Thread: Need pet advice

Need pet advice

So I have been rocking BM for the last little bit to pick up all the utility pets and playing with it to get used to the spec in case I needed to use it. MM has been my favorite for years now, and I'm really happy about the incoming buffs. I have a Shale Spider for BM as a tank pet, but I need help deciding on a tank pet I can use while I'm not in BM. I currently have a Bear and a Scorpion. Which do you folks think is better, or is there another pet you would recommend over both. Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I used a crab for the 4 second lock. That worked quite well for me when I lvled to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
    So I have been rocking BM for the last little bit to pick up all the utility pets and playing with it to get used to the spec in case I needed to use it. MM has been my favorite for years now, and I'm really happy about the incoming buffs. I have a Shale Spider for BM as a tank pet, but I need help deciding on a tank pet I can use while I'm not in BM. I currently have a Bear and a Scorpion. Which do you folks think is better, or is there another pet you would recommend over both. Thanks in advance.
    I think boar goes well with mm with boar's +bleed damage while bear are very much versatile with damage reduction that can make it last longer.

For long fights like single tanking an elite try a turtle or a beetle for their extra defense in a pinch move.

If you would most likely encounter pvp or hate run away mobs try warp stalker or crocolisk, and scorpid is great against melee or other hunters.

Gorilla's pummel can be useful against spell caster and he knows when to pummel correctly though just remember to pack for some food for it since gorilla is a picky eater.

I hope that helps

Thanks for the advice guys. Anymore would be more than welcome, always like to get others impressions.

It isn't very difficult to browse over the various tenacity pet abilities and choosing the best for what you need. There is no global "best tanking pet" for every situation.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Bears were always my fav tanking pet but lately its whatever looks coolest now. Bear swipe plus tc was awesome!