

Here's a link to the blue post that I quoted from for those who can't be bothered to look it up: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...96808?page=1#8

Quote Originally Posted by Shampue View Post
    Lightwell now restores [ 11820 + 6% of Spell Power ] health over 6 sec, down from [ 12848 + 15% of Spell Power ]

Seriously? I know its minor but seriously? As if this ability isn't already underused or abused.

Anyways.... Seriously?
    If you actually get your raid to click on the lightwell frequently it's actually pretty damn amazing.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...lightwell-nerf

Zarhym says it wasn't nerfed, its tooltip was just displaying the wrong numbers.

Was actually expecting a nerf to it Oo. It ticks for 5 times, 7k each and you can use it while being stunned (halfus hardmode roar etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Even Boub states that it may or may not be fully accurate and to take it with a grain of salt.
    But she does work so hard!
    Not a nerf, not a point to the thread. Closed -- Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~