Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i dont take him serious at all
    he is bloody hilarious though

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Love his videos^^
    Now that I've watched this one again, it's hilarious:P
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2011-01-12 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    He's funny but he says a lot of good games are bad and seriously takes the piss sometimes he said portal was good compared to other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    I like Yahtzee but i dont understand his fanbase.
    They praise every "review" he does, yet they dont realise he gets paid to badmouth games.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 07:56 PM ----------

Actually read the comments on the escapist, people DO avoid/buy the game based on his reviews lol
    One thing I love is when one week people are like 'Yahtzee you are a GOD!' and the next week people are e-mail'ing him raging at him about how he destroyed the image of a game, and how they hate him, will boycot his videos, the escapist, and how he mustn't have understood his own opinion or the game.

Case and Point. Super Smash Bros Brawl. The Witcher. Monster Hunter Tri.

EDIT: Oh we must not for EVE Online.
    Last edited by mmoc6b9a415798; 2011-01-12 at 09:39 PM.

I can't watch the video right now as I'm in a campus library, but I thought I'd add my opinion on the guy.

Yes, he does add humor, yes he does rip the crap out of every game. That's fine. That said, he also makes a huge amount of very good points in nearly all his reviews. I usually agree with him. Fact is, it's totally true that no game is perfect and every game has something to criticize. That doesn't mean you won't enjoy some things about a game either though. His criticism of Halo: Reach for instance was totally on track, and I loved that game for the good things he said about it but can also accept that yes the bad things he said were present too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Yahtze's reviews. I don't always agree with him but he's still funny, it's amazing how many WoW-haters there are out there. How can you hate a game you don't play...

Very surprised he reviewed Cataclysm tbh. He refused to do Starcraft II

People say it's his best review every week. For me, his Silent Hill 2 review was the best, because it was his favourite game and he was able to critique it despite his bias. Plus it was really funny.

"It's a satisfying voyage of pain and despair that leaves you emotionally drained and satisfied like fucking a burning dolphin"
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-01-12 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See avatar. I watched his videos for a very long time then I eventually got tired of his misanthropy and hate of kids, come on, it gets old after a while. Honestly, I completely agree with him on the assesment of the game and that's why selling your soul/almost all your time throughout the year (come on, we all know we play a bit too much over breaks from school/work) to some wannabe top tier end game raiding guild is so stupid. Basically if they aren't a nice or decent bunch and/or require you to be on all the time they aren't worth playing with. That said, raiding is about the interaction with the other players that comes along with the lootses/playing together ultimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    though it is not just bashing and badmouthing take Arkham asylum for a start... or Just Cause 2 or Amnesia or Limbo and so on
    ISTR he wasn't too hard on Burnout Paradise either. I loved that particular one

Deleted
    lol

not THAT funny, but decent

Yep, it is an awesome review and I almost *gasped* at the praise he has given WoW in it. Still, bash-worthy title as always

I'm just glad that there are people outside the community that are willing to try WoW and give it an unbiased, fair assessment.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Its his fault i bought Dragon Age and i loved it! Same goes with Mass Effect and AC Bro... I also regret buying CoD:Black ops because he was absolutly right...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Its his fault i bought Dragon Age and i loved it! Same goes with Mass Effect and AC Bro... I also regret buying CoD:Black ops because he was absolutly right...
    Bad luck mate, MWF2 was the reason I didn't buy Black Ops

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    He's funny but he says a lot of good games are bad and seriously takes the piss sometimes he said portal was good compared to other games.
    Wait; you didn't think Portal was good?

This video reminded me of that part in the Human Centipede when the Asian dude first had to shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Bad luck mate, MWF2 was the reason I didn't buy Black Ops
    I liked that game though

15+ Year Old Account
    Do keep in mind, he generally tries to be funny, and not to be taken 100% seriously.

As with all his reviews.

Deleted
    somthing i got on my mind now, "blahblahblahblah numbah! blahblahblah NUmbAH!! laijghlskdjhfajblahbalaaa NUMBAH!" haha

Very true, wow high end is about numbers, at around level 40 you just dont start to look at quest text anymore, achievement = gratz, (i think im going to try to break the system in my guild its a very good point) And troll babies breast feeding....ouch.