10+ Year Old Account

Any other hunters miss having their pet behind them when mounted?

I wish Blizzard would bring it back.. surely with some of the new technology they've got in Cataclysm they could do something to bring it back for us Hunters.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, i miss it. I also miss having my pet at full health when i dismount into combat. I hate the glitch were my pet enters combat before its health 'fills'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain View Post
    Yea, i miss it. I also miss having my pet at full health when i dismount into combat. I hate the glitch were my pet enters combat before its health 'fills'.
    So true. If you are not careful your pets dies with one hit.

Had my turtle one-shotted by a boss when I tried to prevent a wipe due to that glitch. Sometimes it's worse than others: when I dismissed my cat and popped my turtle out to grab the boss, his health didn't update for at least 3 to 5 seconds. When it did, he was already dead.

As for mounting, I just imagine that my proto drake eats my pet when I mount up. When I land, my pet bursts out of the drake's stomach, drake blood dripping from its jaws. I go through a friggin' lot of proto drakes in a given week.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Actually I don't miss it at all. It's nice with the Auto-summon on dismount. Don't like the health bug but w/e.

Besides, how realistic is it to have your pet running on the ground as fast as you're flying around. You can't do it Norm, you can't!
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh pets should just hop on the back of your mount when u mount up. although i can imagine that'll be a bit hard with a rhino as pet 8-)
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain View Post
    Good point, check out the thread I made: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869411647#1