Snowboarding, Blading, and Skiing

So, i just wanted to start an offtopic thread for those of us who love the powder. Where do you ride at? What kinda board/ski's do you ride? You guys know the deal. Currently, I'm riding a Ride Kink 156 Wide with Ride Ex bindings, though i'm looking at picking up some Burton Cartel's to replace those ex's. I just love the highbacks when i rode my friends custom that had cartel EST's on em. I've also got a trip planned for February to go ride with some friends out at Beaver Creek.

Edit: Can this get moved to sports? I didn't notice there was a sports thread xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralook View Post
    So, i just wanted to start an offtopic thread for those of us who love the powder. Where do you ride at? What kinda board/ski's do you ride? You guys know the deal. Currently, I'm riding a Ride Kink 156 Wide with Ride Ex bindings, though i'm looking at picking up some Burton Cartel's to replace those ex's. I just love the highbacks when i rode my friends custom that had cartel EST's on em. I've also got a trip planned for February to go ride with some friends out at Beaver Creek.

Edit: Can this get moved to sports? I didn't notice there was a sports thread xD
    I did snowkiting once and call me a idiot but i used my wakeboard i took the fins of it and used it.... and tbh it was kinda cool It was in High Tatry Slovakia.
    Sadly can't skii (

Deleted
    Snowboarding FTW

imo it just looks so much cooler then Skiing :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, cool! I love the powder myself, and over the holidays I have gotten myself 2 new pairs of skiis Line Sir Francis Bacon and Line Afterbang Stepup! The SFB´s are my off-piste skiis, while the Stepup´s are going to be my all-round ski that I do all kinds of stupid and fun shit on! Sadly I havent been able to use them yet, fucking mock exams! Ah well, I ski mostly in Norway, but some years my family goes to the alps, and it´s gooooood fun! Hope that there are more people on these forums that love the sport!
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

I only live about 30 minutes away from the austrian alps but my exercise in skiing/boarding is limited to get up the hill and down to the very first ski hut as i find skiing/boarding quite dangerous because i fell over a lot.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

I usually travel to Vermont, I live at the Jersey Shore, if I dont have time to travel that far. I usually just go into PA and go to the Pocono MTs. Elk almost near the NY state boarder is my preferred mountain there.

I ride a Nitro Misfit 09' 152, Flow NXT AT Bindings and Nitro Team boots, total setup I think runs just shy of a grand.

Now for clothing, it's all Foursquare and Dakine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the sports forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnardarkan View Post
    Now for clothing, it's all Foursquare and Dakine.
    This is the reason I stopped going to hills years ago and now stick to backcountry... Damn snowhipsters, get off my pow...
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

umm ya I been wearing Foursquare before Foursquare was "cool" about 15 years ago. Now if I started snowboarding yesterday and was all like "OMG FOURSQUARE IS LIKE TEH BOMB DIGGITY CAUSE ALL THE COOL PEOPLE WEAR IT" Than you got some credibility, but I'd be honest, Foursquare has been making better quality stuff at cheaper price than most companies on the mountain.
    Last edited by Ragnardarkan; 2011-01-14 at 06:57 PM.

Living in Colorado I pretty much ride all season. Local Mountain is the small Powderhorn that I worked at as a instructor for years. It only has 3 lifts but some awesome tree glades and boulder fields. Besides that Aspen is a hour away, Telluride, Cresta Butte, Breck, Keystone, Copper all two hours away. Shaping up to be a pretty good snow season this year too (last year kinda sucked).

I have a Neversummer Legacy 159 for deep days and a Neversummer Heritage 156 for park and crusing. Ride bindings, and burton boots although i just ordered a pair of the new 686/New balance boots to check them out.

Live in New England myself....skiied alot but haven't been in 5 years since high school. Around here and within 2-3 hours driving, Vermont has the best skiiing...thats where I prefer to go. Have my own stuff but I couldn't tell you for the life of me what they are. I actually love skiiing but its expensive as all hell, time consuming if you actually want to spend a considerable amount of time there, and I'd prefer to go with someone.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Living in Austria I go skiing nearly every weekend when the weather isn't too bad. Slopes are about 45min away even though I live pretty close to Vienna, but I prefer driving a few minutes more and have less crowded slopes.

Deleted
    twintips ftw!

Living in Stockholm and skiing for about 4 times per year (usually 2 2days-trips and 1-2x 4-7 days). It's the best thing I know. The closest mountain that is worth mentioning is 3 hours away ;s I've done the steepest slope in Scandinavia; Chocken 49 degrees in Idre, Sweden. Would be funny to know if there is some slope that is steeper then that one in the alpes or some other place ;D. I got some strange feet problems that like only 5 other people in Europe have and cuz of that my balance sucks so I hate off pist ;<
    Last edited by partysvensk; 2011-02-25 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Northern California. Sierra @ Tahoe is my "home" mountain. I rock a pretty old and dated M3 board.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

ive gone skiing a few times and love it, went for a whole week last year, best week all year. i don't have my own skis though =[ (pretty expensive) but i would like to get my own boots at least before this season, luckily there is a place where you can hire alright skis near the mountain i go to (Mt. Ruapehu, Turoa)
    Last edited by shocktopuslol; 2011-02-26 at 01:06 AM.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

I live just outside of vancouver canada, I ski whistler, blackcomb, and seymour when hanging around the local westcoast mountains, when i go to the interior of the province I hit sun peaks (yah Austrian's team has a slope of their own there) and revelstoke (just reopened a couple of years ago and is ALL the rage now).

For the groomed runs and park I use some rossi semi twin tips (I still like to be able to carve in some tree'd area's)

When i back country and hit glaciers I have some longer Solomon alpine's with glacier tips.

It's pretty good here, the mountains around vancouver can all be day tripped,
    and really, the packages you can get from the mountains in the interior ofter attractive prices for some of the best skiing in the world.

Having a buddy who works at one of those mountains is even better
    I go visit for a week every season.
    Ofc he has a seasons pass and uses it every freakin day, big farm kid too, so he can ski my ass into he ground, so I never get bored skiing with him.

I've done both boarding and skiing, I prefer skiing, personal flavor, maybe my age showing, and I dislike sitting on my ass at the bottom of jumps, and you have to do that to be a cool snowboard kid around here
    But I still board with certain friends, depends who I hang with, I just seem to get to spend more time actually going down slopes with skiers currently.
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-02-26 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snowboarding.

I ride a Rome Manual 59 with Rome SDS 390 Black stripe bindings and Rome SDS Smith black boots,Demon bag to keep the board save when I travel with it.All in all the board looks sexy as hell its black and white with black bindings.

I ride mostly in Iceland tho I try to go out of the country to go snowboarding as much as I can.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I have a pair of blades, and I haven't used them in years.

Not much for mountains in Nova Scotia, and they are quite a drive away. Last time I went blading was before TBC was released... lol.
    red panda red panda red panda!