Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    id love to see this treatment to our Chaos Bolt. it hits like a slightly stronger green incinerate just now :/

blizz seem determined to not let the wrath set bonus madness happen again where spriests were completely forgoing MB for flaying, so it should be here to stay, and the damage could be pretty nice now.

Well Mindblast was weaker than Mindspike (it did like 60% of Mindspikes damage).

Deleted
    To be honest, I think Mind Blast scales better with crit rather than mastery (assuming you use it in a regular raid boss situation and not after MS).

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    To be honest, I think Mind Blast scales better with crit rather than mastery (assuming you use it in a regular raid boss situation and not after MS).
    Mastery itself is being buffed too though, and the increased passive benefit from the Shadow Orbs also benefits our DoTs.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It didn't make sense to have Mind Blast on a 6.5 sec cd, cost more mana, but doing less than Mind Spike, and now it's actually worth casting again
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Am I the only one that got over 50k crits with all procs from a mind spike, and that in a 5 man? Yes I was using Archangel and that was of course with 3 orbs and my JC serpent up at the time. But I didn't even have 8% damage increase (master poisoner, etc), just AI and kings. I'm seeing some random MB crits going up to 100k if it's truly going to be 50% harder hitting.

This is the other reason I'm expecting to reach 100k MB crits (sometimes):

Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.

I had already used a fair amount of mastery more than other priests though. I basically stacked Zen Dream emeralds to use the current fail requirement for Chaotic meta (and my JC gems are 67 int, of course). Oh yea, and the mastery trinket that gives bonus spellpower when your target is under 35% hp (with both trinkets up, I had a non crit 29k mind spike).
    Last edited by Achtalon; 2011-01-16 at 07:14 AM.

Never gotten a 50k crit. Must've been some major RNG. Also 50% of 50k= 75k.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    OH LOLOLOL, any decent PvP shadow priest knows that dots is the way to go and not MS spam. Shadow is all about moving a lot and avoiding CC so you can dispel your teammates. And for the record, I was hitting for 5k mind spikes on a full vicious geared team yesterday, which is nothing.
    The idea is DoTs down to 30-40% where you need that last burst to put them into execute range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    Never gotten a 50k crit. Must've been some major RNG. Also 50% of 50k= 75k.

I know what you meant, but 50% of 50k plus 50k = 75k.

Why I see 100k is because I only have blue gear (ilevle 348) plus 3 epics (belt/gloves/pvp weapon), and I did not have the benefit of 8% magic debuff. And mastery is getting buffed. Btw, I'm talking about pve crits, not against resilience targets.

Quite honestly, MB won't get even close to 100k crits. How you got 50k MS crit is beyond me.

Deleted
    I'm just looking for some information as to how valuable Mastery will be for us shadow priests once 4.0.6 goes live.

These are the changes I've noticed that will affect our mastery...
    * Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
    * Mind Blast damage has been significantly increased. It should be roughly 50% greater than Mind Spike.

I assume the first one increases our DoT's by 16% too? And if so, how well will mastery scale compared to crit/haste? I've seen some posts saying it's now better than crit but still less useful than haste, then other posts saying it still isnt worth taking compared to both crit and haste. But I've seen no math to back up either argument.

Cheers for any info
    Last edited by mmoce58ddae2ac; 2011-01-16 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkez View Post
    I'm just looking for some information as to how valuable Mastery will be for us shadow priests once 4.0.6 goes live.

These are the changes I've noticed that will affect our mastery...
    * Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
    * Mind Blast damage has been significantly increased. It should be roughly 50% greater than Mind Spike.

I assume the first one increases our DoT's by 16% too? And if so, how well will mastery scale compared to crit/haste? I've seen some posts saying it's now better than crit but still less useful than haste, then other posts saying it still isnt worth taking compared to both crit and haste. But I've seen no math to back up either argument.

Cheers for any info
    The buff won't be 16% stronger, the Orbs will benefit 16% more from mastery.