Page 1 of 2
LastLast

with pyromaniac bug fixed anyone else feel gimped?

now that they fixed the pyromaniac bug fire seems to have taken a big hit in dps. without the extra tick from dots i find myself having to unload combustions early just to try and keep up. does this mean another 5% haste through reforging seems like a necessity. thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    mine is still bugged... lol

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    mine is still bugged... lol
    enjoy it while it lasts =) after doing 14k single target last night steady im down to like 11 now. thanks blizzard

Mine got fixed mid raid. then I rebooted, and it got unfixed. Strange O_o

Now it's fixed again.

I felt gimped today while doing my daily random heroic. Didnt know why. Went to EJ and saw they hot fixed it and indeed verified on my char.

I got 4piece t11 today and an epic MH from Alakir. So my damage seems about the same /shrug. But that's my gear playing mindgames with me.

Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    I felt gimped today while doing my daily random heroic. Didnt know why. Went to EJ and saw they hot fixed it and indeed verified on my char.
    just feels sad to have a 8500 gs and not being able to outdps a kitty druid. all my gear has hit crit and mastery on it. not sure how to play this one to get the 5% haste back? take from mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by gankdalf View Post
    enjoy it while it lasts =) after doing 14k single target last night steady im down to like 11 now. thanks blizzard
    Just get the haste you need to hit the first haste plateau. It's only 516 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Duticyaa View Post
    Just get the haste you need to hit the first haste plateau. It's only 516 haste.
    i had 516 to begin with. ive got 3/3 netherwind presence as well. i reforged some of my mastery and my 1% crit to get 1195 haste which has lowered my default fireball cast to 2.2 and my scorch to 1.3 cast time dps seems to be the same. my crit is now at 24.21% and my mastery is at 13.98. my gs is at 8566. i do 11.6k on the raid dummy single target now. am i doing something wrong? the build just felt too slow without the 5% extra haste. 2.3 second fireball casts suck. my armory profile is under gankdalf on sentinels. i would link but it wont let me post those yet. thanks for any input. btw before i reforged the extra 5% haste i had 15.98 mastery and 25.21 crit. also my hit is at 15%. im drinking a impossible accuracy pot to get the addition hit to be capped.
    Last edited by gankdalf; 2011-01-13 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gankdalf View Post
    i had 516 to begin with. ive got 3/3 netherwind presence as well. i reforged some of my mastery and my 1% crit to get 1195 haste which has lowered my default fireball cast to 2.2 and my scorch to 1.3 cast time dps seems to be the same. my crit is now at 24.21% and my mastery is at 13.98. my gs is at 8566. i do 11.6k on the raid dummy single target now. am i doing something wrong? the build just felt too slow without the 5% extra haste. 2.3 second fireball casts suck. my armory profile is under gankdalf on sentinels. i would link but it wont let me post those yet. thanks for any input. btw before i reforged the extra 5% haste i had 15.98 mastery and 25.21 crit. also my hit is at 15%. im drinking a impossible accuracy pot to get the addition hit to be capped.
    From what I have read, int is still more valuable than hit below the hit cap. I would just try and get it around 16 percent...eating hit food isn't worth it imo. I'm at 16.5 and I haven't missed in the past 8 hours of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by jahensle View Post
    From what I have read, int is still more valuable than hit below the hit cap. I would just try and get it around 16 percent...eating hit food isn't worth it imo. I'm at 16.5 and I haven't missed in the past 8 hours of raiding.
    yeah drinking the elixir is no big deal. i've read the elitist jerks fire mage compendium. is this really the best dps we can do almost in full 359 gear? i mean of course the 10% haste buff to fireball with t11 will be great, but im a long ways off from that.

The biggest place I feel the nerf is in daily heroics. There's just no way in current gear to get 1181 haste without severely gimping crit, so without a boomkin or shadow priest around, you won't be soft capped in a heroic anymore. This makes me feel like all I have time to cast is living bomb because it needs refreshing CONSTANTLY. It should be less of a hit in raid settings where the +5% haste from others comes in.

My biggest worry is that Blizzard has been balancing our dps around numbers they've seen, all of which until now have been with bugged +5% haste. So without a compensating buff, fixing the bug will leave us weaker than expected until the balance patch that follows 4.0.6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy View Post

My biggest worry is that Blizzard has been balancing our dps around numbers they've seen, all of which until now have been with bugged +5% haste. So without a compensating buff, fixing the bug will leave us weaker than expected until the balance patch that follows 4.0.6.
    Same thing I was thinking.

Was considering a swap to goblin for a while. This might convince me to.

No, i dont.
    I never used the exploit.
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

So you are whining that they fixed a bug ?

Good man.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

Good man.
    not at all. It does however seem that this spec was balanced around that bug. If that is the case blizzard needs to give us some kind of buff to make us competitive with other classes. a survival hunter can do 15k single target totally naked and we can't even come close in almost full epic gear? that i find to be a little unacceptable.

Survival Hunter also getting nerfed next patch, so theyre DPS will get lower. Right now in my raid, my DPS is always close to the hunter without using that bug. So next patch, with the little increase on fire mage and the nerf on the hunter, i should be able to do closer, if not better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

Good man.
    It's annoying when they fix a minor positive bug and let a major bug like ignite munching get worse every expansion.
    We had 5% haste, yet we were below most dps classes on single target, we lose out on +/-30of our ignite damage, losing out on another 15% of our already terrible mastery. In addition it also makes combustion a whole less potent.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eryck View Post
    Survival Hunter also getting nerfed next patch, so theyre DPS will get lower. Right now in my raid, my DPS is always close to the hunter without using that bug. So next patch, with the little increase on fire mage and the nerf on the hunter, i should be able to do closer, if not better.
    That's probably just because ur hunter is bad because he should be beating you with his screen turned off.

Deleted
    i feel the same since i specced into it only some days ago,im 12.05 haste self buffed so im fine,didnt even knew about that bug till yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzz View Post
    It's annoying when they fix a minor positive bug and let a major bug like ignite munching get worse every expansion.
    We had 5% haste, yet we were below most dps classes on single target, we lose out on +/-30of our ignite damage, losing out on another 15% of our already terrible mastery. In addition it also makes combustion a whole less potent.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 05:41 PM ----------

That's probably just because ur hunter is bad because he should be beating you with his screen turned off.
    lol agreed. hunter in our guild has like a 6300 gs an does 15k. its crazy. unless we are on halfus which i usually top the meters its either a undergeared hunter or a druid spamming mangle on top.