Wink warlock lvling spec

Anyone got any ideas for a new warlock lvling spec ?

Quote Originally Posted by Velvan View Post

I don't know about "new" but Demo is what I used, can't really use Destro because you don't get the staple (SOul fire and Incinerate until 54) and I didn't play aff because I already play a Shadow priest which is just a pseudo aff lock.

Either really, they will all kill stuff pretty fast.. Demo if you want to be Lazy(Pet+Wand whilst watching TV), Affliction(DoT DoT DoT!) if you want to mass pull and never die, or Destro if you want to nuke stuff like a Mage.
    *Not played my lock since before Cata hit, things may be a bit diff.

sorry i should be more specific 80-85

Personally, I recommend Affliction, just because it has everything the spec needs, rotationally, by level 12. Only thing that's missing is Haunt, but you just replace that with Shadow Bolt, which you have at level 1. Demo would be my second choice, (though I never liked the spec) because of your personal tank, the Felguard, and because it's a better option than Destro which missing most of its core abilities until well into the 60s.

with affliction? what dots wld u use to do tht ahah im one of those ppl who like to watch t.v nd tlk on f.b

sorry i should be more specific 80-85
    Oh, 80-85, anything. I would recommend Destro, because of its burst you pretty much blow up everything before it can do anything to you (if it's a melee mob).

affliction. use the voidwalker and soul swap and boom.. not high enough on her for haunt yet but then you can just take on mobs like none other. get the voidwalker glyph too for more pet survivability

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Either really, they will all kill stuff pretty fast.. Demo if you want to be Lazy(Pet+Wand whilst watching TV), Affliction(DoT DoT DoT!) if you want to mass pull and never die, or Destro if you want to nuke stuff like a Mage.
    *Not played my lock since before Cata hit, things may be a bit diff.
    sorry but with affliction what should you do and im 83 and im lazy when i play

sorry but with affliction what should you do and im 83 and im lazy when i play
    What do you mean what should you do? What's the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    What do you mean what should you do? What's the rotation?
    yeaa roation nd what pets nd stuff nd if u cld or if u hav it get the spec but what i like to do it either kill fast or hav fun so any idea?

yeaa roation nd what pets nd stuff nd if u cld or if u hav it get the spec but what i like to do it either kill fast or hav fun so any idea?
    For killing fast+fun, I definitely recommend Destruction. But that's obviously my own opinion, your mileage may vary. For me Destruction against PvE mobs while leveling is just the best. Pretty awesome crits, massive burst, and stuff dying before it has a chance to react. For this purpose the imp would be best, since Voidwalker provides useless threat for Destro, as you'll pull off of him regardless.

As far as rotation goes with Affliction, it's more micro-management and reacting to when things are going to fall off. The priority goes: Haunt, Bane of Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul (when target is below 25%), Shadow Bolt (or Drain Life, but for killing mobs while leveling, go with SB).

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 10:24 PM ----------

For pet I would say Felhunter, but I'm old fashioned. For max DPS I think Affy wants Succubus with Lash of Pain glyph. You could also use Voidwalker, as a personal tank, since Affy kills more slowly than Destro, however with a couple DoT ticks you'll be pulling off him even as Affy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Didn't read all of the posts. Don't have 80-85 experience as warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    For killing fast+fun, I definitely recommend Destruction. But that's obviously my own opinion, your mileage may vary. For me Destruction against PvE mobs while leveling is just the best. Pretty awesome crits, massive burst, and stuff dying before it has a chance to react. For this purpose the imp would be best, since Voidwalker provides useless threat for Destro, as you'll pull off of him regardless.

As far as rotation goes with Affliction, it's more micro-management and reacting to when things are going to fall off. The priority goes: Haunt, Bane of Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul (when target is below 25%), Shadow Bolt (or Drain Life, but for killing mobs while leveling, go with SB).

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 10:24 PM ----------

For pet I would say Felhunter, but I'm old fashioned. For max DPS I think Affy wants Succubus with Lash of Pain glyph. You could also use Voidwalker, as a personal tank, since Affy kills more slowly than Destro, however with a couple DoT ticks you'll be pulling off him even as Affy.
    yea true but i got a off spec is affliction but wut im wondering is what is better demo or destro?

This goes for every class and every spec:

The one you suck with the least and enjoy playing the most.

yea true but i got a off spec is affliction but wut im wondering is what is better demo or destro?
    Neither is really 'better,' per se. Blizz has managed to do something with Warlocks they haven't been able to do with most classes and make it so they're all only a couple hundred DPS apart between the specs across the board, even in the top gear, so really it's personal preference here. If you're looking for my opinion as to which is more fun? Destruction.