Thread: Mouseover macro

Mouseover macro

Hi Mates!
    I'm not 100% sure whether I should post this here or on the macro forum - Mods please feel free to move if necessary.

I'm leveling my Priest alt now and since I love healing, she's ofc MS Holy, OS Disc. I usually heal via mouseover-macros + vuhdo on my resto-shammy mainchar which works perfectly fine with my Priest as well. With one exception: the "Holy Word: X".

The macro I use looks like this:
    #showtooltip Heal
    /cast [@mouseover,help] [help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@player] Heal

Is there any way to make this or a similarly working macro let me cast chastise and the two chakra variants with only one keybind?

thanks in advance

PS: yes I know what all the modifiers do and yes I do find them necessary (i.e. I don't like being trolled)
    PPS: I don't want to use addons like healbot. Please don't suggest using an addon for healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use Healbot... jk.

To make a Holy Word mouseover macro, you have to have regular Holy Word: Chastise somewhere on your bars, and basically tell the macro to click that button. There's a command you can do (I forget what it is.. ) and it'll tell you the name of a button on your action bar. Find out the name of your Holy Word button, and in your macro tell it to /click "ButtonName".
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-Holy-Words

I found this for some more macro information for Holy Word: whatever
    This passion is a plagiarism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found it. Put your mouse over Holy Word: Chastise and then type in:

/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end

and it'll give you the name.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

I thank both of you very much for your help.
    Yet, I still don't get this macro to work

With Marraphy's help, I found out that the button my Holy Word lies on is Button No2. Thus, my macro looks like this:
    #showtooltip Heal
    /target [@mouseover, exists]
    /click ActionButton2
    /targetlasttarget

If I get this right (I probably don't because I'm an idiot), I have to put the macro that says "click that button" ("that button" being the one my healing macro lies on) on my action bar. I then have to hotkey/click/use it and it should then do what I expect my other macros to do.
    It doesn't.
    If I have a mouseover target, it does nothing. If I have no target at all (=heal ME) it targets the last target.

I seriously appreciate someone who not only points out that I'm stupid (I know that already), but also why that's the case and what I can change.
    I admit it: I just want my Priest to work as smoothly as my Shammy...

I personally just manually target for Chastise/Serenity, and have been since the patch broke spell-ID's like that.

It's only once every 10 seconds, that I can change targets while casting other spells (or on the GCD), so realistically speaking it's not that difficult to pull off for me, and makes sure to not have the targetting issues for when I'm trying to pull off a Chastise.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I personally just manually target for Chastise/Serenity, and have been since the patch broke spell-ID's like that.

It's only once every 10 seconds, that I can change targets while casting other spells (or on the GCD), so realistically speaking it's not that difficult to pull off for me, and makes sure to not have the targetting issues for when I'm trying to pull off a Chastise.
    I agree that it is no gamebreaking problem to switch your target manually every once in a while - I think, this is the way to go for me.
    Still: if anyone has an idea of how to make my precious healing macro work for me, you're very welcome to pm me.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    You should use Healbot... jk.
    he hurt my feelings D:

i use healbot D:
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I'm glad that I started posting again so I can easily quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yes, but its kinda tricksy.

(1) Make sure both SelfCast options are off.
    (2) Place Holy Word: Chastise on your hotbar.
    (3) Mouse over said hotbar button and copy "/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())" in chat and press enter.
    (4) Write down the result of the script (you'll see it in chat).
    (5) Create a new macro called "HW" [or w/e] with the following script:

#showtooltip Holy Word: Chastise
    /target hbtarget
    /click INSERT_STEP3_RESULT_HERE
    /targetlasttarget

(6) Open mouseover addon of your choice [healbot, vuhdo, clique, etc.] and type in "HW" [or w/e your named it] in the button you wish to bind it.
    (7) Make sure your chosen button is not bound to anything else.

You now will be able to mouseover with Holy Word: Serenity. Basically, by doing this, you've bound the hotbar button instead of the spell to your selected key, which allows for the mouseover to be valid. The catch is, to cast Holy Word: Sanctuary with the same bind, you must first be moused over a valid healing target. To get around this, bind Holy Word: Chastise to another button and use that exclusively for HW: Sanc.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I'm glad that I started posting again so I can easily quote myself:

Yes, but its kinda tricksy.

(1) Make sure both SelfCast options are off.
    (2) Place Holy Word: Chastise on your hotbar.
    (3) Mouse over said hotbar button and copy "/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())" in chat and press enter.
    (4) Write down the result of the script (you'll see it in chat).
    (5) Create a new macro called "HW" [or w/e] with the following script:

#showtooltip Holy Word: Chastise
    /target hbtarget
    /click INSERT_STEP3_RESULT_HERE
    /targetlasttarget

(6) Open mouseover addon of your choice [healbot, vuhdo, clique, etc.] and type in "HW" [or w/e your named it] in the button you wish to bind it.
    (7) Make sure your chosen button is not bound to anything else.

You now will be able to mouseover with Holy Word: Serenity. Basically, by doing this, you've bound the hotbar button instead of the spell to your selected key, which allows for the mouseover to be valid. The catch is, to cast Holy Word: Sanctuary with the same bind, you must first be moused over a valid healing target. To get around this, bind Holy Word: Chastise to another button and use that exclusively for HW: Sanc

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your idea works almost perfectly for me. However, this: "The catch is, to cast Holy Word: Sanctuary with the same bind, you must first be moused over a valid healing target." kinda spoils it for me, as it just doesn't do what I want it to in the end. Just figure raidhealing Halufus hc with whelps. Try to find a valid healing target...

I see that this is as complicated as I thought.
    After a night of trying and deliberately wiping pugs, I chose to give in and klick Serenity when needed.

It's a nice concept, Blizz. It just doesn't work so good, you know...

When I'm in Holy, I just bind HW:Chastise to a different key for using HW:Sanc.

Also, it doesn't drop HW:Sanc over your mouseover target, you just need to have your mouse hovered over raidframes for the circle to activate, which you can then drag w/e you need it.