Thread: New Fel Armor

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    you guys are complaining about the fact that a pure dps class only has one viable PvP spec? erm.. don't all pure dps classes have only one viable spec? It's not something that changed in the past month. This problem/situation was always there.
    What a great argument! Thanks for contributing! Let´s make all weak specs even weaker, to the point no one will play them! Great idea!

I will be very surprised if this makes it to live.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

not everyone is destro

What i want to know is, why do you NEED passive self healing? You take 30% less damage from soul link, you have active healing from drain life, deathcoil and from health stone. This isnt aimed just at you, i really dislike all passive healing, why should some classes get for free what others have to make sacrifices to get?

If you really do need more self healing, then why cant you get it from active abilities, drain life for example? Why does it have to be passive so you can just carry on doing your normal DPS rotation and let the heals come in? Where is the skill in that? Where's the effort? You're complaining about something you get for doing absolutely nothing.

/end rant
    Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    What i want to know is, why do you NEED passive self healing? You take 30% less damage from soul link, you have active healing from drain life, deathcoil and from health stone. This isnt aimed just at you, i really dislike all passive healing, why should some classes get for free what others have to make sacrifices to get?
    It's 25% glyphed, and it's not mitigated, it's redirected and that can put us potentially in a very bad position - no pet = substantially restricted utility. We also have few escapes, three of which share diminishing returns, and two with a long cooldown. We have only one damage soaking cooldown, which for all but one talent tree effects just one spell school (let's not discuss Sacrifice, it's just bad). Furthermore, we wear cloth. That is why we get passive healing. Without Fel Armor, then 1 tree has no self healing at all.

If you really do need more self healing, then why cant you get it from active abilities, drain life for example? Why does it have to be passive so you can just carry on doing your normal DPS rotation and let the heals come in? Where is the skill in that? Where's the effort? You're complaining about something you get for doing absolutely nothing.

/end rant
    Drain Life can be interupted, and for anyone not specced Affliction does terrible damage.

On the change itself, it's a lot better than what we were originally offered. There's time yet to tweak numbers if necessary, but it feels a lot more Warlocky than 10% mana.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-01-15 at 12:54 PM.

Ah my bad, it always used to be 30% right? And "Drain Life can be interupted, and for anyone not specced Affliction does terrible damage." Well...yeah, that's the point, if you wanna do damage, you do damage, if you need to heal, you heal, you shouldnt get one for doing the other? Imagine the QQ if everytime a resto shaman casted a heal, a lightning bolt came flying out and hit the nearest enemy, while that's a retardedly stupid idea, it's basically the same, getting one thing passively for doing the other. As i said, it's not just warlock's passive healing i take issue with, it's all passive healing (warriors being the other big offender), i dont see why it shouldnt cost at minimum a global cooldown to heal yourself.
    Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verash View Post
    not everyone is destro
    Not everyone is stupid either...

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:10 PM ----------

/end rant
    Then give us better active healing. Maybe you should stop ranting and start thinking about the broader picture.

15+ Year Old Account
    All these changes (and pvp wise nerfs) are understandable, they don't like it how warlocks are owning to hard in pvp atm
    WAIT A MINUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Telassios View Post
    Oh please! This change is a very considerable nerf to PvP compared to the situation on live. You might be able to break even on a training dummy, but there is no way in hell this change will make warlocks stronger in pvp. You are not freecasting all day in pvp!

Only affliction is strong in pvp. Only afflictions self healing was/is a problem. The other two specs depend on fel armor for survivability as well as mana.

If they want top nerf afflictions self healing - then nerf affliction specific talents. Don´t break the other two - weak - specs in pvp.

This is a nerf to affliction self healing as well, though, but since they depend on dots they will receive more health than the other specs while being trained. Therefor this change is quite dumb, not nearly as dumb as the previous change, but still dumb.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

No, it was far from overpowered. Destro and Demo were and are weak in pvp. Only affliction needed nerfs.

Btw it is 4 % every 5 seconds...
    wait a sec affliction didnt need mega nerfs imo - Demo is where the nerfs are needed, you can perfectly CC the lock minus banaish and the pet still hits like a truck.

Ah my bad, it always used to be 30% right? And "Drain Life can be interupted, and for anyone not specced Affliction does terrible damage." Well...yeah, that's the point, if you wanna do damage, you do damage, if you need to heal, you heal, you shouldnt get one for doing the other? Imagine the QQ if everytime a resto shaman casted a heal, a lightning bolt came flying out and hit the nearest enemy, while that's a retardedly stupid idea, it's basically the same, getting one thing passively for doing the other. As i said, it's not just warlock's passive healing i take issue with, it's all passive healing (warriors being the other big offender), i dont see why it shouldnt cost at minimum a global cooldown to heal yourself.
    A resto shammy doesnt need to sacrifice life to keep casting, they just drop a totem. Warlocks have such strong passive healing to counter having to sacrifice 20k hp for mana
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Quote Originally Posted by Telassios View Post
    What a great argument! Thanks for contributing! Let´s make all weak specs even weaker, to the point no one will play them! Great idea!
    I know right? because arcane and fire in pvp are so awesome.
    Pure DPS classes generally had 2 specs that are viable for PvE and one Spec that was viable for PvP.

Do not get me wrong, i sympathize with the fact that you had more than one PvP-viable spec and now you're down to own. But the drama is highly inappropriate considering all other pure DPS specs are in the same situation. Heck, even some hybrids have a spec or two that aren't totally viable at this point. Pallies "generally" are either holy or nothing in PvP. Druids are "i think" either feral or resto. Personally haven't met any boomkins in arenas yet. (note: in competitive PvP, you can still find those specs in random BGs and the likes)

Point in case being, you're complaining that you are functioning at the same level as other classes. I would personally love to see fire and arcane viable in PvP myself. But they're not, so i'm dealing with it the only way i sadly can. Playing a holy paladin in PvP. yay for alts >.>
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Just because ur other specs suck doesnt mean warlocks wanted to be drag down to that level. In fact, no one does. It's not a crime to discuss how to salvage specs to make them viable. You of all people should realize that it's not fun being pigeonholed to one spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    Assuming ~14000 DPS this will probably heal for about Half of what the old fel armor did.

At least it's better than 10% mana.
    It's around 2/3 of what present Fel Armor does.

I'm going to low ball this for nicer rounding in numbers.

Let's say you do 10k DPS and have 100k health.

Old Fel Armor (without Demonic Aegis) would heal for 2000 health every 5 seconds or 400 health every second.

New Fel Armor (without Demonic Aegis) would have for 300 health every second or 1500 health every 5 seconds.

Deleted
    Well i like the change, its not the old Fel armor but its def better than 10% mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    I'm actually happy with this. 5% every 5 seconds passively was pretty overpowered, 10% increased mana seriously made me think about re-rolling, but this is a good thing. If this goes live, I will definitely enjoy by Warlock more.
    Really? You were considering to re-roll your main because of such a relatively minor change? May I ask you how often you already have changed your main since you started playing or did you already lose the count? No offense intended.

Also, I actually highly doubt it would heal off dots. That would seem rather overpowered unless it would only heal when you apply it, even then so by applying Haunt, Corruption, Bane of Agony and perhaps Unstable Affliction you would heal yourself for 12% of your total health in about 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Just because ur other specs suck doesnt mean warlocks wanted to be drag down to that level. In fact, no one does. It's not a crime to discuss how to salvage specs to make them viable. You of all people should realize that it's not fun being pigeonholed to one spec.
    i do understand. But things like " now i gotta reroll,because the class is utterly broken" won't help in finding "solutions" to the problem.
    My main point being, that the people in this topic should focus on that instead of (some of them) making it sound like the change is the end of the world, when truthfully its quite a minor thing and won't "utterly destroy the class" like some of the people in this topic make it sound.
    It's called moderation. People need to asses the situation and the gravity of it instead of over-dramatizing.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

read that wrong.
    Last edited by Ashator; 2011-01-15 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Really? You were considering to re-roll your main because of such a relatively minor change? May I ask you how often you already have changed your main since you started playing or did you already lose the count? No offense intended.

Also, I actually highly doubt it would heal off dots. That would seem rather overpowered unless it would only heal when you apply it, even then so by applying Haunt, Corruption, Bane of Agony and perhaps Unstable Affliction you would heal yourself for 12% of your total health in about 4 seconds.
    It would be overpowered if it worked on DoTs, that I agree, but the only casted damage attack an affliction lock is using is shadow bolt and haunt. I don't think it would proc off drain life since it's channeled. For Aff this will not do much. Demo and Destro will benefit from it more. Either way it beats 10% mana.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    It would be overpowered if it worked on DoTs, that I agree, but the only casted damage attack an affliction lock is using is shadow bolt and haunt. I don't think it would proc off drain life since it's channeled. For Aff this will not do much. Demo and Destro will benefit from it more. Either way it beats 10% mana.
    how is this op to work off dots? its like 90 health every 3 seconds off UA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Deleted
    I would like to know does it really give 1400 sp? Only thing what i care about