Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But can you play John Constantine?

(And does this answer the question about whether everyone wants to be a superhero?)

I didnt like the pvp at all, another fail game.

I think the character creation is quite flexible. Maybe people have different expectations out of a superhero game, but I don't think it's a failing that DCUO's character creation isn't as broad as Champions Online's is.
    It doesn't overstay its welcome. There are quite a few options to pick from in many categories. There's a whole color spectrum to work with as well.
    I spent at least an hour designing my character and I thought it was great.

Deleted
    I was thinking about trying it out, but searching for the sub fee, i read that there is both a monthly fee ($15 in the US), AND microtransactions for certain things. Cant have it both ways imho and thats already killed my inteerest so im giving it a miss and activating my Eve account again. Plus SoE have never provided the level of support for their product that blizz do (as much as every complains about it they beat pretty much every other mmo developer to the ground in that respect).

The character creation looks great in my opinion though, main thing that interested me.
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2011-01-12 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    I was thinking about trying it out, but searching for the sub fee, i read that there is both a monthly fee ($15 in the US), AND microtransactions for certain things. Cant have it both ways imho and thats already killed my inteerest so im giving it a miss and activating my Eve account again. Plus SoE have never provided the level of support for their product that blizz do (as much as every complains about it they beat pretty much every other mmo developer to the ground in that respect).

The character creation looks great in my opinion though, main thing that interested me.
    I really don't get this why depend on the word of a few "rumors" that decide your fate on playing a game. First there is only a 14, dollar fee the same exact price as wow and yes they're is an added fee but ONLY if you would like more then one sub to their games they also run quite a bit of other games. If not, you can click "no thanks just regular fee" and the same is 49 dollars digital or in store, with 30 days of free game time, mmkay

There is not auto attack, who wants to mash the attack button for 3 hours straight?

4/10

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    There is not auto attack, who wants to mash the attack button for 3 hours straight?

4/10
    Yeah I wish on all of my games I could press a button to make it play itself while I go and have a sandwich...

10+ Year Old Account
    8/10 It has been very fun so far. The combat is awesome, and all the abilities work very well together (have only tried imolation so far, but i asume its the same for other powers) and the weapon combo's are great as well. targeting isn't as much of an issue as a thought when i saw video's. I do realy dislike the menu, chat and player interaction controls. its clearly decined for a console, so on the PC it feels like you have to go through extra trouble to make it do what you want to.
    The city is awesome so far, only been to gotham, but its great there, feels like a real city full of crime etc. For me the Quests haven't been that fun so far, its mostly kill some of this, collect some of this, and click on a couple of this. the single player instances are a lot of fun tho.

It's not like i'm dropping wow for this, but i will be playing it when i have time left.

Deleted
    I for one hate everything hero related, the game itself looks cool, but the sole concept of super heros is distasteful for me.

Deleted
    So far the game seems pretty good, leveling doesn't take a massive amount of time and the dungeon ("alert") are slightly more interesting with their requirements and layout, addition of solo instances is quite good as well.

Controls aren't as clunky as many games that get released, they are infact quite nice to use, target choosing could use some work though. Despite not being clunky, its obvious the game was focused on console control (i dont see why mmos would be more console focused and not the other way around :/)

Abilities work together quite nicely in synergy. Like how they've added controller as a proper role and presumably will be required almost as much as tank/healer.

My main concerns are how well the game will last once people hit max level, finish their hard mode alerts and finish the 2 raids. I think the game will hang on whether or not they manage to get more content out there pretty fast. For the moment 2 raids and 3 endgame sets of gear should keep people occupied.

Also dislike the fact that half the game is playing fire powers (i rerolled ice due to hating being the majority)

If anyone happens to have an extra buddy code, I'd love to give DCUO a go. Getting bored with WoW again so I'm tryin to decide which other game to go to and DCUO looks like it has some potential.

Decided to try it out since WoW is so boring atm. :<
    Hi

You could design ur own super heroes with THOUSANDS of items, yes thousands, no not hundreds but thousands.
    Funny. From what I saw you've, got no more than a couple dozen selections for each category. Hardly a selection that numbers in the thousands.

4/10
    The people who don't use their abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post

You realize eve has a subscription fee + the ability to buy isk(thats the ingame currency for those that dont know) for cash, right?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I really like this game alot, the combat system is stunning! Definetly gonna have this as my nr.2 game.

I am sorry, english is not my mother language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought DCUO yesterday and I have to say I enjoy it quite a bit. Its basically a hack 'n' slash MMO since your combat attacks mainly come from your mouse buttons. I love it

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Deleted
    when you buy this game do you get a free trial guest pass thing with it?

edit --- on their website i go on buy now, chose UK and the two shops that sell it, do not sell the PC version, it is not available on pc in uk or something?

Edit2 --- just read on the website its released in UK on 14th
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2011-01-12 at 10:07 PM.

don't have any free trials.

I downloaded the game last Saturday night and I am loving it thus far. I'm considering subbing for a month. What is the best web site to go to for builds and other information concerning this game?

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I downloaded the game last Saturday night and I am loving it thus far. I'm considering subbing for a month. What is the best web site to go to for builds and other information concerning this game?
    necroing much?