Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation DON'T bring back 70 PvP offsets!

    So, as we all know (all 70 PvPers at least) the NPC selling the lvl 70 PvP offsets (neck, fingers, wrist etc) has been removed.
    Now, some people want these items buyable again.

    This must NOT happen! All the weapons and armor sets are already buyable for honor alone. If we are given the opportunity to buy the offsets again, raiding will mean nothing! I realised this once I started raiding on my Mage 3 days ago, and got more and more afraid that you'd get the PvP offsets back. Now I'm desperate.
    Everyone in every single 2v2 game will have the same gear. No variation.
    Also, it will be too easy. All the best gear, just for honor?

    Please, Blizzard, if you read this, hear my words! Do not make it too easy! Let raiding mean something to us 70 PvPers too! Life will suck for us if you get the gear back!

    This may not apply to all however. The people who ding 70, (wants to) grab the full PvP gear, and then get back to leveling after a week or so may disagree with me. But who will you value most? The ones who spends one week at 70, or the ones who are staying for a long time?

    This is from Astonishing, Tarren Mill - EU. This server also has alot of other 70 PvPers, and I've spoken to very many of them. Almost almost everyone agreed with me!
    And for "outsiders" who have never tried this, or may think that the queues take hours or so - in the middle of the days the queues are pretty much instant. And we do get rating. And we also get titles!

    Don't make this a joke for us! Make it at least a little bit rewarding to have stayed 70 for a while (and have gotten the offsets from raiding)!!

    Please comment if you agree, so the odds are better for us!

  2. #2
    I have no problems with everyone getting full brutal and what not. I will still beat them, I don't feel the urge to out gear people to win.
    And if you don't suck, you will too.

  3. #3
    Lvl 70 pvpers should lvl to 85 and stop qqing

  4. #4
    Point is, it will be plain boring if everyone has the same gear. I of course don't want to outgear people. It's just that... the people who reach high ratings, the legendary persons on his/her server... that stuff will be screwed if everyone has the same gear.
    But most important - it's too easy!

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Improvedlol View Post
    Lvl 70 pvpers should lvl to 85 and stop qqing
    Please take you trolling somewhere else. Really, no one else should post pointless comments like this... And also, I got a good geared 85 already. Now I want to try 70...
    Last edited by Cataclysmz; 2011-01-15 at 01:48 AM.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Yosef1015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Freljord
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmz View Post
    Please, Blizzard, if you read this
    This is not the place for that, try the official wow forums, you know, the ones that Blizz actually reads.

  6. #6
    Ill tell you what is plain boring : playing at lvl 70.

  7. #7
    Sorry, but why would Blizzard attach any value at all to people staying at the 70 cap? Why would they reward people for not moving into new content and buying new expansions?

    Also, I'd rather PVP people in equal-level gear. I don't want to faceroll noobs just because I have nice things and they don't. It requires no skill. Raiding at 70 is dead on almost every server, except for 80+s getting achievements.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Improvedlol View Post
    Ill tell you what is plain boring : playing at lvl 70.
    1: No it isnt.
    2: Seriously, are half of these people gonna be trolls...?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmz View Post
    If we are given the opportunity to buy the offsets again, raiding will mean nothing!
    [Nostalgiaboi]: LFM [Black Temple] 85 ONLY GLAIVES RESERVED
    /who nostalgiaboi
    [Nostalgiaboi]: Level 70 Blood Elf Warrior <Dark Swedish Destroyers> - Orgrimmar

    itt: 70 raiding means something
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

  10. #10
    I had 80% bis gear the first day I dinged, that is 5/5 brutal with weapon shield and relic, and all 3 swp tier pieces + some random swp pieces.

    gearing was piss easy in wrath, and its even easier now.

  11. #11
    So what I'm gleaning from this is that you think you're some sort of hot shot on your server (legendary person, really...?), and don't want anyone else to have that gear because of some misguided view that attaining gear for competitive PvP should be awkward and non-standardized.

    Right......

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnull View Post
    Sorry, but why would Blizzard attach any value at all to people staying at the 70 cap? Why would they reward people for not moving into new content and buying new expansions?

    Also, I'd rather PVP people in equal-level gear. I don't want to faceroll noobs just because I have nice things and they don't. It requires no skill. Raiding at 70 is dead on almost every server, except for 80+s getting achievements.
    On my server we have some rare moments during daytime when people aren't looking for 70 raids.
    And would we like it if once you reached 85, we could all buy full vicious for just honor? The answer is no.
    And obviously they do care about us. Why else would they even give us the Brutal sets and Weps back?

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    So what I'm gleaning from this is that you think you're some sort of hot shot on your server (legendary person, really...?), and don't want anyone else to have that gear because of some misguided view that attaining gear for competitive PvP should be awkward and non-standardized.

    Right......
    No, I am not that person -.-
    And really, if you don't know what I mean by that, you can't have played much WoW, or your server is weird
    And once again would we like it if once you reached 85, we could all buy full vicious for just honor?
    Last edited by Cataclysmz; 2011-01-15 at 01:55 AM.

  13. #13
    Blademaster MrWinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    36
    Because raiding as a level 70 with a level 85 Prot Pally to carry you through the raids is hard right? :|

    No offense mate, but you're one man amongst many voices to be heard. One person does not justify the whole population. =P
    HERE COMES THE PEW TANK!
    ●█︻███▄▄▄︻︻︻═══┻ ...PEW......PEW....PEW
    ▃▅████████▅▄▃
    ████PWNED███████▅
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWinky View Post
    Because raiding as a level 70 with a level 85 Prot Pally to carry you through the raids is hard right? :|

    No offense mate, but you're one man amongst many voices to be heard. One person does not justify the whole population. =P
    I would really like it if someone actually doing 70 PvP would comment.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy View Post
    I had 80% bis gear the first day I dinged, that is 5/5 brutal with weapon shield and relic, and all 3 swp tier pieces + some random swp pieces.

    gearing was piss easy in wrath, and its even easier now.
    If it's so damn easy, why make it even easier?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmz View Post
    I would really like it if someone actually doing 70 PvP would comment.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:57 AM ----------


    If it's so damn easy, why make it even easier?
    how is making a 2minute pvp trinket accesible, and multiple BiS items (warrior t6 doesn't have stamina, and BT level gear is so meh) making gearing easier?

    sadly for you though, you're on my battlegroup, so your chances of rank 1 in any bracket are long lost, as we already hold that.

  16. #16
    Blademaster MrWinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    36
    [QUOTE=Cataclysmz;10104723]I would really like it if someone actually doing 70 PvP would comment.[COLOR="red"]

    I have a level 70 Worgen Protection Spec EXP locked thank you. x]

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:09 AM ----------

    OH AND A GNOME! <3 forgot my gnomie.
    HERE COMES THE PEW TANK!
    ●█︻███▄▄▄︻︻︻═══┻ ...PEW......PEW....PEW
    ▃▅████████▅▄▃
    ████PWNED███████▅
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy View Post
    how is making a 2minute pvp trinket accesible, and multiple BiS items (warrior t6 doesn't have stamina, and BT level gear is so meh) making gearing easier?

    sadly for you though, you're on my battlegroup, so your chances of rank 1 in any bracket are long lost, as we already hold that.
    How it's making gearing easier...? Did you read what you just said?
    And "BT gear is so meh" didn't really convince me for some reason[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 03:11 AM ----------
    Last edited by Cataclysmz; 2011-01-15 at 02:12 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy View Post
    I had 80% bis gear the first day I dinged, that is 5/5 brutal with weapon shield and relic, and all 3 swp tier pieces + some random swp pieces.

    gearing was piss easy in wrath, and its even easier now.
    5/5 brutal is not BiS

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral kortin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWinky View Post
    Because raiding as a level 70 with a level 85 Prot Pally to carry you through the raids is hard right? :|

    No offense mate, but you're one man amongst many voices to be heard. One person does not justify the whole population. =P
    I'm going to agree with what this guy here says. Level 70 pvping is not something that is as common as one would think.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

    mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmz View Post
    How it's making gearing easier...? Did you read what you just said?
    And "BT gear is so meh" didn't really convince me for some reason
    how is waiting for 20minute locked BG ques easier than having 3 85's clear BT for you.
    and how does 141 BT gear compare to 159 guardian pieces, and certain classes dont benefit at all from the SWP t6 pieces, such as wariors, as it has no stamina.
    dont make it sound like its hard to roll BT, MH or SWP these days, we already rolled that in wrath, I have more trouble taking a dump than getting 70 raid gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    5/5 brutal is not BiS
    80% BiS is what I said I had the first day, then I listed the pieces I obtained said day, nowhere did I mention 5/5 being BiS.
    3/5 is, and for some classes 4/5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •