Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Strenght of Soul ? Clarification

•Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.

Strength of Soul =
    When you heal a target with your Heal, Greater Heal or Flash Heal spell, the duration of the weakened soul debuff on the target is reduced by 4 sec.

In addition, when you cast Power Word: Shield on yourself you are immune to Silence, Interrupt and Dispel effects for 4 sec.

So does this mean we get Immunity for 4 seconds after Power word Shield
    And also 4 seconds after casting Inner Focus

Or only : When you cast power word Shield and right after Inner Focus you get the 4 seconds?

Cause it says 'ALSO' it made me really confused

Um, I thought they just changed the 4 second immunity to proc off of Inner Focus INSTEAD of PW:S.

That's how I read it.

Deleted
    But if you go over the tooltip in the notes it will still say
    When you heal a target with your Heal, Greater Heal or Flash Heal spell, the duration of the weakened soul debuff on the target is reduced by 4 sec.

So after you read that it says now ALSO... does this after inner focus.

it means after casting inner focus for 4 seconds u will be immune to those, the PW: shield has been reverted.

Deleted
    Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.

If you read the patchnotes it says that Inner focus ALSO makes you immune ! Not instead of Power word shield.
    So after you use PW: S or Inner Focus you become immune to silence effects

Quote Originally Posted by Fellonaegwynn View Post
    Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.

If you read the patchnotes it says that Inner focus ALSO makes you immune ! Not instead of Power word shield.
    So after you use PW: S or Inner Focus you become immune to silence effects
    /sigh

Also is referring to the fact that Strength of Soul ALSO reduces weakened soul by 2/4 seconds when you cast flash heal, heal and greater heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zixoo View Post
    But if you go over the tooltip in the notes it will still say...
    Because he is showing you what the talent was previously.

My question is why not just change the actual Inner Focus talent instead of making another convoluted tooltip to some random talent? Just about every single disc priest takes Inner Focus and I don't think making it so PvP Disc Priests don't have to spec into 2/2 Strength of Soul if they don't want to is going to allow us to come up with some super overpowered PvP spec.
    Last edited by Jahmoon; 2011-01-13 at 03:10 PM.

I'd be shocked if both PW: S and Inner Focus triggered the effect. Very happy, but still shocked.

Tooltips for spells don't correct themselves instantly when a change is made. Look at the mage change "Mage Armor now reduces the duration of magic effects by 35%, down from 50%." The tooltip still says 50%

I feel like they would put both spells in the description if it actually included both, because they are doing the same thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fear that is was found to be too powerful and they changed the effect to work with Inner Focus.

It did seem a little lol.

I don't understand why you are so comfused.The talents does 2things
    1)whenever you cast heal/gheal/flash etc. it reduces the weakend sould debuff by x secs
    2) whenever you cast innerfocus you go god mode ,cannot be interupted/silenced/dispelled for 4seconds
    that's it.

On a side note it would be much better oof they added the dispell immunity after the cast of pw:s instead of inner focus,it makes much more sense.

Deleted
    I also think the dispell immunity should be after self PWS

The immunity after PW:S has been removed from the official patch notes, now it only mentions Inner Focus.

Deleted
    PTR obviosuly hasnt been updated yet then - ive just been on there hoping to confirm this but the immunity is still proccing from PW:S self cast not IF.

:O would be awesome to have double immunities!

Deleted
    alot of different answers.. can some official blizz employee confirm?

Read between the lines dudes and dudettes.

They are not going to put such a powerful proc on two different abilities, especially with greater heal reducing the duration of weakened soul AND the cool down of inner focus, it would be mind numbingly OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Read between the lines dudes and dudettes.

They are not going to put such a powerful proc on two different abilities, especially with greater heal reducing the duration of weakened soul AND the cool down of inner focus, it would be mind numbingly OP.
    This is not an official answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zixoo View Post
    This is not an official answer?
    Offical Patch Notes:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

Lists all of the changes in the current build. The immunity effect added to Power Word: Shield is not there.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Offical Patch Notes:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

Lists all of the changes in the current build. The immunity effect added to Power Word: Shield is not there.
    good call.

i also noticed that "Improved Power Word: Shield now also increases the amount absorbed by an additional 15/30% when cast on oneself." is there. Does that mean they added it again oooor no. Says there that it was updated on the 12th, but the the changes on mmo main page were added the 13th, so not sure.

Hey, ppl!
    Could some1 tell me how this new buff is called ingame?
    Link on wowhead would be appreciated :>
    Tnx!

Deleted
    It's called "Strength of Soul".

Buff is listed here: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96267