Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do this way:

Garrote -> Coldblood Mutilate -> Rupture -> Mutilate (twice) -> Slice and Dice -> blah blah blah
    * 1 CP SnD is not enough for me (might be latency, might be me sucking, all I know is I'm the top DPS of my guild right now)

Also, as mentioned a few times before, don't forget your CDs. We have Overkill (aka Vanish), Coldblood and Vendetta, I also have Lifeblood and Berserk, and you should be double potioning every important fight (double potion = use Agility potion 1 sec before the tank pull and then use another one while in combat.); if you have any Trinket, use them too.
    The most you play, you'll get the timing of bosses - when you can use your CDs twice and when you should safe them from the end. Practice makes perfect here.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 12:33 PM ----------

PS: If you need to keep Expose Armor up for you guildmates, make sure you have the talent, and try to get the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by surr3a1 View Post
    That makes sense of course, but I've been too close to drop SnD too many times (and dropped it) when starting with garrote. In any case that extra mutilate that you're gonna do with the energy from the garrote will not boost your dps at all that much as you may think.
    It is a matter of how you prefer it I suppose.
    I always open with garrote when the encounter allows and I never have problems with SnD being close to drop off. You're obviously doing something wrong if you have problems with it.
    Former hardcore raider of SlashCry - Kazzak EU
    Notable achievements:
    World #20 Madness of Death Wing Heroic
    World #21 Spine of Death Wing Heroic
    World #20 Ragnaros Heroic
    World #29 Al'akir Heroic/Nefarian Heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I do this way:

Garrote -> Coldblood Mutilate -> Rupture -> Mutilate (twice) -> Slice and Dice -> blah blah blah
    * 1 CP SnD is not enough for me (might be latency, might be me sucking, all I know is I'm the top DPS of my guild right now)

Also, as mentioned a few times before, don't forget your CDs. We have Overkill (aka Vanish), Coldblood and Vendetta, I also have Lifeblood and Berserk, and you should be double potioning every important fight (double potion = use Agility potion 1 sec before the tank pull and then use another one while in combat.); if you have any Trinket, use them too.
    The most you play, you'll get the timing of bosses - when you can use your CDs twice and when you should safe them from the end. Practice makes perfect here.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 12:33 PM ----------

PS: If you need to keep Expose Armor up for you guildmates, make sure you have the talent, and try to get the glyph.
    Out of interest, why would you sacrifice your Cold Blood (2minute cd) on your first Mutilate instead of waiting to get the crit on your hardest hitting ability, 5cp 5dp Envenom after Rupture (and SnD) is up?

Or is the rotation you posted for a quick ramp up against single target dungeon trash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of interest, why would you sacrifice your Cold Blood (2minute cd) on your first Mutilate instead of waiting to get the crit on your hardest hitting ability, 5cp 5dp Envenom after Rupture (and SnD) is up?
    Because I don't think a 3 CP Rupture is worth it.
    If my first Mutilate doesn't crit, I would rather spend another GCD, or start with Slice and Dice and then go for Rupture. None of these options have been worked for me.

Waste a Coldblood on a Mutilate rather than spend it on an Envenom might not be the optimal choice, but it's the one that fits best for me. I know I'm not the best rogue of the world =/.