Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, a 45k shield on the priest his/herself wouldve been OP. (~35x1,3)

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Even penance lowers Weakened Soul effect? Amazing It doesnt matter if we dont have the immunity if we have that :P
    cool pleas reread my last post. I made a mistake. Penance has nothing to do with the Strength of Soul talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    cool pleas reread my last post. I made a mistake. Penance has nothing to do with the Strength of Soul talent.
    Oh yeh sorry

15+ Year Old Account
    the 30% more on the shields wasn't what was too good, don't really think the change is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    the 30% more on the shields wasn't what was too good, don't really think the change is justified.
    That being said, a 4 second silence/interrupt/dispel immunity every 30-45 seconds is pretty darn nifty.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I was wondering if we can bring back the discussions about the Shadow priest after 4.0.6, where the Improve power word shield talent has been reverted.
    I think that for discipline priests this change is nothing, because they have other new good things that can keep themselves up, BUT how it remains with the Shadow priest?
    For 2 or 3 days on playing on the PTR after the Improve power word Shield was up, for the first time I thought that the Shadow priest class has something to sey, we finally had a chance to win against another class and we could finally think that we could play a 3vs3 arena without making the lowest dmg or dying to fast.
    It was a good improvement because we could finally had time to cast/dot the enemy, so we can do dmg!!! and now or in the near future without the Improved Power Word Shiled that increases the absorption by 15/30% when cast on itself, the Shadow priest again will be Poor.I know that the 15/30% increase absorption of the shield for a priest that is playing as a Discipline is Over Power, BUT for shadow priest is NOT, is NOT!! Can blizz answer to this and maybe tell us what they have in mind about the shadow priest?
    Can you guys share opinions about this?.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputatu View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if we can bring back the discussions about the Shadow priest after 4.0.6, where the Improve power word shield talent has been reverted.
    I think that for discipline priests this change is nothing, because they have other new good things that can keep themselves up, BUT how it remains with the Shadow priest?
    For 2 or 3 days on playing on the PTR after the Improve power word Shield was up, for the first time I thought that the Shadow priest class has something to sey, we finally had a chance to win against another class and we could finally think that we could play a 3vs3 arena without making the lowest dmg or dying to fast.
    It was a good improvement because we could finally had time to cast/dot the enemy, so we can do dmg!!! and now or in the near future without the Improved Power Word Shiled that increases the absorption by 15/30% when cast on itself, the Shadow priest again will be Poor.I know that the 15/30% increase absorption of the shield for a priest that is playing as a Discipline is Over Power, BUT for shadow priest is NOT, is NOT!! Can blizz answer to this and maybe tell us what they have in mind about the shadow priest?
    as a holy pvper i was also lookin forward to strong shields on myself aswell sad days

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    as a holy pvper i was also lookin forward to strong shields on myself aswell sad days
    It seems quite clear to me that Blizzard is reinforcing the idea that Disc is the shield spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesco View Post
    So it'll be 208% stronger. My PW: shield absorbs atm for ~11k. 208% stronger means that it'll absorb for 33k?

Or will the shield get an increase of ~108% of current shield strength?

Both "increased" has the same context, so total effect will grant me shields of 33k? That's just awesome!
    No. Multiply 11,000 by 2.08 and it makes it 22,880, that's around the same amount my shields absorb on the PTR.

So basically they changed PW:S into being an instant Flash Heal-sized absorb to an instant Greater Heal-sized absorb. : D

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    That being said, a 4 second silence/interrupt/dispel immunity every 30-45 seconds is pretty darn nifty.
    You mean a 4 second silence/interrupt/dispel immunity every 7-15 seconds, don't you? They didn't say they reverted the change that PW:S would grant the immunities, they just said that Inner Focus would also give the buff.
    Last edited by Marraphy; 2011-01-13 at 10:13 PM.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    No. Multiply 11,000 by 2.08 and it makes it 22,880, that's around the same amount my shields absorb on the PTR.

So basically they changed PW:S into being an instant Flash Heal-sized absorb to an instant Greater Heal-sized absorb. : D
    So like I quoted before:

The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.
    You're saying that the mana cost of PW:Shield will be like this: multiply 2900 by 0,33% and it makes 933 mana cost for casting 1 shield?
    I read both "increased by" the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except because the cost is INCREASED by 31%, you would add 957 (which is what i get) to what it already costs, so 2900 + 957 = 3857 mana per shield. Assuming that 2900 is how much it costs originally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

You mean a 4 second silence/interrupt/dispel immunity every 7-15 seconds, don't you? They didn't say they reverted the change that PW:S would grant the immunities, they just said that Inner Focus would also give the buff.
    They reverted it. The text remaining is only this:

"Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus."

There is no reference to PW:S in relation to the immunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    Except because the cost is INCREASED by 31%, you would add 957 (which is what i get) to what it already costs, so 2900 + 957 = 3857 mana per shield. Assuming that 2900 is how much it costs originally.
    So what I'm asking is obviously this:
    "Could someone confirm that the new shields are ~35k in strength?"

I mean, X is increased by 31% while Y is increased by 208%. Then both instances of "increased by" for X and Y are the same right? (where X = mana cost, Y = effect)

Anyway, I'm just hoping it'll be 35k, but I have no means to check it . But as Marraphy states that his shields absorb for 22k on PTR, then Blizzard is wrong in their logic. And I'm sorry for questioning here, but I have no means to test and check this on PTR myself.

It'd be kinda stupid to say that Blizzard states "Disc isn't meant to just shield spam" while saying "Mana cost will be lower than the mana gains for a disc priest in raids". It just doesn't add up! So is there anyone that has proven that the shields absorb for ~35k per application of PW:Shield?

(added redundancy to prove that I'm NOT stupid!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    It's about 3500 (can't check exactly right now) so will be around 4500 mana with inner fire. 2900 and 3800 approx with inner will.

25-35k absorb (+5-7k from glyph) for 4500 mana is pretty good. Even at the lower end of the scale there you get 6.67 glyphed hpm, which beats most other heals. Greater heal absorbs for 1k less mana.

The ptr notes on the official wow site says the improved pws 15/30% bonus when cast on self is still in effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    It's about 3500 (can't check exactly right now) so will be around 4500 mana with inner fire. 2900 and 3800 approx with inner will.

25-35k absorb (+5-7k from glyph) for 4500 mana is pretty good. Even at the lower end of the scale there you get 6.67 glyphed hpm, which beats most other heals. Greater heal absorbs for 1k less mana.
    Not to mention we'll probably have grace on many more targets now, possibly up to the 3 stack 24% buff, plus the heal can crit, giving us a nice DA shield on top. These changes are great and I can't wait till they're on live.

Deleted

For a discipline priest the amount absorb will be 22.880 coz of mastery, but for a Shadow priest will be less, will be 15.200 absorb, something like this and btw the immunity thing is again just for discipline priest.So shadow priests shields will be dispelable after first second of use.
    That means that the amount absorb will suck alote for us, alote.
    Again SHADOW PRIESTS we will be faceroll in PVP I am pretty sure
    Last edited by mmocc2ed418292; 2011-01-15 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    For a discipline priest the amount absorb will be 22.880 coz of mastery, but for a Shadow priest will be less, will be 15.200 absorb, something like this and btw the immunity thing is again just for discipline priest.So shadow priests shields will be dispelable after first second of use.
    That means that the amount absorb will suck alote for us, alote.
    Again SHADOW PRIESTS we will be faceroll in PVP I am pretty sure
    But is it 25k or 35k absorb?