Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Orc or Goblin Mage?

Pretty much as the title says. I like both races, I don't care much for racials and I want to hear what you guys think I should make

I'd go for the orc. I think that orc clothies looks kind of evil, that's why my main is an orc lock.

an Orc. there are very few people rolling the new combinations added to the old races

Deleted
    Goblin. Just started a goblin male hunter myself, and turned my lock into goblin female - love them!

Deleted
    goblin - I think that orcs are more of a savage melee race (including shamans) rather than a pure spellcaster race

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Goblins, but Orcs are pretty neat too.
    Imo, if you're starting out a new character, I'd go Orc, Goblin zone takes (what I think if feels like anyway) a life time.. I got too bored after the 2nd Island, almost didn't have a shaman.
    If you're willing to pay money, I would go Goblin.
    I like to change my sig A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindaika View Post
    If Goblins were from Jersey, they wouldn't live in Orgimmar. They'd live in Crossroads and commute to Org via bridges and tunnels, and then complain about the Kodo traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    ... Why trolls? Because we regenerate 2 health per second and there is nothing you can do about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins are prime spellcasters imo, being one of the most intelligent races in WoW.

I love Orcs but they're a more Shamanistic and Warrior-like race rather than one that would spend time studying arcane arts.

Anything but Orc, unless it's a female Orc. Male Orcs look incredibly stupid as casters. It's like watching some 300lb body builder pretending to be a wizard.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

See I don't see peoples beef with Orc mages. They do it as locks and look badass. Imagine an Orc decked out in full mage T11. Pretty sweet imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    They both can look badass. Just go goblin if you like to be small and go orc if you want to be kinda big with huge shoulders.
    Personally I don't know which one I would pick, but probably goblin.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for Goblin, because one thing's an Orc warlock who summons demons (Which we've seen) and another is an Orc mage... Would you imagine a Tauren rogue? Because I wouldn't, Orc mages feel that weird for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    an Orc. there are very few people rolling the new combinations added to the old races
    Except troll druids and tauren paladins. those are EVERYWHERE.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

15+ Year Old Account
    Goblins have better racials for Mages...so go with that one. Hell, you can even crank dat Soulja Boi when you're bored, MC Hammer can't touch that.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    And dwarf shaman and human hunters.

personally i really like the female orc cast animation; goblin feels too much like a gnome, cant take that

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Hell, you can even crank dat Soulja Boi when you're bored, MC Hammer can't touch that.
    I see what you did there, and I lol'd ^^

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 07:34 PM ----------

Oh and to the people saying Orcs feel natural as beasty monstrous warlocks but not as mages? View it this way, a Warlock would have spent just as much time studying fel magics as a Mage would the arcane. If an Orc can learn demonic magic I don't see a reason why they can learn regular magic. Especially seeing as there are some cross overs between mages and shaman (Fire and Ice, water elementals, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Anything but Orc, unless it's a female Orc. Male Orcs look incredibly stupid as casters. It's like watching some 300lb body builder pretending to be a wizard.
    100% agree
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    I play a troll warlock...

And I'm leveling a tauren priest!

Deleted
    Hey, as a MoD has not come to this thread yet can I please remind you that "What should I play" threads are not aloud on this forum.

Please visit the Forum Guidlines for more information,

Thanks!

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:
    •Which race should I roll?
    •Which faction is better for me?
    •Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    •Looking for RAF partner
    Last edited by mmoc066de99503; 2011-01-13 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    i have yet to see a human hunter at max level. and i play alliance!