Thread: Demon Soul

Demon Soul

Hey Guys

I had a question about Demon Soul - Felhunter

Felhunter - Periodic shadow damage increased by 20% for 20 sec.

I was wondering if you cast Demon Soul with dots already on your target will it affect the shadow damage of those dots or only of any new dots you cast after you enable demon soul?

Also if you cast soul swap inhale and then demon soul and then soul swap exhale will those dots be affected?

I'm trying to improve my dps on Magmaw's head and am using soulswap and demon soul. Any tips?

Thanks
    Nabbs
    ~Nabbles*

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, atm you get more dps from using the Succubus+LoP glyph over the Felhunter, and with the succubus it's best to save the Demon Soul until the head is Impaled on Magmaw (preferably during BL).

As for if you continue using the Felhunter I believe it works the same as any other buff, that until you refresh/reaply the DoT it won't be affected by Demon Soul. I could be wrong about this, I'm more curious about whether Felhunter Demon Soul works for DL/DS, because it seemed to have an affect before I switched to the Succubus but that was quite awhile so I can't remember.

Hope I helped. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JetSet View Post
    As for if you continue using the Felhunter I believe it works the same as any other buff, that until you refresh/reaply the DoT it won't be affected by Demon Soul.
    I could be wrong, but didn't this stop being the case months ago? I thought they made DoT damage change dynamically with your current spellpower/buffs to mitigate the effect of abilities that let you pop all your cooldowns, throw dots up, and keep the dots refreshed at that high level (like haunt and corruption, for example.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone might want to test, but I believe that all dot refreshes and recasts recalculate at the time of refresh/recast. This means that if you use Demon Soul you won't have more dot damage until you get a Haunt off, or recast BOA and UA.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Someone might want to test, but I believe that all dot refreshes and recasts recalculate at the time of refresh/recast. This means that if you use Demon Soul you won't have more dot damage until you get a Haunt off, or recast BOA and UA.
    That's what I figured, but I couldn't remember if it was the case so I didn't want to say I was absolutely sure. :P

People keep saying that they change dynamically based on your procs. I'd love to see patch notes and/or proof.

This is how it's supposed to work.

Once the spell is casted 2 things can happen
    a) debuffs go on the boss (+damage, haunt, CoE, etc) Dots WILL scale
    b) buffs go up on you (ie potion, volcano, other trinket proc, set bonus proc, etc) dots WILL NOT scale UNLESS reapplied