New alch caster trinket...

Is the new alch caster trinket worth the time to lvl alch for and how does it compare to other ones that are aviable now?

any thoughts on this is greatly app.

stats will be 301int red socket with a 10 int bonus on equip 194 haste(with a 40% boost from mana pots)

For most caster stat priority is Int, Spell Power, Hit to cap, Crit then mastery/haste

So yes this trinket is very nice for a stepping stone to raiding trinkets.

Very nice for healers, I play both a mage and holly priest and with the extra mana on top of the other stats I would say for any caster/healer who is alchy this is a nice shinny trinket ) Esp with the ability to reforge the haste to crit if desired.

Side note: I haven't done the math to prove one way or the other

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your spec and stats, but if you slap a 40 Int gem in there it makes it the highest Int trinket currently available outside of Heroic trinkets (351 Int from the Alchemy trinket vs 321 Int for Normal raid trinkets and 363 Int for Heroic raid trinkets). The haste could also be greatly valued by some, and the +healing/mana potion effect is a nice bonus if you're a healer.

I don't know how much priests value haste, or whether disc or holy get more benefit from it, but in general it's a very nice healing trinket.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=68777 here is the Wowhead link to the item.

Assuming max mana gained, you get:

Mythical Mana Potion: 10750+4300 (40%)=15050

Potion of Concentration: 22000+8800(40%)=30800

I put it over Core of Ripeness (but not quite above Fall of Mortality) as far as trinkets go for healing, but YMMV.

If you're Shadow, I think there might be other alternatives for you, but the trinket is still decent as Int=SP and haste isn't bad either (you could reforge it if you prefer). You just probably won't get as much use out of the +mana potion effect of it.

In a nutshell, OMG I can't wait for 4.06 to hit so I can make me one! XD
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-01-14 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Clarification and mathz

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I put it over Core of Ripeness (but not quite above Fall of Mortality) as far as trinkets go for healing, but YMMV.
    Explain please. On average they're exactly equal. In practice Core of Ripeness destroys Fall of Mortality because you can line it up with Mana Tide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Explain please. On average they're exactly equal. In practice Core of Ripeness destroys Fall of Mortality because you can line it up with Mana Tide.
    spirit on use trinkets don't line up with MT in 4.06 anymore
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    1) As the poster above me stated, it won't line up with OOMtide in 4.06, and
    2) Fall has a shorter ICD, meaning it will proc almost twice as often as Core would be up (in theory), and they have an identical amount of Spirit. So no, they're not exactly equal on average, because you'd get more procs from Fall than you'd get from Use on Core.

As I said though, this is just how I view it and YMMV.

You're forgetting that the use from Core of Ripeness lasts 5 seconds longer than the proc from Fall of Mortality. Math shows that they average to exactly the same amount of spirit. That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

I made a thread about trinkets, if you want numbers. (here).

I'll agree that with the Mana Tide change, core of ripeness won't be better anymore. I forgot about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're forgetting that the use from Core of Ripeness lasts 5 seconds longer than the proc from Fall of Mortality. Math shows that they average to exactly the same amount of spirit. That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

I made a thread about trinkets, if you want numbers. (here).

I'll agree that with the Mana Tide change, core of ripeness won't be better anymore. I forgot about that.
    Thanks for the numbers, I no speaky math well. Your math does indicate that with the uptime that WOL shows Fall at, that it would be the same, only with Fall you don't have to bother with trying to use it exactly as it comes off cooldown, which for people like me that forget Use trinkets means that Fall is still better. For me. Between Fall and Core your math indicates that it's more of a playstyle preference at this point.

When you made the calculation, did you factor in how the Intellect on the trinket affects the regen from the Spirit on it? I don't remember exactly the formula, but the mana you gain from Spirit is affected by the square root of your Intellect.

That's neither here nor there though and we're getting off topic. Basically, the Alchemy trinket is delicious and if you benefit from the Int and the haste, you probably want it.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-01-14 at 08:35 PM.

the spec i play is indeed shadow im just trying to figure out if the fulltime int/haste is viable over the on use/chance to proc trinkets

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sikjak View Post
    the spec i play is indeed shadow im just trying to figure out if the fulltime int/haste is viable over the on use/chance to proc trinkets
    for shadow i would use the equip/proc trinkets, for healing i would do the on use trinkets. on use = great "oh shit" button.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

For Shadow and ignoring hit, Haste is the best secondary stat, with Crit being pretty much joined with Mastery behind it in terms of how it increases your DPS. I am really looking forward to this trinket for my Priest
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

My current scale factors:
    ? Int Spi SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    Scale Factors 2.9803 1.1722 2.3402 1.1827 1.2357 1.6278 1.1124

301 int + 40 int + 10 int socket bonus = 351 int = 1045.98 DPS
    194 Haste = 315.7932 DPS
    Total: ~= 1362 DPS

Compared to Heart of Ignacious (359);

385 SP = 900.9 DPS
    1605 * (1/6) = 267.5 Haste = 435.4365 DPS
    Total ~= 1336 DPS

On a theoretical basis the Vibrant Alchemist Stone is only better than Heart of Ignacious if you would not take into account that you can time the use effect with Archangel / Prepot / BLPot / Damage increase phases (e.g. Omnitron Puddles, Magmaw's Exposed Head). It is however a great trinket until you obtain Heart of Ignacious and Theralion's Mirror (or even Bell of Enraging Resonance).