Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    i have yet to see double balance druid/warrior get gladiator
    well yeah thts a stupid combo. combo is more important but skill is not a 10% factor so stop being stupid

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    listen you Fu&k I never said pvp was easy. I dont give 2 sh!ts about it. im simply sick of having to change from spec to spec every patch bc of a change to help balance pvp that ends up killing a pve spec
    and u dont get it, we have to do the same for u. u no how many rets went holy just cuz they balanced ret in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Ner zhul View Post
    frost has been mainly a pvp spec for how long?
    and it was a pve viable spec for all of how long?
    and now ur upset thats its getting altered so that u wont notice any difference on bosses but on trash, becuz of pvp

idk where u have been but frost is primarily a pvp spec and has been for a long long long time
    Well to be honset PvE gets nerfed all the time because of PvP. How many times has PvP gotten nerfed because something was too OP in PvE? Also Blizzard is trying to make all 3 specs viable for PvE and PvP. It is supposed to be a game of choice and not must.

Deleted
    Im sick of pve screwing pvp

Frost mages, ruining the game since 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instant View Post
    Just as you don't give a about pvp, everyne else don't give a about frost pve
    As a longtime poster, I assume you're aware that using symbols to circumvent the language filter is against forum rules?

In any case... not "everyne else" is with you here. I suggest speaking for yourself and letting others do their own talking about caring about pve vs pvp.

idk where u have been but frost is primarily a pvp spec and has been for a long long long time
    Yes, but Blizzard has specifically stated that they want specs to be viable for PvE, not have a "PVP spec and a PVE spec" separately. the problem is trying to balance both of those equations across 30 specs on 10 classes is virtually impossible, so no matter what SOMEONE is unhappy. Unfortunately ever since arenas released in TBC, its been the PvE'ers who have been left unhappy, which is quite frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexes View Post
    Im sick of pve screwing pvp
    Please explain this and tell me one ability that has been fixed for PvE so it screwed your PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Paik View Post
    Many people care about both.

WoW's player base has matured compared to its initial pioneer years as an MMO. People have played this game for years, and many more care about Min-Maxing than in Classic; an age of POM Pyro 1shotting, frost trap-> aimshot kill combos, seal of command not proccing for 30 seconds and all of a sudden triple proc crit rampages, ambush->backstab->next target rogue gimmicks, and many more examples that would be considered insanely ridiculous by today's standards in WoW.

TBC's launch of the Arena sandbox combat system placed the inter-class balance under a very scrutinizing spotlight, and Blizzard had to step up with major rebalancing efforts to compensate for the introduction of an entirely new aspect in the game.

Not only did they now have to balance tank/dps/heal capability in a raiding system catering to 25 people, but they also had to try to keep PVP in check.

It isn't as simple as altering figures by a set percentage to achieve a desired result in either PVE/PVP, these two aspects of the game are unfortunately correlated, and so much as changing one single spell can cause a paradigm shift in balancing issues in either of the two prominent theatres of gameplay.

All in all, as long as there exists any sense of variability between the skills or abilities available to different people playing different classes, there will always be imbalance. It boils down to just How Much of an imbalance exists, and whether this is deemed to be acceptable enough by both Blizzard and the Community.

We have to adapt I guess.
    I'm sorry that your PVE got tossed around because of PVP, but just because you don't give a damn, it doesn't mean that others don't.

You sir, win the thread. ^ take the 2 minutes it takes to completely read and understand this above post and stop your whining. Its not healthy for the community, be productive.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    We have to adapt I guess.
    I'm sorry that your PVE got tossed around because of PVP, but just because you don't give a damn, it doesn't mean that others don't.
    That's all well and good and everything, and I certainly understand the point, but I'm pretty sure the prominent concern here is a lot of people are sick of getting pigeon-holed into fire for raids.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by bachok View Post
    Well, and I could care less about PvE - see what have I done here? You are not the only one playing the game. Deal with it.
    So you leveled and geared your toons strictly be PVP'ing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Frost of all mage speccs is the original PvP specc, so well, it's understandable.
    No it isn't, it's just the original Arena spec.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal opinion: Arena was the worst thing that ever happened to WOW, largely because of this. I would't have cared if it didn't impact PvE as much as it did and was just "something to do" but people have made it into their 100% focus of WoW, and PVE balance has suffered dramatically as a result.

Kids still PvP in WoW? I thought PvP was dead. Its boring enough.

"Anyone else sick and tired of pvp screwing with pve?"

Yes, yes, 1000 times YES.

I HATE pvp. Basically its because I'm completely useless at it. I freely admit that I'm terrible at it. My level of suckery is hard to quantify, but if you could measure how much someone sucked, numerically, I would be over 9000.
    Becuase of this, I have no desire to participate in pvp at all, and I have no interest in it what so ever. So it absolutely infuriates me when I see a change or "nerf" that makes no sense at all, only to discover its to "help balance pvp".

Now before the storm of "Guess what jackass, I hate pve!", "Just cos you suck at pvp that means nobody is allowed to pvp huh?!" or the classic, "People have different opinions you know!" etc, let me just say: I don't begrudge anyone their fun, no matter how they play this game. If you love pvp or arena, that's awesome! If you love both, hey, more power to ya bro! If you love pve, welcome to the club!
    But this clearly highlights the fact that there are people on both sides of the argument that are all entitled to their opinion on anything that changes the game they play and love.

So, this leads on the the obvious (which has been stated many times already): Why can't they just be be 100% separated?
    As soon as you're flagged, the rules change, simple. I'd love that. You could eve have a different team run pvp balance. They've got enough money, if it's too much work, hire more people!

I mean look at it from the pvp side: Being free of all those pesky pve constraints, and having a dedicated team tasked soley to balance your game would be awesome for you too, right?

I dunno. I guess I know in reality it'll never happen, but I can still dream can't I?

Anyway, pvp or pve, peace etc.....

Deleted
    The Devs of Guildwars had countless issues trying to balance skills between PvE and PvP as one side would always be too powerful or not powerful enough. So, eventually, instead of continually screwing about trying to balance everything, they split problem skills off into separate PvP forms that would activate and change functionality if you were taking part in PvP activity. It meant there were more skills to manage and learn, but balancing the meta games within PvE and PvP became a lot less invasive upon each other and the Devs could try new things that they couldn't before for fear of ruining the skill in the other half of the game.
    While this may be a little more difficult to implement in WoW, given that GW was heavily instanced, I have no doubts i could be done. Even if it is just for BGs or Arena as world PvP boils down to ganking lowbies these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is turning into a giant pvp vs pve flamewar; locking.