Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I fail at arena...

Any tips? I honestly don't even care if I'm in a highly rated team, or comp. I just want my weekly conquest. Any tips would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Use CC, and learn every abillity your class has

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. I can't help you if you don't list what exactly you fail at. Just arena in general? Perhaps you're having tunnel vision problems. I'm not sure because i don't know what you say you fail at.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a PvE dps machine. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to counter comps, or specific classes. I'll probably be doing 2v2 with the wife's resto/boomkin. So, any tips on how to beat pallies, rogues, other hunters, etc... I'm used to bg pvp on my disc priest or feral druid, lol. It's nowhere near the same and on her, in that setting, I typically didn't have to pay attention to what anyone was doing against me because I was so hard to bring down (on either toon).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    This, and use the most op comp available to you. It makes a big difference.

Ok hunters right now are in a pretty bad state so don't feel awful if you're doing bad. I haven't stepped in arena since Cata just to avoid the rage. Now what you want to do is very simple to type but much harder to execute. Basically your main strat is to cc heals and kill the dps. What you want to do is:
    1. Trap healer (LnL procs).
    2. Wifey's turn to cyclone your healer 3 times in a row (2 at the very minimum).
    3. Wyvern heals (If possible proc LnL again with frost trap).
    4. Bear bash or w/e the new silence is? Skull bash or something, if possible she can do both in a row.

And keep doing it till your opponent dies, save your MC and trinket for this to open space and be able to land a kill. You may land kills another way but this is what you should be aiming for. Also wifey needs to be good and root the dps so you can go off on it easier after traps and if she can help dps during that time even better. This is basically what you need to do to be successful in 2v2 arena as a hunter. Focus macros make it that much easier (hopefully you know this already).

PS. Add warstomp in there somewhere (thinking she is a tauren) and monkey stun too. Basically w/e you can do to avoid the dps getting healed.
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2011-01-13 at 11:04 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Any tips? I honestly don't even care if I'm in a highly rated team, or comp. I just want my weekly conquest. Any tips would be appreciated.
    Best tip anyone will tell you is to have you and your partner keybind and mouse turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    Best tip anyone will tell you is to have you and your partner keybind and mouse turn.
    This and know other class's abilities. Choosing the right target and when to swap is key to winning arena matches. Hunter is very gimped for arena right now, I wouldn't dare do 2s with a healer. Either do 3s or 5s, or double dps 2s.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    Have been doing that for years anyway. I'm an old school Doom & Quake tournament player

There's only so much you can truly do. 0.2% representation in the upper limit of arena teams for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Except Tame Beast. Don't use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Except Tame Beast. Don't use that.
    NONSENSE tame the druid and rename him something mean

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    I'll probably be doing 2v2 with the wife's resto/boomkin.
    Best advice I can give is don't arena with your wife... if you love her. Unless you have Buddha like zen

If your goal is just to hit the conquest cap each week, then you just have to play enough games. Hell, I've been dual boxing arenas to the conquest cap each week <_<

If you just want your cap just win 5 games. If you loose a game or several games in a row you will get lower MMr until you meet people that are worse than you so you will win, but really unless your gear is crap 1500 MMR is really easy to play at. Tunnel one target and just remember to use all CDs. After a game check through your CDs and see if you forgot anything and just remember it for the next game. That's pretty much enough for 1500

I've played enough games (BM hunter) with a frost mage to get conquest capped each week since cata. We don't do more than that, yet we're already 1400 rating, 50-60% win ratio.

If you are on Darkspear horde - whisper me " Inccrits " I'll carry you through games for points if thats what you want.

Training is all!

don´t concenrate on dmg! CC and surviving is more Important! Always go line of sight! kite melees! Don´t use all CD´s at ones! A trap is enough to get range from your enemy! You need a survey of all not just your target!

well, at the moment Hunter´s are underpowered in pvp! Especially in 2on2! But next week The new patch goes live and MM is comeing! So let´s see what it will bring with it! =)=)=)

I've learned through doing arena. The more you do, the more knowledge you will get by yourself and learn how to counter certain things.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

I'm doing 2v2. as a marksmanship hunter with a survival hunter as a partner.

It's bye no means a op combo, but if your just going for your weekly points, any double dps should really do. We've only been playing for a few weeks, and with 7-10 games pr. week it's not exactly like our rating is far from the minimum. But we get the points we can, and have a positive win:lose ratio .

My main advice is: Figure out where your week points are.

Personally my weekest point is rogue/feral/warrior, as i'm having a hard time to get range from them. So i've focused alot on getting my resilience up, glyphing raptor strike, and specing accordingly. Like sacrificing dps, and picking up survivals improved traps, so snake trap has a root asociated with it.

When going double dps, it's important to decide which target to focus. Usually I find the healer a good choice since our comp has both silicing shot and wywen sting as interrpts along with scatter and pets ect. We do however try to stay away from focusing paladins, mages and druids, as the first 2 have bouble/ice block so against any decent person you won't be able to burst them down initially. And druids still have their high mobility (depends alot on which arena too)

I think the 2v2 is the easiest/best bracket if your just going for some weekly point, and double dps is the way to go. I remember a game where my partner died and I was left agains the other teams holy paladin. None of us wanted to quit so we ended up drawing after 45 mins... I had no chance what so ever to kill him, and actually had to play defensivly because whatever low dps he did was dangerous as I had very limited healing avaliable to myself. (sidenote: It was however funny when I CC'd him at one end of the arena and camuflaged myself in the other end, so he couldnt find me. Took a good 5 minutes before he realised he could start to ressurect his partner to draw me out.)