Fire orb a waste?

I don't know but to me the fire orb is just a waste. Half the time it goes off on it's on, the other half it barely does any damage. At least now it doesn't go after critters.

Do you guys think it's worth it?

You dident think of the fact that when it crits, it helps keep your ignite rolling? And seeing as it attacks like every ½ sec, it is almost bound to crit within every 4 sec.

I often use it if i need to spread dmg on 2 target, i fully dot 1 target up, then send my orb in to keep ignites rolling, and switch target.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    You dident think of the fact that when it crits, it helps keep your ignite rolling? And seeing as it attacks like every ½ sec, it is almost bound to crit within every 4 sec.

I often use it if i need to spread dmg on 2 target, i fully dot 1 target up, then send my orb in to keep ignites rolling, and switch target.
    You don't understand how ignite works.

The orb "typically" does 30-40k dmg over it's life span given that you aim it correctly and it doesn't bug out, if you can spend 1 gcd and get that kind of dmg, why would you complain?

One GCD is all you're spending so even if it doesn't work you haven't lost much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontus View Post
    You don't understand how ignite works.

The orb "typically" does 30-40k dmg over it's life span given that you aim it correctly and it doesn't bug out, if you can spend 1 gcd and get that kind of dmg, why would you complain?
    Maybe he's talking about using it to get/keep Pyromaniac up? Even little ignite ticks are sufficient for that...

10+ Year Old Account
    I always use it whenever it's off cooldown in both frost and fire.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Flame Orb is the most powerful spell a firemage has,...the dmg it does for it's duration is awesome. It's always worth using it - hell, it even does this awesome dmg WHILE you can still cast other spells!

Flame Orb is awesome

Flame Orb is a DPS increase when used in your rotation. Period. You have to get used to boss quirks like dragon boss in Stonecore (name escapes me atm), but hey, raids, and to a lesser extent heroics, are all about adjusting to obstacles and reacting, even if those obstacles are unintended bugs O.o

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    its also very good to proc impact fire blast! wich have 8% more crit chance! more chance to proc hot streaks!
    Chillyo
    Mage
    US - Kargath

You'll encounter certain fights and scenarios where it will bug out, or you'll launch it one way and the boss will just waltz off in another, leaving you rather miffed; but it's all part of the game. You _should_ learn what positions are good for it to be launched from, what terrain to try and avoid, etc etc.

As others have said, the damage it can do for one GCD is a large amount, so even if you only get half of it off, it's still a DPS increase.

it breaks people out of stealth

The fire orb has the highest DPET for a fire mage and there's no reason to not use it, unless you know it'll bug out on a certain encounter.

I noticed it acting silly on Slabhide, but you can usually counter terrain bugs by standing closer to the boss to ensure it doesn't need to move and thus not bug out.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyo View Post
    its also very good to proc impact fire blast! wich have 8% more crit chance! more chance to proc hot streaks!
    Running OOM and wasting 2 talent points isnt worth using Impact on CD imo. Whatever DPS gain you could achieve doing that is loss spamming scorch for running out of mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.