Poll: what will you do?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I can either be dead and not exist, or be in a spaceship all by myself.. I would probably decide to live and explore the universe for any intelligent life.

Sleeping with hot alien chicks>humanity.

Honestly its all easy said and done when just talking about it on a forum, but when you are actually faced with that decision, I bet the majority will save themselves. I really do not care about random people. The only time I would consider saving the world is if I had loved ones like children, wife, etc.
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-01-16 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the world, humanity's doom is inevitable so might as well get it over with. I'll go float off until I find other intelligent or superior lifeforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    is the universe populated by alien women, whom i need to teach the meaning of love?
    One can only hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    Would you prefer a more verbose response? Tough titties. The marvellous hypocrisy that came from the first sentence of your post astounded me so much, that i'm still lost for words. You 'assaulted' my views, because i 'assaulted' someone else's views.

Good show old chap!

Please don't tell me you can't see the inherent faux-nihilistic egotism with some of the posters in this thread, with regards to their standing towards the rest of the world. Such terrible phrases have been used. I'm sure the word 'deserving' popped up, although i definitely don't give enough of a shit to look back through the thread to find it. I have seen (paraphrasing) "ending their miserable lives" thrown in. Any need? REEEEEALLLLYYYYYY?

Heh, i guess i found my words again. Waddya know?

If someone's life so far has consisted of playing pokémon well into adulthood, roaming 4chan day and night and silently stalking pretty girls over facebook all along to a black metal soundtrack, i can understand why they think they're better than myself, and the rest of the world. Yeah, i know, those are some pretty big assumptions - but they've held true in my experience. Socially inept teenagers hate the world. Most of us just carry on with life, and would gladly protect all that we know, love and hold dear, even if mean the ultimate sacrifice - yourself.
    I will not deny the hypocrisy in my post, because that would be stupid. In fact, there would be no way to call you out on such behavior without resorting to the same behavior. Whip-dee-doo, life goes on.

Assumptions, assumptions, all black metal listeners are inept teenagers

You could have posted
    would gladly protect all that we know, love and hold dear, even if mean the ultimate sacrifice - yourself
    and not sound like a self-righteous holier-than-thou flaming hot dog, and this whole "no you" conversation wouldn't have had to start.

My main point still stands, every topic that offers a choice to be good or evil, someone just -has- to post something like yours.

Oh, and to note: You can still disagree with people, and reply you disagree with someone, without labeling them as "socially inept teenagers".
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Depends on a bunch of things: How I die, if people know I die, why the world is in danger(Humanity's fault or something they have no control of) what the universe is like if I don't die. Plus who knows if the situation came to be, I would like to believe I could do it, but it would be pretty freakin' hard to kill myself no matter what reason. I think what everyone is saying in this thread would be put to the test if they were really in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't value my own life that much.

i'd rather not die, but i would if it would save someone dear to me, let alone the whole world.
    that's my believe at least, having the guts to really, knowingly kill yourself is another topic^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bubble, then while falling to the surface of the earth, wait two minutes (its a long fall...) and then HoP before i hit the ground.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would run away and hide, humanity itself is slowly killing the planet, cleansing the world and starting anew wouldn't be such a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shagra View Post
    id wait 15 minuts, then fap

then kill myself
    you made my day xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lethill View Post
    It's a very tough decision. Removing humanity before we can spread ourselves to other worlds could be a good thing in my opinion. Unless we change our violent and destructive ways completely, I'd rather have the blood of an entire planet on my hands than allow us to infect other parts of the universe.

However, humanity probably isn't beyond redemption. Perhaps a narrow escape from extinction would cause a change in the way we treat the universe, other species and ourselves. In that case, I would definitely sacrifice myself.
    You're sick and should be locked away somewhere in a deep dungeon, away from those you seem to hate - of which btw you are apart of too.

This kind of mentality is endangering - we wouldn't have crawled out of the dark ages if we thought like this guy here. Self-loathing defeatist.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

give my life to safe family and friends, ofc i will do it. won't be easy but rather die as a hero then be alive as a cowerd knowing u could have saved them.

to bad u will save some scrubs and retards in the progress

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crayven View Post
    You're sick and should be locked away somewhere in a deep dungeon, away from those you seem to hate - of which btw you are apart of too.
    well, i think he/she does have a point

Save the world, but in an ego-way. I would never ever be able to live with my girlfriend, son and other family and friends dead. But I know they could get over me ^^,

No. If i can do it, so can someone else. Someone else who prolly wants to do it, like apparently the rest of the people on this page. Send them.

While the idea of sacrificing yourself to save something is noble, saying you could do it and actually being able to when the time has come are to completely different things.
    So since I have no kids and no one I love, I would probably hope that there is other life in the universe that I can reach, but you never know, on a good day it might turn out different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

I would save the world, but not for humanity but because the earth is such a beautifull place
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    Push the button that blows up the world!

Deleted
    why not, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    It's against the bible to Kill yourself, you'll go to hell.
    It is also allowed to own and beat a slave to death according to the bible, yet that is very illegal in most parts of the world. Moral of the story? The bible ain't shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    so you are in a spaceship(alone) and the planet is going to blow up, you have 10 minutes to do something that will kill you but save the planet and humanity. so will you kill yourself to save everyone else?

if you choose to not die you will runway to outer space all alone.(food and water are not a problem)
    I'd take my spaceship and travel to another galaxy never to look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water