Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only boss I actually need it on is argaloth. Dropping the AP bonus from hawk just because you suck at positioning is laughable. It also gets used on atramedes occasionally, if I get targeted with sonic breath.

If you're not using Fox at all during a raid, I'd prefer not to raid with you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a macro to switch to aspect of the fox and start using steady shot when you need to move. Keep it keybinded to something simple. Use it when you need to move. Then keybind a button to switching back to w/e aspect you previously were in.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    /castsequence !Aspect of the Hawk, !Aspect of the Fox

I bind it to Mouse5

Quote Originally Posted by Spottswoode View Post
    Atremedes - air phase 100% fox uptime
    I have a second set of bars to avoid this. All instants bound to a "/cast !Aspect of the Hawk" macro and Cobra bound to a "/cast !Aspect of the Fox" macro. The sound spam is annoying, but hey a DPS gain is a DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You know, I did say may
    Yes, you did. The fact that you even thought it may shows a lack of understanding on why Fox is important to raiding, or how it should be used. It's like saying the smoking may be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Yes, you did. The fact that you even thought it may shows a lack of understanding on why Fox is important to raiding, or how it should be used. It's like saying the smoking may be good for you.

EDIT: The weirdest thing about this ad is the phrase "costlier tobaccos".
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2011-01-13 at 06:49 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

All the time, every fight, any time I move and need to cobra shot.

At chrth: Aaaahahahaha - now that made me smile - bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    The only boss I actually need it on is argaloth. Dropping the AP bonus from hawk just because you suck at positioning is laughable. It also gets used on atramedes occasionally, if I get targeted with sonic breath.
    Just one fight: how do you suck at positioning during: Blackout, Devouring Flame, Fabulous Flame, Engulfing magic, Dazzling Destruction or Deep Breath? Well, you can use Disengage occasionally but not always. Shall I go on and give another examples? There is no need for quite inappropriate generalizations
    Why is it not useful to switch aspect for couple of seconds when they are on their own GCD? Fire Cobra Shot with 700AP less > dont fire Cobra at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Just one fight: how do you suck at positioning during: Blackout, Devouring Flame, Fabulous Flame, Engulfing magic, Dazzling Destruction or Deep Breath? Well, you can use Disengage occasionally but not always. Shall I go on and give another examples? There is no need for quite inappropriate generalizations
    Why is it not useful to switch aspect for couple of seconds when they are on their own GCD? Fire Cobra Shot with 700AP less > dont fire Cobra at all.
    Make sure you are at 90+ focus so you can do 2 arcane shots while moving.
    Engulfing magic, you shouldnt dps while moving unless you want to destroy your raid.
    Dazzling is really not that hard to move away from so a disengage for just that specific phase is needed, but only once maximum.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Make sure you are at 90+ focus so you can do 2 arcane shots while moving.
    Engulfing magic, you shouldnt dps while moving unless you want to destroy your raid.
    Dazzling is really not that hard to move away from so a disengage for just that specific phase is needed, but only once maximum.
    - It is not my choice if I get focus back for Thill of the Hunt talent to begin with. And 2 arcane shots < AotF + 1 explosive shot + Cobra Shot. }Even one Explosive shot without changing aspect beats that).
    - It is not my choice to be targeted with Engulfing magic. But in this case I just use Disengage and not running.
    - Dazzling Destruction: depends on how your guild's strategy is. My guild's strategy is to fight Valiona on her staircase and during Dazz. Dest. we move near the doors where ranged stack for meteorites. You cant disengage that far so I dont have an issue going Fox and continue DPSing during that phase.

Some fight are just not about your positioning, no matter where you position yourself, you have to move depending on what is going on and what your role in the fight is. No need to argue with that I guess

Deleted
    I think you should bind them, so you easily can switch between them, it would be a waste if you weren't casting steady/cobra shot everytime you had to move, mainly because it doesnt affect your GCD by switching them. Even though im a pvp'er im using it everytime im doing Baradin Hold or Random HC's.