Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I was doing a heroic on my scrubby geared alt with a guild mate there on his main.

Anyway, we were doing Grim Batol and on the first boss. We wiped once because the add got killed on the boss. The ret paladin starts freaking out about the add dying and I said "If you stopped trying to tank it I could have trapped/slept him for the whole fight". Then I said "Or you could repent him". He freaked out for a while about how it wasn't his job to CC and then we pulled the boss. After we kill the boss he tries to vote kick me (probably because I out DPS'd him and he was mad). The vote failed, so I voted to kick him and it passed!

Fun times!

I was recently in a Heroic Vortez Pinnacle. The tank wouldn't let anyone CC and insisted on just going in and grabbing everything. He kept saying "I can handle it I am a good tank."

Well the good news is I am a good healer so I handled it, but after every pull I had to hurry and drink to get at least half my mana back before he would pull again. Normally, I would have left but I read article saying there is a mechanic in the game's LFD tool that the more you leave the easier it is to be kicked and the harder it is to kick people. So I stuck with it and used Pots and drank at every turn.

Finally we get to Grand Vizier Ertan; I am not full mana but made due. Toward the end of the fight I was very low on mana but we survived. At the end of the fight I merely asked if we could wait to pull the boss so I could top off. The tank replies with "If you can't keep up with me you don't deserve to be here." Shortly after that I was booted from the instance.

I usually run only with my guild as I am the GM and can usually find a group. But on this particular day I was not on during my normal times and decided to pug my daily. So I didn't get mad I just queued up again. Wouldn't you know the next group I am in the Tank didn't want to run Grim Batol so he said he was going to go afk just kick him. He didn't want a Dungeon CD timer so he wanted to be kicked. At this point I was mad and decided that I would do my daily in the evening with my guild like I usually do. So I decided to hold out with him. Everyone left but the tank and I as the healer. Unfortunately, everyone else was punished because this tank didn't want to do his job and didn't want to be penalized for leaving. Everyone didn't want to give him his way so everyone left and I volunteered to stay in group and make him waste his time anyway.

So I went and farmed mining and worked on some dailies. He kept telling me to boot him. I kept trying to requeue. It was a battle of the wills. This went on for 45 minutes when he finally decided to leave. He ended up I am sure having no timer but he still ended up waiting longer than if he had just dropped waited and queued again.

Examples like these are why the LFD tool is a bad thing for most people. This happens more often then not. I am a decently geared healer who knows how to play his class. I am a very laid back guy and go with the flow, and more often than not I run in to someone like this who thinks his $15 is more important than mine.

Why can't people just be civil and play like they are not more entitled to everything than everyone else.

Signed "Tired of idiots in WOW"

Quote Originally Posted by Salk View Post
    I call troll or some misrepresentation of facts here. Why would the 3rd dps kick his own guild's healer? Regardless, you and the other dps were at fault here. If you want to tank, then roll a tank. Its part of your role as dps to watch your threat. If you don't like the way the tank is tanking, kick him. If you can't, then drop group. IMO, you were far more the problem. How about trying to help the tank with his threat rotation? Some constructive criticism rather than your immature "aggro mobs then ice block BS."

I saw the same thing the other day in a Baradin Hold run. Warrior dps pulled aggro on the boss about 15 seconds into the fight then got frustrated that he was killed and left the group. Since he was a warrior, he should have had some understanding of how Vengeance works, but maybe he never tanked before. For those of you who don't know, the first 30 seconds of a fight are the toughest for warriors and paladins for threat. Don't pop your cd's right off the bat unless you know that the tank will hold.
    1 tank 1 healer 1 dps in the same guild 2 dps (including me) other dps kicked the healer. And its a level 64 instance where the trash mobs do almost no damage so we don't need to watch our threat you can easily kite the mobs to death. Frost mages can easily solo most of the trash in there. Also we can't kick the tank because it takes 3 votes to kick and they had a majority over us. And constructive critcism we did fine but we just got dogs abuse for quite a long period of time so decided to get our own back without resorted to yelling at them.

And how is baradin hold related to a level 62-65 instance?

being held hostage in a dungeon?

never knew you couldnt just leave because immature kids wanted to act like babies and not leave.but idiots in random pugs are one of the reasons why ive currently stopped doing heroics

Deleted
    I had a terribad healdin in H DM. We had to kick the first healer, since he couldn't heal us trough the trash - me being close to ilvl 350 at that time and dps pushing 12k. So we get this pally healer, who wont heal us up after each pull. We all had to sit down and drink after every pull, even asked him nicely several times. He kept ignoring us and we went on. We got to Cookie and everyone but him was eating the food non stop. The dps was really high and we didn't have green stuff all over, so not that much to heal. He had around 50% mana when Cookie was almost down but when a dps got caught in the green stuff for the first time a bit overwhelmed, he wouldn't heal him.

The dps died and enough was enough. I told him, that he was acting like a total jerk and that we had been nothing but nice to him. Then he just says "cba healing you". We couldn't kick him cause of the first kick and he refused to heal. He then pulled the boss and wiped us. Still he wouldn't leave. He kept mocking us and I finally opened a ticket. Srsly why do ppl need to behave like that......

Maybe Blizzard should just get their heads out of their arses and realize that this new "instances are hard" mentality is not helping anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    being held hostage in a dungeon?

never knew you couldnt just leave because immature kids wanted to act like babies and not leave.but idiots in random pugs are one of the reasons why ive currently stopped doing heroics
    Sure you can! But it gives you a nice 30 min deserter debuff...

Did a random heroic a few days ago, got Throne of the Tides. Tank immediately stated he refused to tank the instance and just sat down, obviously waiting to be vote kicked.

I, not wishing to encourage this behavior, sat down, too. The other members of the group just stood around quietly.

Finally, after about 5 minutes, the tank DC'd and I just thew up my hands and initiated vote kick. Took another 5 minutes to get a replacement tank and off we went (Ended up swaping tanks again, and the other two DPS left at other points, but I digress)

I do have to wonder what happened since, during Wrath, LFD queues were 10-15 minutes at most. I guess the ease of gearing and relative ease of tanking instances induced people to roll tank alts more, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Furby View Post
    I've had tanks do the same thing. We enter an instance and the tank instantly goes afk because he doesn't want to do it. He waits for us to kick him. We cant kick him because of a timer. He pretty much hijacks the group for 15 min and we can't do a single thing.

Blizzard does need to fix the "hijacking" issue. I've experienced it enough to realize that it isn't going to get better.
    Just report them!
    Also there are guys that need on loot to other classes and when they need they stay in dungeon and sell it. I find this behaviour disgusting and report it always.
    Just hope blizz does something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Deleted
    I guess it's a matter of what you call abuse and what Blizz call abuse. So many tards..... Met 3 noobs from Zenedar, they'd already wiped on Baron in SFK, when I joined. They refused to queue up, cause SFK was too hard..... Tank left, I refused to take the debuff. Then they just waited to they could leave without getting the debuff. Another tank finally joined, after they all picked a role. That tank also left, cause he cbf waiting on them to bail out.

Imo stuff like this is way too common. It wasn't like that in Wrath and I know Cata dungeons for alot of ppl are harder, but come on srsly. Gets me really annoyed and the fact that ppl can keep abusing the system, just makes it an even less enjoyable feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    have gotten similar situations, but that wasn't even the worst.
    What did happen to me was that in heroic DeadMines the 2h dps wep dropped.
    Me, being the only melee dpser, needed on it and thought I'd get it. But apparantly the tank wanted it too. He needed too adn won it.
    Now I didn't care much that I lsot it, because it was an ugly weapon and I jsut wanted my valor points also seeing him et kicked wouldbe good enough.

First I asked to give it back.....no one says anything......after a few other attempts at trying to work things out I open a votekick with reason being that he is a ninja.
    The votekick failed!
    It so happenend that a dps from my group was in his guild and kept him in somehow. Maybe votekick bugged or another non-guildie would rather run the isntance with a ninja tank than wait 2-3 min for a new tank.
    Before I could even say a word, I get kicked from the group.
    That just blew my mind. O_o

I mean wth!!
    It is one thing to have an item ninjaed from you, but that the random puggers would actually choose the ninja tank over me?
    They probably just wanted a smooth, drama-free run. So they kicked the DPS'er who started loot drama rather than the tank who rolled on an item.

Also bear in mind that the "only roll need on the role you're currently playing" school of thought is by no means universal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    I got into a an H Grim Batol with 2 raid geared guildies, i was so excited since it was my first time in here since launch (Remember those heroics O.O *Nightmare scene*) Well, all was good until our tank decided he was going to pull 3 groups without stopping one after another, we all went OOM and he began to (pardon my language plz) bitch about everyone "sucking" and sat down in his bear form and refused to move. We kicked him and his little heals buddie said "Pardon him" and left as well. This was perfectly fine, but i did feel bad since the healer was victimized. We then got a raid geared DK tank and a reg dungeon geared H Priest. (By this point we were at the boss who mounts up Valiona) We wiped 3 times, not because the tank, but the healer who refused to heal ANYONE other than the tank. Me and my 2 dps friends were quickly killed and pulled only 8k dps, the tank complained and yelled at us with colorful (that a good word?) language. When we politely told him we were dying because the priest refused to heal us, he cursed us out and proceeded to just sit there. We booted the priest and tried to que up for another healer, but the tank continuously denied the que.
    He said this: (PLEASE do not read this as my words, remember his was an ill mannered and angry tank) "You 'fuck-tards' can wait in your stupid 40 min que if you don't like it." And thus we had to leave and reque because we had already used our VtK
    Please fix this blizz D:

Edit: extra info:
    Me and my guildmaster (who i was running this dungeon with) opened tickets and luckily got our horrid tank penalty, we also got our Grim Batol locks, unlocked. Yay for GMs
    Last edited by Kimaran; 2011-01-26 at 01:16 AM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Mandya View Post
    Isn't this basically interferring with anothers game play and considered an offence under Wow's TOC?
    nope and this is blizzards GM's view not mine , the instance is theirs as much as yours and they have equal right to it. unless they are being racist to you have ZERO chance of blizz doing a thing about it.

i actually see less of this now than we used to back in TBC but its definitely on the uprise again.

the only real cure would be for people to behave like halfway decent human beings and theres fuck all chance of that happening on the net

Quote Originally Posted by talitu View Post
    nope and this is blizzards GM's view not mine , the instance is theirs as much as yours and they have equal right to it. unless they are being racist to you have ZERO chance of blizz doing a thing about it.

i actually see less of this now than we used to back in TBC but its definitely on the uprise again.

the only real cure would be for people to behave like halfway decent human beings and theres fuck all chance of that happening on the net
    This is true unfortunately. I had a similar experience where the healer decided to be a douche and port out of the instance demanding to be kicked. These people don't seem to realise you can't kick people the first 15 minutes. Anyway, I wrote a ticket and got told there wasn't anything they could do about it. That's quite unfortunate, really, as it only encourages this kind of behavior.

The rise of the 90s babies, makes the game more awful every year.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    these stories scare me... whenever i read about something liek this that i havent personally experience yet... its bound ti happen to me the next time i log on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Then tank says "Me and the other dps gotta go eat lunch. we'll be back in like 40 minutes. Kick us and replace if you don't feel like waiting."

So naturally the other pug dps initiates a vote kick. I agree to it because afk for 40 minutes is rediculous. The Healer keeps denying the vote kick so we can't get rid of the 2 afk ppl. So we were being forced into either waiting 40 mins for these two to get back, or leaving and queue'ing for another 40 mins.
    It might not have been why (since they were guildies), but I'd begrudge having to waste a kick or two on people who could just have easily left the group. I had that happen in a Deadmines run to me recently and the people doing it quickly went on ignore. If someone's going to be away that long, why not just leave group?

Joined a SFK run in progress on my tank paladin just after the first boss. Their tank had left.

I move to the door and pull one of those big aboms and run back inside the room so I can tank it in there (cos they fear). But my healer-emo-queen-only-tunnelvisions-health-bars PUG resto druid didn't see me run back inside there and stayed on the stairs. The abom aggro'd the geist pack on the way over and the resto druid got proximity aggro from the geists and died.

So he calls me a moron, a retard for not tanking mobs that aggro'd to him because he was stood on the stairs. The group takes his side and starts joining in.

So I decide that it's no longer tanking time.

It's story time.

So I sat down and decided to tell them the story of Star Wars until my 15 minutes cooldown were up.

I only got up to the part where the Jawas took R2D2 and C3PO to sell before I got kicked :/ Woulda got further but I forgot the name of Princess Leia's ship and needed to check Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    have gotten similar situations, but that wasn't even the worst.
    What did happen to me was that in heroic DeadMines the 2h dps wep dropped.
    Me, being the only melee dpser, needed on it and thought I'd get it. But apparantly the tank wanted it too. He needed too adn won it.
    Now I didn't care much that I lsot it, because it was an ugly weapon and I jsut wanted my valor points also seeing him et kicked wouldbe good enough.

First I asked to give it back.....no one says anything......after a few other attempts at trying to work things out I open a votekick with reason being that he is a ninja.
    The votekick failed!
    It so happenend that a dps from my group was in his guild and kept him in somehow. Maybe votekick bugged or another non-guildie would rather run the isntance with a ninja tank than wait 2-3 min for a new tank.
    Before I could even say a word, I get kicked from the group.
    That just blew my mind. O_o

I mean wth!!
    It is one thing to have an item ninjaed from you, but that the random puggers would actually choose the ninja tank over me?
    Either they were friends but just not guildies or jsut really selfish players who would rather kick a dps and wiat 1 sec for a new one than kick the ninja and wait 2-3 min on a new tank.

If only my guild did more heroic runs, then I wouldnt have these kind of idiot situations.
    Better yet, if only WoW was a singleplayer game, or at least not massive multiplayer. (Yeh I know, if u dont like Massive MULTIPLAYER online rpg's then don't play wow, but the warcraft universe and their idea of a paladin is just unparalleled, if there was a game with lore jut as good as warcraft and a class similar to paladins with a decent gameplay, then I'd go for that, but most other games have crap lore or just suck gameplay-wise)

I hate that most of the human population, not just warcraft-playerbase, is stupid. Why can't they grow decent brains!
    Uhm...If I was in the tank or another DPS`er there, I so would have kicked you. In a 5 man pug, IF a item drops that is a improvment for either of your specs, your allowed to roll...sure it might be a bastard thing to do if your the tank and stealing a 2hander from the 2 melee DPS`ers in the group, that only came for that weapon...but as long as everyone contribute to killing a boss, and there are no pre-set lootrules, its fair game