Question [Fire] Mage Trinkets

I'm trying to figure out which trinkets I should be using as fire. These are the ones I'm aware of at the moment. If we exclude the Heroic versions would Stump of Time and Darkmoon be best in slot over Bell of Enraging Resonance?

Stump Of Time (Baradin's Hold Rep)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=62470

Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=62047

Bell of Enraging Resonance
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59326

Theralion's Mirror
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59519

Tyrande's Favorite Doll (Arch)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64645/ty...-favorite-doll

Heroic Versions:
    Bell of Enraging Resonance (Heroic)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65053

Theralion's Mirror (Heroic)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65105

Deleted
    1:Bell of Enraging Resonance

2:Stump Of Time (Baradin's Hold Rep)

If you don't lack hit however,

2: Darkmoon Card: Volcano

Deleted
    If you have the hit for it, go Bell of Enraging Resonance and Darkmoon Card: Volcano imo

Thanks for the feedback, any other opinions welcomed.. I'm not sure what the Internal CDs are for the trinkets and from my understanding Volcano does benefit from Fire Specialization as well.

I am currently using Stump of time and Heart of Ignatius( from twilight council) and i am pretty pleased. I have tried Bell and it just seems bad as crit isn't that important anymore.

theralion's mirrror is ok, but mastery proc is rubbish in my opinion as it doesn't offer good enough burst as a haste/SP proc/use does so i wouldn't use it.

I dont have the card but from what i've heard it's quite good, my suggestion would be.

the archeology one is not that good.

My suggestion would be Stump and card, but any of these are good basically. If you have acces to all of them,get those 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesiya View Post
    theralion's mirrror is ok, but mastery proc is rubbish in my opinion as it doesn't offer good enough burst as a haste/SP proc/use does so i wouldn't use it.
    You're right, having 2000 extra mastery for your combustion is totally worthless for fire burst.

Oh wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    You're right, having 2000 extra mastery for your combustion is totally worthless for fire burst.

Oh wait..
    Gaining mastery vs gaining flat out SP, you have to revert back to the stat weight of each, esp since they are both procs and not on use. SP > mastery

I am currently using Stump of time and Heart of Ignatius( from twilight council) and i am pretty pleased. I have tried Bell and it just seems bad as crit isn't that important anymore.

I dont have the card but from what i've heard it's quite good, my suggestion would be.

the archeology one is not that good.

My suggestion would be Stump and card, but any of these are good basically. If you have acces to all of them,get those 2
    Crit isn't important anymore? Is that a joke? 359 Bell is even better than any 372 trinket at the moment. Tyrandes Doll is also a pretty good trinket but considering how much of a pain archeology is and how next patch our mana won't be as constrained I wouldn't go for it.

Bell/Volcano is the best 359 set you can get.
    Bell/Mirror is the best 372 set you can get.
    Bell/Stump is a good substitute for Volcano if you don't want to spend 30k gold.
    Bell/Mirror of Broken images is really good for heroic fights that survival > DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    Crit isn't important anymore? Is that a joke? 359 Bell is even better than any 372 trinket at the moment. Tyrandes Doll is also a pretty good trinket but considering how much of a pain archeology is and how next patch our mana won't be as constrained I wouldn't go for it.

Bell/Volcano is the best 359 set you can get.
    Bell/Mirror is the best 372 set you can get.
    Bell/Stump is a good substitute for Volcano if you don't want to spend 30k gold.
    Bell/Mirror of Broken images is really good for heroic fights that survival > DPS increase.
    I did not say crit isn't important, i said haste and mastery are better for you then crit.

And bell is a good trinket,but it is the worse caster dps trinket in raids that you can get, i will try to explain why.

First of all, rawr simply puts it as the worst trinket,and rawr tends to be correct. Also a very good site i use for over 2 years Maxdps clearly states it.

Also i was trying out a lot of trinkets, because there is no BIS trinket list on the internet that i could find.

First using Stump/bell- second using Stump/heart of ignatius and my dps was 300-600 dps higher using stump/heart on 5 different tries each.

The second reason why i think bell is bad is because i dont like proc trinkets. Use trinkets are better imo because they offer you more controlable burst and not some random proc. Sure, if your a newer player and can'r remember to use a trinket every 2 minutes or so, proc one is good. But i used bell for 2 weeks and it often procs when i dont want it to, just as any other proc trinket.

Sorry for bad english

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say crit isn't important, i said haste and mastery are better for you then crit.

And bell is a good trinket,but it is the worse caster dps trinket in raids that you can get, i will try to explain why.

First of all, rawr simply puts it as the worst trinket,and rawr tends to be correct. Also a very good site i use for over 2 years Maxdps clearly states it.

Also i was trying out a lot of trinkets, because there is no BIS trinket list on the internet that i could find.

First using Stump/bell- second using Stump/heart of ignatius and my dps was 300-600 dps higher using stump/heart on 5 different tries each.

The second reason why i think bell is bad is because i dont like proc trinkets. Use trinkets are better imo because they offer you more controlable burst and not some random proc. Sure, if your a newer player and can'r remember to use a trinket every 2 minutes or so, proc one is good. But i used bell for 2 weeks and it often procs when i dont want it to, just as any other proc trinket.

Sorry for bad english
    :s

int >> hit >> crit >> mastery > haste (after the 5%'ish)
    rawr may not account the on use or proc chances properly, it tends to have failures in that department from time to time due not being fully updated
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

I suggest you read this, It's written by Logoz on Illidan US.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?hl=en&pli=1#

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    I suggest you read this, It's written by Logoz on Illidan US.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?hl=en&pli=1#
    I don't agree with him for 3 reasons.

1: Somehow I think his int => SP conversion is wrong.

When looking at the mirror:

363 int * 1.05*1.05 = 400 int which I agree with but that int is worth 1 SP. The whole 1 int = 1.11SP comes from the wizardry and kings multiplier so he double dips on those buffs.

2:
    On the bell vs heart he takes in account the 10% SP buff for the static SP while ignoring the buff for the proc.

3:
    And afaik the ICD starts when the proc starts and not when it ends which increases the effect of the bells proc.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    I used Theralion's mirror for 3 weeks, until I received my bell.
    I had a DPS increase from it and ontop of it, I'm now sitting on 29,34% crit selfbuffed.

As I said, use the following:
    1st trinket: Bell
    2nd trinket: Stump of Time (IF YOU NEED THE HIT RATING FROM IT)
    2nd trinket: Card: Volcano (IF YOU DON'T NEED THE HIT RATING FROM STUMP OF TIME).
    2nd trinket: Tyrande's Doll / Theralion's Mirror (IF YOU DON'T NEED HIT RATING & YOU CANNOT AFFORD 30K GOLD FOR CARD: VOLCANO).

It's that simple.. stop confusing the guy.

Sorry for bad english
    Crit is much better for Fire than haste/mastery, almost twice as good in fact. As far as Rawr goes, most of Rawrs trinket modeling is incorrect right now but it still puts bell was one of the best fire trinkets. MaxDPS has never been a reliable website and probably never will be. There are tons of BIS lists on the internet right now too, BIS trinkets are 372 Mirror+Bell on all of them. And for Proc vs Use trinkets, Proc trinkets tend to be better. What was our best trinket setup in T7? Embrace (proc) + Dragon Soul (Stacking). What was our best trinket setup in T10? Phylactery (proc) + DFO (proc). Generally speaking, good on use trinkets aren't very easy to find.