Deleted

Shadow priest after 4.0.6/how the reverse of the IPW shiled will affect us!

Hey guys, I was wondering if we can bring back the discussions about the Shadow priest after 4.0.6, where the Improve power word shield talent has been reverted.
    I think that for discipline priests this change is nothing, because they have other new good things that can keep themselves up, BUT how it remains with the Shadow priest?
    For 2 or 3 days on playing on the PTR after the Improve power word Shield was up, for the first time I thought that the Shadow priest class has something to sey, we finally had a chance to win against another class and we could finally think that we could play a 3vs3 arena without making the lowest dmg or dying to fast.
    It was a good improvement because we could finally had time to cast/dot the enemy, so we can do dmg!!! and now or in the near future without the Improved Power Word Shiled that increases the absorption by 15/30% when cast on itself, the Shadow priest again will be Poor.I know that the 15/30% increase absorption of the shield for a priest that is playing as a Discipline is Over Power, BUT for shadow priest is NOT, is NOT!!
    And btw have you guys seen the Psychic horror nerf? is so sweet, incredible.
    Can blizz answer to this and maybe tell us what they have in mind about the shadow priest?
    Can you guys Share Opinions about this?.
    Last edited by mmocc2ed418292; 2011-01-13 at 02:35 PM.

my only issue with this post is the "I think that for discipline priests this change is nothing, because they have other new good things that can keep themselves up, BUT how it remains with the Shadow priest?"

This whole change was for disc priests to be some what playable again. Shadow priests are just fine in pvp I'm not sure what you are QQing about. This revert will kill disc priests once again putting them as free HK fodder.

If you are having issues in 3v3 with you dieing you need a comp that can keep people off you. If you are having problems with melee I suggest getting a mage partner, they can chain frost nova and give you plenty of time to toss out CC's of your own and do massive dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephriel View Post
    my only issue with this post is the "I think that for discipline priests this change is nothing, because they have other new good things that can keep themselves up, BUT how it remains with the Shadow priest?"

This whole change was for disc priests to be some what playable again. Shadow priests are just fine in pvp I'm not sure what you are QQing about. This revert will kill disc priests once again putting them as free HK fodder.
    ya that sin and punishment thing is gettin fixed, I don't think they intended it to use our fear DR. Disc isn't bugged out in some way, it's just weak.

Deleted
    For 2 or 3 days on playing on the PTR after the Improve power word Shield was up, for the first time I thought that the Shadow priest class has something to sey, we finally had a chance to win against another class
    Lol. I manage to beat all classes exept feral drood (in live patch). They do big pain.

Sin % Punishment (besides not being very good even fixed) it DR's with itself (horrors do not dr themselves and should work much like UA silence) and DR's with our fear,I mean, come on.With the bloodlust change shadow ,besides not being viable/easily replacable by any other hybrid in any comp,is not even fan to play cause they train you all day long and lastly PW:S won't fix it.Really now,the only reason you can bring a sp in a comp is for it's dispell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie View Post
    Sin % Punishment (besides not being very good even fixed) it DR's with itself (horrors do not dr themselves and should work much like UA silence) and DR's with our fear,I mean, come on.With the bloodlust change shadow ,besides not being viable/easily replacable by any other hybrid in any comp,is not even fan to play cause they train you all day long and lastly PW:S won't fix it.Really now,the only reason you can bring a sp in a comp is for it's dispell.
    yeh i wasnt so bothered by the shield crap i wudnt of bothered putting 2 points into it anyway... but BL/hero not allowed in arenas anymore makes me sad.... taking the fun away

There are a bunch of indirect nerfs to shadow with 4.06a such as:

- Bloodlust/Heroism gone (a big crutch for spriest damage)
    - PH being on a 1 min 30s CD making it even harder to peel melee off of us.
    - The IPW:S reverted, losing some of the very little survivability we gained.
    - Trinket removing Disarms and silences is the biggest nerf to Spriests atm against melee and anything really.
    - Dispel protection being rather dumb considering you limit most of the spriests damage when you dispel VT, even if you get horrored for 3 secs, the spriest is spending a ton of mana on DoT's, making us oom rather quickly.
    - In essence the shield buff makes it worse for us because we have to /cancelaura PW:S just to get benefits from Masochism and to death polymorphs, thus, making the only survivability buff a trade off between surviving and having enough mana to do anything.

The only Buff?

- Orbs reverted back to giving 16% MB/MS damage increase.

This makes mastery even less desirable because haste is just that much more beneficial to us. Blizzard has to change the mastery completely in order for us to even bother stacking it and sacrificing the haste (which btw our spec tailors toward the 5% haste in sform and 3 points in darkness).
    Last edited by Devanox; 2011-01-13 at 04:48 PM.