Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very good Thread. And as he clearly stated it in the OP, what where they thinking when they nerfed RoR and DC. the DC change isn't only affected by DC but also hits us (as soft of a blow as it may seem its still an additional hit) to UB. its only 10% of total DC damage but it will be noticed in the long run. Though the new mastery will pick up DC damage the other nerfs that were to attempt to balance us were a bit much.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    Very good Thread. And as he clearly stated it in the OP, what where they thinking when they nerfed RoR and DC. the DC change isn't only affected by DC but also hits us (as soft of a blow as it may seem its still an additional hit) to UB. its only 10% of total DC damage but it will be noticed in the long run. Though the new mastery will pick up DC damage the other nerfs that were to attempt to balance us were a bit much.
    UB was like 1.6% of total damage before, it will be something like 1.44% of total damage.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Unholy blight won't do less damage because death coil isn't going to be doing less damage. Sure it's getting a 10% nerf and we are losing 5% strength, but the new mastery will buff it by 20% minimum so I'm pretty sure death coil is still going to hit harder.

If we end up doing less death coil damage overall it will be because of the sudden doom change, not anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    I agree with what's been said, mostly. A few of the nerfs were seemingly random(Magic Suppression, lol?), but the DC and Ghoul nerfs were needed. Above all else, Ghoul nerf seems most justified to me. They were putting out far too much of the players' damage, and it was essentially free DPS.

However often people say they need to "manage" their Ghoul, the truth is that they really, really don't. Pressing/binding DT instead of SS isn't hard, nor is it to make a /cast [@playerpet] Death Coil macro. Not only did it do insane damage, Ghouls could also (pretty much) ignore any and all raid mechanics. So, while every melee is moving out of fire/etcetc, Ghouls are just chilling behind the boss, giving the Unholy DK(s) free DPS. IMO, it's one of the main reasons Unholy is ahead on a lot of fights(also due to the fact that they're currently over-tuned.)

On Chimaeron, for example(the best 'tank-n-spank' fight as of right now), I'm where I should be: About 5-10% behind out resident Unholy DK, with myself as Frost. On any fight that requires extensive movement, he, and our new Unholy trial, pull quite far ahead.

Wow, that was quite a rant. I'm sure I've stated the same things multiple times, but whatever.
    TL;DR: Unholy nerfs were justified, but it looks as if it was nerfed TOO hard. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    This

The ghoul nerf is the only nerf they got right. Though I can understand the death coil one as well, with mastery scaling it now. The rest is overkill imho.

Now I just wish they'd update the ptr so I could test a bit with the pet nerfs implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Larcissa View Post
    Nothing on Blood? Looking forward to seeing the stat weights for Blood in 4.0.6, I can forsee stamina and avoidance being more useful very soon
    He doesn't play blood, so no.

It's time to make the Shadow portion of Scourge Strike an agent of the new Mastery. FIX THE BUG, BLIZZ!! If Shadow SS damage is not affected by Dreadblade when the changes go live, there is going to be a HUGE outcry of disdain, followed by a swift recourse by...well, I can only speak for myself here...DKs to 2h Frost, as that spec is receiving a slight buff, and no nerf (to the ground).

The buff to 2h frost is a lot more than slight, but I agree with the rest.