Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Looking For Group Comic

Most of you should know about this comic called 'Looking For Group' by Sohmer and Lar.

I fell in love with comic along time ago 'forget when actually' and I have been an avide reader with every new comic page release.

Information:

Lar deSouza who is a Graphical Canadian Artist has been illustrating 'Looking for Group', he also creates another comic known as 'Least I Could Do'.

Lar can be found on his Youtube Channel: lardesouza Where he occasional blogs about his work and important events.

I personally love Looking for Group comic and as for Least I could Do, I am undecided.

I would not be surprised if this has come up before but I believe regardless of that it should be shown once and awhile for new readers. People either love it or hate it. Everyone should atleast try it.

It starts off slow but what doesn't, the characters take awhile to develop and when they do it just sucks you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Who would dare oppose me? Now that I'm armed with my anger...And my fork.

The Movie:

There is a movie in the works for the last couple of years but it keeps getting delayed for other projects and 'it wants to be done right' are the responses most of us get when we ask. I also would not be surprised if it was not released til 2012, I can't wait but that's life.

Here is a small mini movie of 'Looking For Group', Richard at his best.

Looking For Group: Slaughter Your World

Most of you should have already seen/heard of this. Over 6 million views alone on this Youtube Video, with many copies floating around the interwebs.

Conclusion:

So I hope you take the time sit down and watch and/or read Looking For Group and Least I could Do. I hope they inspire you and keep you hooked like I have been for the last couple of years.

If you don't read it or have stopped... You better RUN! because Richard is on the hunt and will stab you with his fork. Enough said.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I'm no physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest. Who keeps throwing those? *Knife-thrower points at dwarf* All right then.

Attention: This is NOT my work nor am I involved with Sohmer, Lar, Looking for Group or Least I could Do. I am just daily reader and supporter and I wish to spread the word of these great comics.

~Spazzer
    Last edited by Spazzer; 2011-01-12 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes spread the word, I love that comic, havent checked up on it in a while but still, its one of my favorites
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    yes spread the word, I love that comic, havent checked up on it in a while but still, its one of my favorites
    I'd catch up on it. Its gotten really good.

~Spazzer

It's awesome and I've been following it pretty much since the beginning LICD is also great but tbh I found the earlier ones funnier but the later ones are good in another way. I don't think I have loled irl for a while but I still follow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got really confused with the story, but apart from that I adore Richard

Deleted
    But bar the races it has nothing really to do with wow

on topic FOR PONY!!!!!!!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Moving to offtopic since this has little to nothing to do with WoW.
    Sorry about that.

~Spazzer

I used to read the comic. But my god the Author seemed to had a story originally, finished it and just started to pull crap out in order to keep it going. The Story gave me a headache so I don't read it anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find both those web-comics, and indeed, most web-comics to be complete rubbish. The writers have no editors and feedback other than sycophants and their own over-sized egos (particularly Sohmer). The stories are weak and unoriginal with little coherence. With LICD the jokes are not jokes, but sad Mary Sue and self-insertion wish fulfillment. Honestly, the main character of LICD is appaling. He may as well be a forum troll and the rest of the characters can be clueless parents using the internet. But then that would be too witty.

As for LFG. My god. Started out alright, then went downhill faster than a ball of shit gathering shit. Any joke that is thrown in either makes no sense, has no place, is an old meme or gets butchered after the punchline.

Richard is boring. Yawn, he likes to slaughter things and is a warlock - but he's still good! If he was interesting, he'd be a villian, rather than Cale's "evil" pet.

In conclusion: Sohmer badly needs an editor.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like said either people like it or they hate it; decide for yourselves.

~Spazzer

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I just realized that I haven't checked LFG-comic in over a year! Time to brew me up some coffeh, and start over again <3

Thanks for the reminder, Spazzer! =D
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I never understood the Richard fad. The only jokes he uses are "evil genocide" cracks and stupid cultural references. His character itself is mostly annoying. Its bad enough he's an invincible asshole with plot armor, but his Overpowered skills combined with the fact he never holds back on them sucks the flavor of action, and the tension of danger out of the page.
    The story itself I've gotten a liking to, and I still stick around since I'd like to see how it all concludes. There's several inconsistencies and plot holes like the incredibly spontaneous relationship between Gid and Cale, but I don't think the comic is all that bad. It can be fun, and it's simplistic to where I can get to reading it when I just want some basic storytelling once in a while.

I may be a bit harsh, but it doesn't need to be a great comic for people to really like it. Doesn't change the fact its mediocre, though.

That is one terribly designed website ...sheesh made my eyes bleed .

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Wow. I just realized that I haven't checked LFG-comic in over a year! Time to brew me up some coffeh, and start over again <3

No problem. 8D

~Spazzer

I got into Webcomic reading about two years back, and there are four I can't do without, LFG being one of them.

It's a bit hard to follow all the story arcs that they have going now, but I love them, it's amazingly drawn and well written. (Lets face it guys, not everyone is a Greg Larson or Bill Watterson).

(If anyone's wondering, my other 3 are Penny-Arcade, XKCD, and RealLifeComics)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love cheesies, tooo the top! more people need to see this~

Spazzer

Is it wrong to have Richard as someone to look up to?
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth View Post
    Is it wrong to have Richard as someone to look up to?
    Depends on how many babies you kill

~Spazzer

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post

and this post suddenly reminded me the exact same thing. brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Really awesome comic. Probably one of my favorites that I've read.