Thread: Simcraft help

Simcraft help

Hola

I have a quick question about Simcraft; where do you see what stat is best for your gearset? On EJ people say you should check simcraft to determine whether you should go for haste or crit, but I can't seem to find the text which tells me this information.

A lot of thanks in advance

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

10+ Year Old Account
    See the sticky at the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    See the sticky at the top of the page.
    Awesome! Thanks a lot, Jes!

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Deleted
    I have a question about SimCraft as well. I have only just started to use it after reading about it on mmo and I have run a few simluations to find out my stat weighting. I am currently 17.05% hit capped (as caster) but when I run the sim it tells me that hit has a higher weighting then all other stats except for intellect. Is there any options that are there by default that affects this (boss debuff or sim) as I can not see why I would need any more hit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hit is calculated differently than the other stats. The number it tells you is how much dps per point you would lose, not how much you would gain. This applies to expertise as well.

Basically, simcraft runs you a bunch of times, then runs you again with +300 of a stat. If you were at 16%, 300 is 3%, so you'd be at 19%, which means that whatever scale factor it would generate would be weighted at 1/3rd its actual value, giving you the false impression that getting more hit is a bad idea. By running it with a -300 stat, we can say for sure how valuable hit is without having to deal with the cap causing a deflation of the value.

It's up to you to manage the hit cap of course, but use the number it gives you as a guideline for ensuring your hit remains high.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Thank you. That makes sense.

Cheers!
    Last edited by mmocde9384df1f; 2011-02-17 at 01:05 AM.