Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Chimaeron as a Resto Druid.

My guild just tried Chimaeron for the first time today and I'm having problems with this fight. Nothing on my spellbook can heal for over 10k in less than 3 seconds, Nourish without Mastery or a HoT is like 6600 non crit and Regrowth is like 7500, Healing Touch is 20k but not mana efficient since half of that is wasted.

The healers for my 10 man group are a Holy Paladin, Holy Priest and Resto Druid ( me, duh ). Should I be on Tank healing and leave the raid for the other 2 healers/Wild Growth?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    My guild just tried Chimaeron for the first time today and I'm having problems with this fight. Nothing on my spellbook can heal for over 10k in less than 3 seconds, Nourish without Mastery or a HoT is like 6600 non crit and Regrowth is like 7500, Healing Touch is 20k but not mana efficient since half of that is wasted.

The healers for my 10 man group are a Holy Paladin, Holy Priest and Resto Druid ( me, duh ). Should I be on Tank healing and leave the raid for the other 2 healers/Wild Growth?
    My guild did him with holy paladin(me), restro druid, shaman and what we ended up doing was exactly that.

Me and shaman on the random people getting hit by toxic and after massacre using the raid ui we had druid help on one guy and then keep on healing tanks but yea i agree, you should be tankhealing for the most of the time.

it worked out pretty well.

Deleted
    There is another post somewhere around that this was discussed.

But i think the summary is that we are best put on tanks and leave the other healers to raid healing here.

You need a fast heal (way faster than 3secs, because with 3 secs you run the risk of the person getting hit again by something before the heal finishes) that can guarantee to heal for over 10k. My regrowth will heal for over 10k most of the time (high crit chance talented) but not every time, which makes me weak at this and so i put myself on the tanks

I think it should be possible to use regrowth on them and if they are still under 10k then hit them with a rejuv which should instantly heal the difference. Alteratively, you could cast wildgrowth before hand (should smart heal on the people with the lowest health) and have a mastery boosted regrowth.

Neither is mana efficient, when you compare to a pala/priest/shaman that can flash heal for 10k+

Deleted
    Shouldn't glyph of regrowth be able to help druid keep up the hp on the raid while backed up by a paladin?

I think i'm gonna volunteer myself as the tank healer for this fight, i recommend this for you too. I

t feels so WIERD that i'm healing the tank, coming in from WOTLK content. I've got an itchy rejuve trigger finger that i can't quite get over, i'm sometimes still pre-hotting max health dps (sigh@self).

Tank healing it is now i guess

We use Paladin/Shaman on the raid, because their instants are awesome to get people above 10k. The Druid keeps the MT above 10k (which is extremely easy with a Beacon and a Lifebloom stack on him) and helps out on Massacre with Wild Growth. Everyone tops of the OT whenever he has nothing else to do.

During Fued, Resto Shamans are pretty nice on 10M actually. Once everyone is stable for the first Feud AoE tick (which is what Radiance, Light of Dawn and Chain Heal are for), Rejuvenations on everyone help a lot to keep everyone above 10k until the post Feud Massacre, where he goes back to tank spamming.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

15+ Year Old Account
    Heal the tank, cushion the raid with some WG. The other 2 healers are pretty much optimal for dealing with caustic slime and massacre.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did it on heroic yesterday where I was healing the raid. HT should be fine and not get you oom aslong as you just assign who to heal so you wont heal anyone except the one you are supposed too

Did this the first time yesterday, killed it pretty easily with rdruid/rshaman/hpriest. Priest/Shaman did caustic slimes, I just tank healed. Leaving a 3lb on the OT and a constant rejuv on the MT, healing up the OT with HT/nourish after double strike, WG after massacre.

Deleted
    Yep, I'm also tank healing on this encounter. You simply cannot heal caustic slimes, unless you hope for a regrowth crit every time and have endless mana

Deleted
    I was on the tank. I kept LBx3 on the offtank, and found that rejuv + splash AoE healing was keeping the MT above 10k.

It seemed impossible at first, but once we figured out the healing strategy - and realised we had to ignore all the strategy guides that said "swap tanks at 3 stacks of break" - it because easy.

As several have already pointed out, our strength for this fight lies in efficient tank healing and unfourtunately not quick raid healing. Sadly, on live servers the other 3 healing classes are better suited at that role than us. I suspect things will change a little after 4.0.6 drops, but for now tank heal if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    The healing must be arranged pretty well in chimaeron. One healer on group 1, one healer on group 2 and one healer on tanks. Split the players who have powerful self heal on both groups, so they can be ignored (Rogue recuperate, Affli wlock, etc.) If you have a shaman, healing stream is very useful. Chain the healing cooldowns such as tranguility or divine hymn on different feuds.

Druids are pretty good on healing the raid in this boss; to heal the poison bombs; use regrowth every minute to gain the buff and on every clearcasting. If there is just one bomb in your group, use reju and then nourish. If two, use regrowth on one / reju+swiftmend and then reju + nourish. Massacre; use WG and put few rejuvenations on the raid

if you are healing the tank, just do as you always do while single target healing, just remember to heal the tank who takes the double attack.
    I tried to sleep on my keyboard - Not a good idea, WASD on the cheek in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpongled View Post
    Yep, I'm also tank healing on this encounter. You simply cannot heal caustic slimes, unless you hope for a regrowth crit every time and have endless mana
    I did both tank and raid healing on Chimaeron - both works just fine.

When I raid healed it with our shaman, each of us healed both caustic slime targets with Regrowth/Healing Surge - not too mana-efficient but its very safe because you have some room for error (e.g. slight delay due to connection issues).
    I didn't have the chance to try it yet, but Glyph of Regrowth could be a nice boost also.

I had problems healing this fight too, I'm undergeared compared to the other druids in my guild, they might be able to get away with a rejuvenation if talented with Gift of the Earth Mother, and a regrowth.

And just responding to your point about using the glyphed regrowth.. it has a desireable effect in this encounter, however regrowth still isn't very mana efficient anyway, so u may not get all the use out of it that you would like to. For me it did have some good rolling hots which i noticed did help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    I did both tank and raid healing on Chimaeron - both works just fine.

When I raid healed it with our shaman, each of us healed both caustic slime targets with Regrowth/Healing Surge - not too mana-efficient but its very safe because you have some room for error (e.g. slight delay due to connection issues).
    I didn't have the chance to try it yet, but Glyph of Regrowth could be a nice boost also.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your comp shouldn't have an issues. I put our druid on tank healing. Holy Paladins and Priests both have like 4 different heals that are under 2 sec cast to heal a target with for over 10k guaranteed, depending on their spellpower and haste I suppose.

A resto druid can, but it would always be 2 casts per target to guarantee, or one long cast. When you get a caustic and a quick massacre, that may cause deaths?

Good luck. We just downed him last night, sadly. Only raid like once a week though.

Quote Originally Posted by tivook View Post
    Shouldn't glyph of regrowth be able to help druid keep up the hp on the raid while backed up by a paladin?
    I tried it but regrowth hot is too weak.

OT: our healing setup is RDruid, HPriest and RShaman. We don't have any specified roles such tank and raid healers. Everyone just heals everyone and it is working very well. Every slime I put rejuv on the both targets and with help of the other two healers we get them over 10k. I am saving SM if someone is still under 10k just before next slime.

Our only concern about this fight since the begining was shadow priest killing himself

I tank heal on this fight like other people seem to do a lot, I find that I can heal the Tank and off tank pretty much by myself With just Rejuv on both and LB on who ever is eating the Double strike. I throw WG on the raid when I have a spare GCD.

Healing on this fight is kind of sketchy, however i heal group 5 alone and we do fine.

Although 25 man, i stick lbx3 on the hunter. lbx3 alone is fine and you shouldn't have to worry about that person. Save swiftmend for a non-crit rg. You can get really unlucky, and have like 3 secs to heal up two people, and if neither RG crits you can only sm one. Usually a healer from another group chips in, but you can get really unlucky.

Another option would be to keep lbx3 rolling on someone, and keep a rejuv rolling on 2 people to make it easier to heal them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this one on 10 man with holy priest, resto druid and me as holy paladin.

Me and the holy priest were on the raid, each focusing on 1 group, trying to avoid overhealing.

the druid kept the tanks high, with me helping him out when needed.

make sure the tanks start using cooldowns at 2 stacks of the debuff, since you want to preserve your mana for the aoe heal phases

We also had a cooldown rotation on the feuds (me popping guardian an spamming DL on 1, druid using tranq on the other, divine hymn)

once you get the hang of it, the boss should go down without too much problems.

remember that after 20% you are basicly just useless so if needed don't be afraid to go low on mana near that phase