Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Holy - Conviction Wastes 3 talent points!?

So i stumble on this post this morning
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...85603?page=1#6
    I confirmed it myself a min ago through holy radiance. (1540 heals on me, 1340 on friendly target) and according to a gm response (included to the post as an ss) its intended and the bonus healing indeed only works on ourselves.

Now that sucks but it kinda made me wanna try a spec where i use those 3 points to other talents and i came up with
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIozrdukfdhbZco

i even had 1 talent point left over.

Now do you think its worth not specing it, after all its 9% self heal which besides giving us better survivability...
    Combinded with the upcoming nerf on Protector of the innocest it will come down to ~39% or so less passive self healing, although poi did like a mil overheal most of teh times it was good having it when needed, not to mention BoL procs from it so the more self heal we get the more gets transfered to the tank.

Looking forward to replies.
    Last edited by mmoced399f01e9; 2011-01-14 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceDaylight View Post
    So i stumble on this post this morning
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...85603?page=1#6
    I confirmed it myself a min ago through holy radiance. (1540 heals on me, 1340 on friendly target) and according to a gm response (included to the post as an ss) its intended and the bonus healing indeed only works on ourselves.

Now that sucks but it kinda made me wanna try a spec where i use those 3 points to other talents and i came up with
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIozrdukfdhbZco

i even had 1 talent point left over.

Now do you think its worth not specing it, after all its 9% self heal which besides giving us better survivability...
    Combinded with the upcoming nerf on Protector of the innocest it will come down to ~39% or so less passive self healing, although poi did like a mil overheal most of teh times it was good having it when needed, not to mention BoL procs from it so the more self heal we get the more gets transfered to the tank.

Looking forward to replies.
    All I can think is, either the GM don't know his shit or they need to change the tooltip for it.

Deleted
    Truth is im having doubts of the credibility of the GM so i will open a ticket and post the reply.
    Nevertheless conviction doesnt affect friendly targets which is the main issue here.

I'm fairly sure Conviction does buff all healing by 9%. The reason why you heal more on yourself than others is because of the protection talent, Divinity - Increases all healing done by you and all healing effects on you by 6%.

Deleted
    just speced to all holy talents without any sub tree talents, 1400 heals on self, 1260 on friendly targets.

Deleted
    just speced to all holy talents without any sub tree talents, 1400 heals on self, 1260 on friendly targets.
    Do people stand on you(precise) so not a bit around you? If so than it's the distance and the way Holy radiance work(also you also have to factor in that you're the center point and that you're center point is most of the time not where you ally is standing with his center point. I know strange way of explaining it ). Unlike AoE damage that works with our edge and not our center I think the healing works differently(with the center point).

If that isn't the case than blizzard fails again on talent tree explanation and tooltips(btw when is teh mastery change going live ).

Deleted
    Yes target was in range
    Screenshot: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1...1411124706.jpg
    i do not have the divinity prot talent on this pic.

Im still waiting on a gm reply on wether or not it was intended, my ticket vanished and i was asked to fill a survey with no gm reply on my chatlog,(what the hell...) so now im reopening it

Funny thing is, the Radiance tooltip actually updates when Conviction is up. From 1429 to 1472 healing done per tick (exactly 3%) at one stick of Conviction in my gear. Seems to me it is a bug, if even the Radiance tooltip says it should heal for more on others with Conviction.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Look at Divinity, now back at Conviction. Now back to Divinity.
    Still having trouble figuring out why you were healing yourself for more?

Deleted
    Yes target was in range

Im still waiting on a gm reply on wether or not it was intended, my ticket vanished and i was asked to fill a survey with no gm reply on my chatlog,(what the hell...) so now im reopening it
    Seems you don't get me. I mean let the person stand precisely on you and not next to you, cause every step means the heal is lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DR of Holy Radiance only starts at 8 yards tho, so if you're standing RIGHT next to eachother, it heals as if you're standing on top of him.

Seems true, though I am very surprised this hasn't surfaced before. Didn't take long testing (some spamming of HoL in Stormwind) to see that HoL on meself stays consistently under 10k noncrit without conviction, but when conviction stacks up the amount healed crawls up nicely to 10.2-10.6-10.9k per HoL. Repeating the same on a different person, HoL kept healing a consistent 9.2-9.5k regardless of Conviction stacks. Can we haz a blue on this?

Deleted
    I would say it's HR that's bugged since Divinity - Increases all healing done by you and all healing effects on you by 6%.

That means all the healing you do i increased with 6%, that also the healing you do one yourself AND then add 6% again because it also affect healing done to you, nothing said about the healing have to come from other players

Conviction on the other hand should do what it says otherwise blizz should change it.

Deleted
    Not to mention in PvP your crit chance is already low and I don't even manage to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Azome View Post
    I would say it's HR that's bugged since Divinity - Increases all healing done by you and all healing effects on you by 6%.

That means all the healing you do i increased with 6%, that also the healing you do one yourself AND then add 6% again because it also affect healing done to you, nothing said about the healing have to come from other players

Conviction on the other hand should do what it says otherwise blizz should change it.
    Except this happens with all spells, not only with HR. All heals will be affected double from Divinity when both the caster and target is you. I wouldn't complain much about this :>

Conviction on the other hand... is broken. It doesn't have a high uptime with current gear any way and so if it only affects us it's in no way worth 3 talent points, even if PotI and EJ are affected - so I very much doubt it is working as intended (wrong tooltip).
    Last edited by Valamivan; 2011-01-14 at 02:05 PM.

To everyone saying it's Divinity, Trance already tested this as he said in the quote above. It also happens without Divinity. Divinity would add 6% to your self healing, 1260 over 1400 is much closer to 9% than to 6%. Also, it is noticable using all our heals, but Radiance is the most easily tested as it's healing isn't a range (like Holy Light etc.) but a set number.

You could also check the difference between the actual healing done and the tooltip, as the tooltip updates with Conviction stacks. If both numbers aren't identical, something is wrong.
    Last edited by Fizzlebeard; 2011-01-14 at 02:02 PM.

I tried this WITH the Divinity talent, and at 3 stacks my HR ticked higher than at 0 stacks, on both myself and the group.
    will update for screenshots if requested

Deleted
    Yes target was in range

Target was within 8 yards, in this picture i do NOT have divinity, i said i speced to all holy talents without any sub trees

Deleted
    Just tested it with and without Divinity, didn't get any higher ticks on my group.

Maybe it is only bugged for people outside of your group/raid? People in your raid are affected by the +9% healing done, but people outside won't?

Screenshots are always nice Elessa!