Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ally Priest, but what race to choose?

Hi there, mmo-champions!
    I've decided to re-customize my horde priest, to an alliance priest.
    Now I'm having a hard time to decide what race to choose, so I just thought that the mmo-champion community could choose for me!
    What race and gender should I pick? I know the different races have different advantages towards another, but that's not interesting for me.

Please refrain from trolling, raging, calling me or other contributors different names

Depends. Do you mainly PvE or PvP? Do you play Shadow or Discipline or Holy while PvPing?

Deleted
    It will probably be PvE as healing, but that's a subject to change. I'm just interested in opinions regarding the looks and animation

I personally switched to Human this expac because EfH has always had clutch uses in PvE and 3% SPI isn't anything to sneeze at.

Your other "minmax" choice is gnome, but I am always worried about LoS issues with shorter races.

But honestly? Pick the race/gender that you want to stare at the most. I started to loathe my NE male priest after 5+ years. Partially because of horrid racial synergy, but mainly b/c they look aweful in robes, have terrible casting animations, and hold off-hand items in a way that clips into their legs.

Just looks and animations? Uhm. Worgen (both), Draenei (male) and Night Elf (male) are all very bad. Human and Gnome both look pretty good for both genders. Dwarf looks pretty good as well. I'd say Gnome (male) or Dwarf (female), but if you dislike being short I'd say Human (either). If you think you'll be Shadow I'd suggest Human (either), or Gnome (either). Dwarf in general doesn't look so hot as Shadow. For healing they look great though.

I like fem. human casting animations a lot. Fem. draenei are okay, but I personally don't like the way they cast targeted spells (such as penance). I'd just make some level one alts. If I'm remembering correctly you start out with smite and some sort of heal so you can see both ways spells are cast. If not at level one I'm positive you have both styles by level 3, which you can reach quickly.

If you're looking at racials as well, humans spirit buff is really quite nice and efh can have its pve uses as well. If you dont plan to go shadow draenei's hit buff isn't all that useful, but gotn can be pretty useful as a quick hot. Gnomes int racial is pretty nice also, but I think they have weird cast animations.
    Last edited by Vraizan; 2011-01-11 at 07:31 PM.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Ooooh, I forgot about the awesome dwarf female twirly ponytails! Guaranteed to increase healing performance by at least 10%.

I actually did the math and it's actually 10% per pony tail and is multiplicative. With dual pony tails it's a staggering 21% increase in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    I actually did the math and it's actually 10% per pony tail and is multiplicative. With dual pony tails it's a staggering 21% increase in performance.
    Best hair-related comment ever. Also, Dwarf racial isn't so bad for pve after the next patch. It never hurts to be able to soak a little more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    QQ. Nerf dwarf female pontails, bliz. kthanxbai.

I would go with human because cosmetically i think the gear looks the best on them outta the other races for priest.

can the class be worgen?
    if not, pick a new class!

Deleted
    Hehe thx for all the comments and suggestions!
    I decided to go for a Human.

And the ponytail thing, had that on my paladin, none could withstand the healing I creamed out just underneath those sweet blonde tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    none could withstand the healing I creamed out just underneath those sweet blonde tails!
    what an unfortunate choice of words
    the imagery is burned into my mind forever

I like my Human Priest that I've had since Vanilla. However the Draenai changes for next patch allow them to get that free heal for 20% of their life every 2m. Nothing spectacular, but a free 20k heal now and then could help out. I still like the 3% Spirit, Every Man for Himself, and other bonus' of Humans though. Not to mention I'm just attached to that character, as she's been my main the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Hehe thx for all the comments and suggestions!
    I decided to go for a Human.

And the ponytail thing, had that on my paladin, none could withstand the healing I creamed out just underneath those sweet blonde tails!
    LOL. That's only going to go one way. And that's the gutter.

Deleted
    My priest started out as a Night Elf, then about six months later I decided I'd prefer Human - largely down to cosmetic value more than anything at the time, but I've massively come to love Every Man for Himself.

That said however, when the Shattering came out I couldn't help but try out Gnome.. Which went well, until a certain Christmas present arrived - A figure print of my priest, in her Human form. Big oops on my behalf, it would appear my other half ordered said figure print for me a week before I told him I was going to change to Gnome.

I lived with this for a short while, but after a month or so of life as an ankle biter, I've returned to my Human form and long may it stay that way

Human. easier rep and free pvp trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Female human priest, with out a doubt.