Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stop saying "Is in a good place"

I got banned from the WoW forums for geting annoyed but why does everyone always say "Class is in a good place"

Is your Death Knight on vacation? Is your Feral Druid in heaven? Is your Frost Mage eating ice cream? Just say the class is fine on live, STOP SAYING "INSERT CLASS IS IN A GOOD PLACE"

Stop insisting people stop using a common phrase because it annoys you.

Cool your jets and move on.

You got banned for making a pointless thread. The thread is still pointless, even on these forums.

Why do you think it's your place to dictate how others communicate their feelings about a subject?

Oopsmezedya is in a good place

lolumadbro?
    Post constructive or don't post at all. /Dalliah
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-01-13 at 09:32 PM.

There are plenty of expressions which are used to mean something other than what they mean literally, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    I got banned from the WoW forums f
    i'll make sure to but that NEXT to my carebox,but never inside.

Cool your jets and move on.

Deleted
    ambiguous sayings are ambiguous maybe they took it the wrong way?

This thread will soon be in a good place - the deleted pile.

I got banned from the WoW forums for geting annoyed but why does everyone always say "Class is in a good place"

Is your Death Knight on vacation? Is your Feral Druid in heaven? Is your Frost Mage eating ice cream? Just say the class is fine on live, STOP SAYING "INSERT CLASS IS IN A GOOD PLACE"
    You got banned from the wow forums for being a metaphor Nazi. What makes you think things will end differently if you come here with the same inflated rant?

You'd be in a much better place if you just chillaxed a little, bro.

Here's the thing, its almost the same thing as saying L2P or QQ more, its just another overused phrase that only people use who cant thing of anything original

Get over the bad phrases, im tired of listening to l33t speak and nonsense MEME's on the internet, only YOU can change it

Chill with the overused Phrases and MEME's bro

Deleted
    while we are at it stop saying the following cause it grows tiring:

L2P
    INB4
    what is this I don't even...
    ^this
    every comment with cookie somewhere in it
    anything referring to "wrath babies" or similar
    QQ
    I call troll
    fail "insert word" is fail
    you mad bro

The list goes on but I think I made my point. Also stop using the letters A-Z (A-Ö for some countries) cause they have been used for far too long.

Oh and yeah writing stuff filled with irony and sarcasm is bad too.

Shall we make a contest of what I really think?
    1st prize is a cookie and last place is a hat saying "wrath baby"

I'm pretty sure that thousands of years of gradual changes in how languages develop isn't just going to stop because you don't like it.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is your Frost Mage eating ice cream?
    Just because your Frost Mage is eating ice cream (which I 100% agree is delicious btw, if you don't like ice cream you can basically gfto.), doesn't mean that your Frost Mage is 'in a good place.' Even though ice cream is great, it doesn't make terrible places good. Your Frost Mage could be eating ice cream at a terrible little kids birthday party that he is required to attend due to family/relationship obligations. Your Frost Mage could be eating ice cream in prison (inmates need dessert too). OR, perhaps even worse, your Frost Mage could be eating ice cream in New Jersey - Gross.

Also, the word "place" doesn't need to describe a physical location. Saying that "Class A is in a good place" is an easier way of saying that "Class A is performing well relatively to the other classes in the game." I don't know if this will change your mind, because if you find something annoying its hard to fix.

I for one cannot stand it when sportscasters say something like the following: "Shaq is out of the game with a knee" or "Brett Farve will be out 2-3 years with a hip" or "Manny will miss 2 weeks with a hamstring". I know that the world "injury" is implied after the body part, but it will forever annoy the heck out of me, so do some degree, I feel your pain. Luckily, "in a good place" doesn't bother me.

Ultimate Moderator Answer:

"This thread is in a good place.

*Locked*"
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

Here's the thing, its almost the same thing as saying L2P or QQ more, its just another overused phrase that only people use who cant thing of anything original

Get over the bad phrases, im tired of listening to l33t speak and nonsense MEME's on the internet, only YOU can change it

What is this I don't even...

"Here's the thing..." to you. (Why is it the thing by the way? Aren't there other things? What makes this one thing THE thing and not just A thing? How many times can different things be "the thing" before the phrase loses its meaning hmm?) Nobody cares what your preference on their vocabulary is. I think people sound like dumbasses when they say ridiculous shit like "irregardless," "a whole nother," or use words like "awsome" as a noun (i.e. full of awsome, that thing has so much awesome, etc.) but I deal with it because I learned when I was about 5 years old how to interact with other people without being a nag.

While we're on the subject, you're telling me to "get over" a bad phrase? Why not under, or around, or through? Why do I have to get OVER it?

All the damn internet literalists need to get over themselves. You're all worse than the people who say the stupid things to begin with.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2011-01-13 at 09:25 PM.

So you dont want leet speak and memes on the internet, which is where both were more or less created and are also more or less only used on such....ya gtfo?

this thread is not in a good place

It means they're in a good place on the list of classes, not like a physical location.

Deleted
    stop with the Memes -.- they get raped for about 2 years before springing up 3 years later only to cluster-screw you