Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tremor totem = buff?

Perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding here, but if I read the changes for tremor it seems a direct buff, you can now break fear on yourself when it matters, without wasting the totem...

In addition it got extra fast pulses, so you dont get feared for 10 yards before it even starts working! Yet most shamans out here see it as a nerf, why?

I support this change btw, both for pvp and pve, since tremor was instagibbed anyways by good players in pvp..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A good team could stomp your totem while simultaneously fearing. A lot of people think it's a nerf because of the short uptime vs cooldown. However, when you actually need to use tremor, you can.

I think it's a good change.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    10 yards range (13 talented) is also a big nerf imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Against bad players who never stomped your totem into the ground, it's a nerf.

Against good players who did, it's a buff.

In PvE, honestly, I'll take a reliably controllable fear-break over the inconsistent tremor we had. The CD shouldn't be much issue, since there aren't many bosses who have a worrisome fear more than once a minute.

Buff or nerf depends on the situation you have. In case A, it is a buff. Case B, it is a nerf. I will say it is just a re-design.

i like it tbh.... 2 trinkets and its on a 1 min CD.... 1 min goes by quiiick. like when i use my sham rage its up b4 i even know it. itll be good against warriors and priests, locks are a diff story though. seeing as how fear is spammable
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

I'm pretty sure that fights like Beauty use fear more than once per minute.

Pretty sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseratho View Post
    10 yards range (13 talented) is also a big nerf imo
    On PTR the tooltip at least says it is 34 yards with 1 point in totemic reach still. Haven't had a chance to properly test if that is actually the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    major PVP nerf...
    for bad players its heavenly buff
    for "pros" its a MAJOR pvp nerf...since they know how to drop it and when...to not get it gibbed on bad situations
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

It is seen as a nerf because it is no longer a no-effort counter.
    You could put it down prior or during a fear cast and could be as good as immune until the warlock spent time specifically taking it out. Even with the extra utility in being an out, players don't like losing their automatic counters.
    Now it has to be used when it is actually needed, and with some thought due to the cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is seen as a nerf because it is no longer a no-effort counter.
    You could put it down prior or during a fear cast and could be as good as immune until the warlock spent time specifically taking it out. Even with the extra utility in being an out, players don't like losing their automatic counters.
    Now it has to be used when it is actually needed, and with some thought due to the cooldown.
    Good players had a totem stomping macro anyway. so pvp its a buff, and pve its a nerf.

Neither a buff or a nerf, just a revamp. At some points it will be an improvement such as when you are actually feared and you didn't have your tremor totem up, but a "nerf" if you need to dispel fear in Dungeons or if you are feared multiple times.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goozen View Post
    Good players had a totem stomping macro anyway. so pvp its a buff, and pve its a nerf.
    Good players know there are no totem stomping macros anymore. Mouseover macros are a totally different thing, at least they require any thought.

I'm wondering when and why they came to conclusion they should strip shamans from the group utility. This change is a buff to shamans and tremor themselves, but good luck with helping your group with that 10y range on a stationary stick.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the cooldown & short duration chiefly because I would use tremor to keep my healer and/or teammates able to do their job.

Drop it in a safe spot where it's hard to notice and it keeps your healer around. I would leave it back behind something or around a pillar/object and my healer would hang out there if I was getting focused in a lock combo. If someone became wise of tremor I'd drop it in a new spot and he'd move there.

I do love that it helps keep you on the target now - being that you can drop it while feared.

Just wish it had a shorter CD or longer duration.

There is one situation i can come up with where it will be a buff: Storming an enemy base in bg's or riding up to an enemy.
    In the situation above you will sometimes be feared out of surprise BEFORE you can put your totems down. Here it will come handy.

It's a nerf in longer fights, especially in ones where team work is well organized => arenas.
    Current tremor will be fastly stomped by a good warlock atm. However, a good enh also notices when his totems get stomped, and replants instantly. The tremor totem stomping fights against good priests/warlocks are like a high lvl chess game where the best will win.

With the change you have a 1minute cd no-brainer tool, which will get you (and/or possibly team members) out of one fear for sure.
    If you were playing arena and were unable to win in tremor gfights against good warlocks/priests, one tremor break is obviously better than none, but if you were able to break out of it more than that, it's a nerf.

So it's actually a nerf for good shamans a nerf for bad shamans and probably a buff when playing against team with warriors as the only fear-class, since they only can use it once every what, 5 minutes?

I strongly suggest blizz to turn this change into a glyph, like totem of grounding. I want to have a choice in this matter.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2011-01-14 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what happens it wont go back to it's original design since blizzard are moving away from hard counters (like they explained with druid shapeshift change). Besides the current tremor was horrible, especially for bgs.

Basically an aoe lichborne now on 1 min cd... Huge buff

15+ Year Old Account
    i said in another thread (im bad at tracking what threads i post in, bad habit) the tremor totem change is looking like a buff for the shaman, but a slight handicap for his teammates.

you can't just break every fear off your team on a dime now, your partners are actually going to have to interrupt the right fears and are going to be sitting through a lot more fear peels. this is a stealth buff for priests and warriors, a ridiculous buff for affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmin View Post
    major PVP nerf...
    for bad players its heavenly buff
    for "pros" its a MAJOR pvp nerf...since they know how to drop it and when...to not get it gibbed on bad situations

You gotta be kidding me, how do you want to stop a priest or affli lock from blowing your totem up and fearing you the same second? Great locks or priests can, bads won't even try to melee tremor down. So it's actually a great buff for 'pros'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

its a needed change, the pulse was to slow and random for serious raiding/pvp. Albeit ill judge when I actually need/get to use it.