Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might consider (if you haven't already) posting this on the official Blizz forums as feedback on the encounter, as blizzard did state that they want 10 and 25 to be similar difficulty - this type of feedback may help with tuning it correctly.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    stack demo locks
    and shaft everyone else. No, bad. "bring the player not the class" This is a tuning issue that blizzard should address, not force raids to sideline core raiders and bring in alts to complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    That HP difference seems like a big oversight on Blizz. They did say how they wanted the difficulty and the encounter to be the same on both fights (10/25 man) But the health pools don't seem to recognize the lower raid #'s you have. Idk though - I haven't attempted him on 10 or 25.

Edit: Also - rather than posting this here...it might be a better idea to post on the official forums.

Blizzard and MMO-Champ are two different things. I'd say it's highly unlikely that Blizzard looks over these forums about complaints/bugs/etc.

and shaft everyone else. No, bad. "bring the player not the class" This is a tuning issue that blizzard should address, not force raids to sideline core raiders and bring in alts to complete.
    + your stacking potential as 10man guild is most likely limited

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomity View Post
    You might consider (if you haven't already) posting this on the official Blizz forums as feedback on the encounter, as blizzard did state that they want 10 and 25 to be similar difficulty - this type of feedback may help with tuning it correctly.

well no its not really bad at all, you cans it here and cry and hope they patch it, or you can go get it done.
    we didn't say "bring the player not the class" and oh hey look we killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomity View Post

I posted this on official forums, hp difference and all details on two threads, no blue response yet. But can someone tell me is enrage timer for sure 15 min on 25 hc? It's supposed to be 10 on 10 man hc but not sure now, didn't actually hit it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    But can someone tell me is enrage timer for sure 15 min on 25 hc? It's supposed to be 10 on 10 man hc but not sure now, didn't actually hit it.
    It says 14minutes for me with BigWigs.
    Anyhow yes, the hp difference is indeed ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    That HP difference seems like a big oversight on Blizz. They did say how they wanted the difficulty and the encounter to be the same on both fights (10/25 man) But the health pools don't seem to recognize the lower raid #'s you have. Idk though - I haven't attempted him on 10 or 25.

Edit: Also - rather than posting this here...it might be a better idea to post on the official forums.

Blizzard and MMO-Champ are two different things. I'd say it's highly unlikely that Blizzard looks over these forums about complaints/bugs/etc.
    I had a post up, 2 actually but I got banned for bumping them lol. Yay @ blizz nazis.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypx View Post
    It says 14minutes for me with BigWigs.
    Anyhow yes, the hp difference is indeed ridiculous.
    It's not 14 minutes. Bigwigs is wrong.

Deleted
    On 25 more things happen and more of the same come at same time, so the mobs have less HP otherwise pure chaos would just follow.Look further than numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    On 25 more things happen and more of the same come at same time, so the mobs have less HP otherwise pure chaos would just follow.Look further than numbers.
    Eh okey, so for example LK10hc should have around 70m hp since its harder in 25man, cause its much more chaos!!
    Last edited by madmessias; 2011-01-15 at 02:37 PM. Reason: wrong numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Yeah I guess we SHOULD make each person do 3 times the DPS as a person in a 25 man raid, just goes to show how much harder 10 mans are in cataclysm!

We're currently working on this encounter on heroic mode, planning to have a kill on Sunday. We're having 0 problems with the adds however, both the ones in the dark phase and the green phase. They die way ahead of time in some cases. I am personally tanking the abberations, and I try to do as much damage as possible to them as I tank them. I do NOT kite them. Even with the damage reduction buffs they get, I manage to do a substantial amount of damage to them myself before they're put into position to be killed. I don't know what your group could be doing wrong since you say you have good dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefits View Post
    We're currently working on this encounter on heroic mode, planning to have a kill on Sunday. We're having 0 problems with the adds however, both the ones in the dark phase and the green phase. They die way ahead of time in some cases. I am personally tanking the abberations, and I try to do as much damage as possible to them as I tank them. I do NOT kite them. Even with the damage reduction buffs they get, I manage to do a substantial amount of damage to them myself before they're put into position to be killed. I don't know what your group could be doing wrong since you say you have good dps.
    Pheonix is a 25 man guild right? So did you not read the OP? We have 10+ seconds left on the black adds but aren't even getting close to aberrations dieing on 10 man. Look at the health difference.

The amount of HP they have on 10 man as compared to 25 man seems fine for the encounter, especially considering it's heroic. Just make sure the tank that is in charge of the aberations is doing as much damage as possible to them. If you have dot classes, they can throw a few dots on them before the AOE phase. When the green phase does come, make sure the add tank has them in position to be AOE'd on top of the boss well before it's time to do so. Having them all fully debuffed as much as possible before the AOE phase will greatly help as well. If they don't all die during the green phase, make sure a few dps stay on them until they're dead and continue with the encounter, despite the damage reducing buff.

Edit: I just saw you said you're AOEing 9 adds. Why in the world are you letting that many out per phase?
    Edit 2: Nevermind, I didn't know the difference between 10 and 25 man, but now I see.
    Last edited by Benefits; 2011-01-16 at 05:54 AM.

Bla bla bla got pissed about this topic why? cuz if something is harder in 10 than 25 it doesnt mean that 10 content is actually harder. Also even if adds got 1,8 mil in 10 and 25 2,5k, why doesnt bosse's go 2,5 ratio then?
    Maloriaks hp (got it from first site where it was and yes its normal hp pool)
    20.6million(10m) / 72.2million(25m) health

Also u guys can consider going with 2 healers instead of 3 so u gain more aoe etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefits View Post
    The amount of HP they have on 10 man as compared to 25 man seems fine for the encounter, especially considering it's heroic. Just make sure the tank that is in charge of the aberations is doing as much damage as possible to them. If you have dot classes, they can throw a few dots on them before the AOE phase. When the green phase does come, make sure the add tank has them in position to be AOE'd on top of the boss well before it's time to do so. Having them all fully debuffed as much as possible before the AOE phase will greatly help as well. If they don't all die during the green phase, make sure a few dps stay on them until they're dead and continue with the encounter, despite the damage reducing buff.

Edit: I just saw you said you're AOEing 9 adds. Why in the world are you letting that many out per phase?

This is a troll post right? You really think that needing over DOUBLE per p the amount of DPS per person is fine for the encounter? So 10 man, bringing 5 dps needs to burn 1.8 mil per add, (essentially 360,000 per person)compared to 25 man which is 2.5 million for 16 people (or essentially 156,250 per person) Even bringing 10 DPS to the 10 man (leaving no healers or tanks; since I seem to have to spell everything out to you) is 180,000 Dmg per person, which is STILL MORE DAMAGE THEN 25 MAN.

If you don't understand that, then you are probably a HS drop out.

" Bla bla bla got pissed about this topic why? cuz if something is harder in 10 than 25 it doesnt mean that 10 content is actually harder. Also even if adds got 1,8 mil in 10 and 25 2,5k, why doesnt bosse's go 2,5 ratio then?
    Maloriaks hp (got it from first site where it was and yes its normal hp pool)
    20.6million(10m) / 72.2million(25m) health

Also u guys can consider going with 2 healers instead of 3 so u gain more aoe etc. "

Another dumb post, you didn't even post the heroic values, they are scaled to where they should be, about 3.1 times more health for 25 man then 10, since they have 16 dps compared to 5.

25 man raiders that don't have a clue what they're talking about make me lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree the 10man's, nearly ALL of them need a serious retuning. Some are far easier than 25 (alakir) but most are stupidly harder and it does seem that blizzard balanced all the encounters around 25man then simply reduced the bosses hp for 10man without properly testing/tuning the 10man mechanics.

Any fight that has 3 tanks in 25man needs to be changed to be 2 tanked in 10man(removing MS effects or stacking debuffs that make it cheese to bring a 3rd tank on 25man) that or they make the enrage and dps checks on 10man tweaked so that bringing 3 tanks 3 healers and 4 dps is viable currently doing such a thing is madness and will force enrages on quite a few fights especially fights with a "soft execute enrage" like maloriak and Chimaron.

I'm going to stop trying to help you. You're attitude towards people trying to give you advice seems very hostile simply because they raid in a 25 man guild. No matter what version of the instance a person may raid, the suggestions given here have all been valid and are legit ways to accomplish what you're trying to do. I admit I don't know the differences between the versions because I haven't tried the 10 man heroic of this fight, but none the less, the suggestions you've been given are valid and you're reacting to us like we're the ones making it impossible for you to kill adds.

Don't ask for help if you're just going to lash out at the people giving it to you.

imo this is thread is just whining - the bosses CAN be killed on 10 man you just need to step up your game - blizzard have done an awesome job of making sure that both types of raids are pretty much equal and i for one think that less time should be spent complaining and more time spent trying, maybe that way you would actually kill some hardmodes,