Pugging Cata Raids

I in WotLK I pugged everything through putricide. I've reached the peak of what I can do with dungeons and I want to start seeing some raid encounters.

Should I even bother to try pugging a raid, and if I should which one?

Rag

Deleted
    Thats not even remotly possible... maybe if you could get all people on vent, but still.. you would wipe like crazy if someone doesnt know tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Baradin Hold very easy in a pug. The only other one I have attempted in a pug was BWD and we wiped a lot on Magmaw and eventually gave up. The only problem was the healing was not on par with what it should have been, everyone knew the tactics and stuff, healers just couldn't keep us up. But I think they are puggable with some non retards and vent.

Speaking from my server experience puggin BWD is probably the easiest thing at the moment. BoT and TotFW requires more co ordination than BWD imo because in bwd the co ordination required is mainly for obvious mechanics like add dps and movement out of fire. (At least the first 2 boss's). 10m is possible, 25m isn't. Get them all on vent and make sure the leader knows what he's doin. I managed to lead a pug of omni the other day and got it down in about an hr.. fell apart at magmaw and one of the tanks rq'd even though i think we coulda got it down with more patience.

Vent, Good Raid leading, people who WANT to progress and won't rage after 2 - 5 wipes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends a LOT on your server. On mine, there have been quite a few pugs already who have done the first 2 bosses in BWD and BoT as well as first boss of TotFW. I know some servers have issues with BH though lol, so it really depends.

Pugged Halfus, Magmaw & Omnotron so far (and bh boss ofc), didn't wipe that much and people in the group seemed to pick up the tactics fast. I'd say the determining factor on these kills was the fact that we used vent and comunicated well. Leader also led the group well and explained tacts well.

had some issues with the holidays early on with some people in my 10m group so i would grab 2-4 people from trade, got magmaw, omni, and halfus down 2 weeks in a row using pugs. i thank blizz for making heroics harder and forcing people to become better at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

pugging raids should never be possible

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I dont know why people act like pugging a raid makes it easy or something. A well run pug will get people who are geared and have read strats/etc online, and have everyone in vent. The only difference between it and a guild run is that the people might not all know each other that well, and they may not have been in the raid before. This isn't much different than a guild group going in and killing the first couple bosses their first time in there imo. Often a pug will actually have better geared people than that since the leaders are likely to be more demanding than they would with guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    You MIGHT (emphasis on the might), be able to pug Magmaw, and depending on the drake setup for the week, Halfus. However, if you pug people chances are, they've never done the fight before and aren't in a guild which raids, which is why they aren't saved. Therefore, get ready to wipe over and over till they learn, and you might not even down the boss then

15+ Year Old Account
    The key to a pug being successful imo is in 2 parts: Must have a leader who is experienced with the fights and knows how to explain them, and the people must be willing to put the time and wipes into it that is required to down it. A pug cant go in and expect to 2 or 3 shot a raid boss. If they are willing to stick with it and keep trying, there is a good chance they'll eventually get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    The key to a pug being successful imo is in 2 parts: Must have a leader who is experienced with the fights and knows how to explain them, and the people must be willing to put the time and wipes into it that is required to down it. A pug cant go in and expect to 2 or 3 shot a raid boss. If they are willing to stick with it and keep trying, there is a good chance they'll eventually get it.
    This. Nothing except lack of organization would stop a pug. If you get everyone in vent, and a person or persons that know the encounter, a pug could down a few bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amenthi View Post
    pugging current tier raids should never be possible
    Fixed that for you.

i just raid with a guild that i have friends in.